Windows 10: Seems Like My Malware Protection Took A Bigger Byte Than Win Pro Could Chew

Discus and support Seems Like My Malware Protection Took A Bigger Byte Than Win Pro Could Chew in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello MS Community - I'm driving myself crazy exhausting every conceivable solution besides a clean install to resolve my PC constant error messages... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CoveredUP, Dec 2, 2020.

1. CoveredUP Win User

Seems Like My Malware Protection Took A Bigger Byte Than Win Pro Could Chew

Hello MS Community - I'm driving myself crazy exhausting every conceivable solution besides a clean install to resolve my PC constant error messages noted below. I usually get the error messages when an app starts up. What started as a few has turned into numerous unexpected system crashes with several that would not windows to boot. I've always been skeptical about virus protection outside of windows build. Call it a conspiracy theory that has kept me free from viruses for years with my thinking these software companies take advantage when you let them in. When my system started to slow down and my email was on the dark web, I gave them a shot. I use clean my mac for my imac and it seems to perform well. When they recently got into the pc market, I gave it a run and a scan would show clean results. I then dl maleware bytes whose first scan of course indicated all cleanmypc files as PUP. They did remove some adaware with some temp relief. Then i started to get attacks through chrome where they took control of my settings. I figured the free version was limited and purchased the year license at 50% off. First scan after purchase found 352 files. I went through the quarantine list and after the first 50, I started to scan after seeing they were all malware/adaware/spyware no PUP to check as sys files before approving delete. The next day began with warnings below claiming bad image eg adobe no longer compatible. with this ver of win pro. I reinstalled creative cloud and all apps with warnings then tried to update windows as noted below dl fails each time. Biggest improvement came after a deep 8 hour scan using Microsoft's Safety app where 19 files listed as the 5 below were deleted. I restarted and still get the warning popups and win updates still fails after 15 secs of dl. Any suggestions besides the inevitable clean install. I greatly appreciate your time to respond. Thanks so much!

Seems Like My Malware Protection Took A Bigger Byte Than Win Pro Could Chew 35b277d0-4eff-4cb4-857d-2aa0fe35c2b9?upload=true.png

:)

CoveredUP, Dec 2, 2020

2. malware bytes

Hello Bob

Thanks for posting Microsoft Community. I'm Marcos Independent Advisor.

Is Malware Bytes free version or Premiun?

If it is the Malware Bytes free version there should be no conflict, because they won't be doing the same work.

Malware Bytes free version runs as a periodic scanner, looking for malware, Windows Defender will be running as a real-time protection.

I suggest you testing both it should work well with Defender.

If you have Premiun Malware Bytes then It is not recommended to run more than one real-time Anti-Malware product. You should only chose to use one of them.

Hope it helps you let me know if you need further assistance.

Regards.

MarcosAraujo2, Dec 2, 2020
  3. Jsssssssss, Dec 2, 2020
  4. Seems Like My Malware Protection Took A Bigger Byte Than Win Pro Could Chew

Malware Bytes

Is Malware Bytes compatible with windows defender on windows 10?

TomLesterXH, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

Seems Like My Malware Protection Took A Bigger Byte Than Win Pro Could Chew

1. Seems Like My Malware Protection Took A Bigger Byte Than Win Pro Could Chew - Similar Threads - Seems Malware Protection

2. Malware bytes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Malware bytes: i was playing watch dogs then malwarebytes were notifying me that it blocked a trojan or something i downloaded watchdogs on steam And im wondering if its really a trojan or something...
  3. Malware bytes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Malware bytes: i was playing watch dogs then malwarebytes were notifying me that it blocked a trojan or something i downloaded watchdogs on steam And im wondering if its really a trojan or something...
  4. Malware bytes compatibility with BitDefender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malware bytes compatibility with BitDefender: Recently upgraded to Bit Defender VPN via support service who in turn deleted existing Malware Bytes protection on the premise that you should not have two security systems on the same unit. Cyber world tells me BD will not update if MB is installed which might explain why...
  5. Malware bytes compatibility with BitDefender

Malware bytes compatibility with BitDefender: Recently upgraded to Bit Defender VPN via support service who in turn deleted existing Malware Bytes protection on the premise that you should not have two security systems on the same unit. Cyber world tells me BD will not update if MB is installed which might explain why...
  6. Malware Bytes and Windows Defender

Malware Bytes and Windows Defender: I just did an upgrade to Malware Bytes and now Windows Defender is turned off but Defender is offering the option to do an occasional checkup. What is that all about?...
  7. Malware Bytes and SWinduws Defender

Malware Bytes and SWinduws Defender: I just did an upgrade to Malware Bytes and now Windows Defender is turned off but Defender is offering the option to do an occasional checkup. What is that all about?...
  8. Why cryptojacking malware is a bigger threat to your PC than realized

in Windows 10 News
    Why cryptojacking malware is a bigger threat to your PC than realized: Cryptocurrency mining malware has been one of the most prolific forms of malicious software distributed by cyber criminals throughout 2018, but given how some view it as relatively benign compared with other more damaging attacks like ransomware and trojans, it's occasionally...
  9. BitDefender Or Malware Bytes ?

BitDefender Or Malware Bytes ?: Hello, Brand new W10 user. a. Is it true that if you use a third party ant-virus program, the one MS provides with W10 (Called Defender ?) is automatically turned off ? If so, any workaround ? The paid third party ones so much better, that losing the MS is worth it...
  10. Malware Bytes context menu

Malware Bytes context menu: I read over at the Malwarebytes forum that toggling it off and back on worked for some users. (context menu setting)