Windows 10: Seems now that a forced check for updates is updating to 1809

Discus and support Seems now that a forced check for updates is updating to 1809 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Had one client call and so I went to check on my unupdated 1803 install and checked for updates and there it was. 123313 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Porthos, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Porthos Win User

Seems now that a forced check for updates is updating to 1809

Had one client call and so I went to check on my unupdated 1803 install and checked for updates and there it was.

:)

Porthos, Dec 11, 2018
  2. Naki Win User

Minor suggestion for Check for updates

No, I know that. Exactly where I suggest this to be changed, please note.
    Sorry for not being clear.

The Check for updates small window currently does not show what I ask to be added - program version. Please consider adding this. Many other programs have this, so I suggest for GPU-Z to have it too.

3. Should I update bios?

I would read the warranty before doing anything. If the manufacturer finds out you did something not on their approved list of steps,for example using a program they didn't list, or a bios, etc, they can treat your video card rma like you threw it against the wall , because if something goes wrong and you didn't follow their steps exactly ,it was damaged through human error and they're not likely going to be obligated to cover it warranty wise. I don't know for sure, I just advocate that you check first , and I also advocate that you verify that it's an actual update ,because very rarely do manufacturers release updates for gpu bios'. And they most certainly wont cover a GPU "update" if its a bios file written by some dude in the Ukraine, it has to be a set process, they have predetermined often.

jboydgolfer, Dec 11, 2018
  4. Seems now that a forced check for updates is updating to 1809

Should I update bios?

Lol, there is still so many myths about flashing bios and people actually believe in them. People, this is 2018, not 1998, bios updates are easy and when file is provided by manufacturer themselves then they do RMA gpus, motherboards, mice and all other devices which failed during flashing.

spectatorx, Dec 11, 2018
Thema:

Seems now that a forced check for updates is updating to 1809

1. Seems now that a forced check for updates is updating to 1809 - Similar Threads - Seems forced check

2. Forcing this update and now PC not booting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Forcing this update and now PC not booting: My Windows updated without my knowledge and now it is stuck at restarting for an hour. I have tons of things that I need to do and I dont want to make my PC worst so please help me. This updates starts 2 hours ago and it restarted multiple times now and its happening for an...
  3. Forcing this update and now PC not booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forcing this update and now PC not booting: My Windows updated without my knowledge and now it is stuck at restarting for an hour. I have tons of things that I need to do and I dont want to make my PC worst so please help me. This updates starts 2 hours ago and it restarted multiple times now and its happening for an...
  4. Forcing this update and now PC not booting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to prevent forced feature update from 1809?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to prevent forced feature update from 1809?: I am running Windows 10 Home, version 1809. I have software on my device that will not be compatible with 1903 or later. How do I prevent or defer the forced feature update to 1909 that is being pushed to my device?...
  6. Win 10 Update showing forced update from1803 to 1809

Win 10 Update showing forced update from1803 to 1809: I ust got a notice that my computer want to restart to upgrade to 1809 because 1803 is hitting end of support. I tried upgrading to 1809 when it came out and it completely crashed my system. Fortunately, I had created a bootable clone of the system drive (no data on it) and...
  7. check for updates in 1809

check for updates in 1809: hi joydeep sir while i am checking for windows updates in 1809 it keep on saying as check for windows update but no update are getting installed or nor even showing....
  8. Seems now that a forced check for updates is updating to 1809

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Seems now that a forced check for updates is updating to 1809: Had one client call and so I went to check on my unupdated 1803 install and checked for updates and there it was. 123313
  9. Is it ok to check for updates now?

Is it ok to check for updates now?: Is it ok to check for updates now after the whole Windows update deleting files thing has been pulled? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-ok-to-check-for-updates-now/7f9b243b-a3ae-446d-bcdc-68e51e12eb9b
  10. check for update got stuck in 1809

check for update got stuck in 1809: hi joydeep sir when i check for updates for 1809 it got stuck and keep saying check for update and no updates showing or not saying up to date even. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/check-for-update-got-stuck-in-1809/dfd7a15c-b747-4986-9318-e3987edf79f5