Windows 10: Seems like Microsoft wants to ignore this: This sign in option is disabled because of...

Discus and support Seems like Microsoft wants to ignore this: This sign in option is disabled because of... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My functional microsoft account is attached to an email that no longer existsbusiness, bankruptcy, etc. Do I have to now go rouge hacker and excise... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ghostofamerica, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Seems like Microsoft wants to ignore this: This sign in option is disabled because of...

My functional microsoft account is attached to an email that no longer existsbusiness, bankruptcy, etc. Do I have to now go rouge hacker and excise windows 10 from my laptop just to avoid this inane and user-hobblingsecurity feature?

This sign in option is disabled because of failed sign in attempts or repeated shutdowns

Please read further, especially if you are a MS rep about to pounce on the thread with a tonedeaf response straight out of the manual of how to stonewall a frustrated user and then lock my thread afterwards to stop real users from commenting real helpful suggestions.

I've already got a dual boot with Kali Linux. I use windows ten primarily to watch movies on DVD and play Jetpack1.5 . I think I can make work arounds for both of those, especially if I've got about five hundred gigabytes ofwasted space currently housing the offending software.

However, inertia is powerful. I would much rather continue to use the laden, lagging, bugged up architecture of windows ten as I have been. This si the first time I've seen the error message:This sign in option is disabled because of failed sign in attempts or repeated shutdowns.I will not put up with it for long.

I'd like to recover my account, but that email is long gone and all I remember is the PIN. I'd like to disable this security feature of windows 10, but I'm sure if they are freezing threads and tossing canned responses like grenades that I won't get my answer here.

Please, ask me some stupid questions, like how I'm posting this if my account is irretrievable? I made a new one, but it still doesn't help me with my current hardward/software conundrum. If you're from Microsoft, please, don't answer, don't lock my thread, just let the professionals handle this one okay?

:)

ghostofamerica, Aug 31, 2020

2. Microsoft account Sign in option under user account is not working

Hi NAvneet.

Many thanks for your help. But this didn't work.

Should I try the below procedure. Someone has suggested this method to similar query in other thread. Pls suggest:

Please follow the steps to enable the build in administrator and check if it helps:

• Use the power button on the sign-in screen to Shift+Restart. This will take you to the recovery boot menu.
    • Click Troubleshoot, Advanced options, Startup settings. When given the choice of startup options, try booting the PC in
      Safe Mode with Command Prompt. If you can’t get there, skip to the next major step.
      • If you can get to a CMD window, enable the built-in administrator account:

net user administrator /active:yes
      • Then restart and sign-in as the Administrator account.
      • Once in the Administrator account, open Regedit
        and go to the following key:

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\IdentityCRL\StoredIdentities
      • Save a backup of the key: Export the StoredIdentities key to a .REG file on the desktop.
      • Then continue with step 4 below.
    • Use boot media to access the recovery command prompt.
      • Start Regedit.
      • Select the HKEY_USERS key.
      • Click File, Load Hive. and go up in the file system to This PC. Then browse to this file and then click Open:

C:\Windows\System32\config\DEFAULT
      • When prompted, name it “def”
      • Select this key:

HKEY_USERS\def\Software\Microsoft\IdentityCRL\StoredIdentities
      • Save a backup of the key: Export the StoredIdentities key to a .REG file on the C:\ drive.
    • Find the subkey under StoredIdentities that matches the name of the Microsoft Account.
    • Delete the key.
    • If you loaded the offline registry hive, go back up in the tree on the left and select “def”. Then click File,
      Unload hive. This option will only be available if “def” is selected.
    • Restart the PC and test sign-in.
    • Once done, you may need to Verify the account in Settings, Accounts in order for it to be fully usable in Windows again.
    • If you used the built-in Administrator account to resolve the issue, please return it to the default disabled state to help keep the Computer secure. To do so follow the steps:
      net user administrator /active:no
    Please create a new administrator account using the Microsoft Account and check.

Shobhitjain2005, Aug 31, 2020
  3. Teokute Win User
    Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. Seems like Microsoft wants to ignore this: This sign in option is disabled because of... :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, Aug 31, 2020
  4. Seems like Microsoft wants to ignore this: This sign in option is disabled because of...

signing into microsoft account

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to us. We apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Accounts.
    • In the left pane, click on sign-in options.
    • In the right pane select Never from the drop down list for the option
      Require sign-in.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

Seems like Microsoft wants to ignore this: This sign in option is disabled because of...

1. Seems like Microsoft wants to ignore this: This sign in option is disabled because of... - Similar Threads - Seems Microsoft wants

2. This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns....: So I found the best way to circumvent this is by just waiting 2 hours, but I don't want to have this be my new normal, it's now the second time this happen, what can I do to prevent this from happening, I tried adding a new password, but ask me about hello which I don't...
  3. "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns"...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns"...: My PC's sound was working since July 25 so I had to contact costomer support. I did everthing they told me to do and also washed my PC. Ever since I did a driver update, my PC started randomly rebooting on its own and showing bluescreen sometimes. When the screen shows it...
  4. This sign-in option is disabled because sign-in attempts failed or the device was turned...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This sign-in option is disabled because sign-in attempts failed or the device was turned...: Idk why I have this issue and I didn‘t get my PIN wrong or shutdown repeatedly. I have my PIN I know for a fact it‘s the correct one but it won‘t let me put it in??! I have waited way more than 2 hours while having left the laptop on and even ensuring ever couple minutes for...
  5. "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns"...

"This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns"...: "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a different sign-in option or keep your device powered on for at least 2 hours and then try again" This message comes up almost everytime laptop is turned on, it hasn't had...
  6. Help with This sign in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with This sign in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts?: This sign in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-with-this-sign-in-option-is-disabled-because/50d4c7ba-02ec-44cb-821e-8d8e81d12613
  7. Help with This sign in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts?

Help with This sign in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts?: This sign in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-with-this-sign-in-option-is-disabled-because/50d4c7ba-02ec-44cb-821e-8d8e81d12613
  8. This sign in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This sign in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns: I switch on the computer and put in my pin code. I get the message ' This sign in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns. Use a different sign-in option or keep your device powered on for at least two hours and then try again'. The...
  9. This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns”...

This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns”...: This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shutdowns” How do I fix this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-sign-in-option-is-disabled-because-of-failed/4bd907ca-f4e5-4d52-84e6-dad6fe6d2d77
  10. The sign in option is disabled because of failed sign in attempts or repeated shutdowns

The sign in option is disabled because of failed sign in attempts or repeated shutdowns: For close to a week now, my laptop has been going to the blue screen and automatically restarting. The stop code is UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP. I had not yet fixed this problem, but my laptop was still usable, as I could often still use it for extended periods of time....