Windows 10: Seems to be a new take on an continuing problem ...

Discus and support Seems to be a new take on an continuing problem ... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently posted a problem stating that I could not write to the root of C:\ drive. The problem has changed now to not being able to write to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by D0_We11, Dec 28, 2019.

1. D0_We11 Win User

Seems to be a new take on an continuing problem ...

I recently posted a problem stating that I could not write to the root of C:\ drive. The problem has changed now to not being able to write to the root of D:\ drive. I had made a couple of changes that seemed to fix the problem with C: drive but have since gone back and changed them back to their original value based on some advice I received that seemed to make since.

It started with this error.

Seems to be a new take on an continuing problem ... 6caf8131-ad5a-45ec-8cde-1df902cfed34?upload=true.png

I then tried making a new folder and file in the root just to see if I could. Here's the result of that. It appears to be working fine.

Seems to be a new take on an continuing problem ... d43de923-b9c1-4dac-b839-65bb44742a79?upload=true.png

These are the two things I went back and changed in Secpol. By the way writing to root C: is working fine after changing these values back to their original values.

Seems to be a new take on an continuing problem ... 318b683f-aef9-4ae7-956b-025ab7b6ebff?upload=true.png

Seems to be a new take on an continuing problem ... 2367cf39-09d4-40b6-b884-751954112039?upload=true.png

These are the security settings on drive D:.
    Seems to be a new take on an continuing problem ... 220b5581-4552-4df4-b2d5-86d58be004ce?upload=true.png

The PC I'm having the problem with is the one I'm using now. It has a new OS I installed just last week. I also don't think it's the drive giving the problem. It works fine on other PC's.

I hope someone can help with this. I am so sick of this problem.

Thank You. Any help will be appreciated.

:)

D0_We11, Dec 28, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Dec 28, 2019
  3. Phenom 9850BE low voltage overclocking results!

well if your going to continue with overclocking, i suggest doing the baby steps thing heh. good luck with the overclocking

eidairaman1, Dec 28, 2019
  4. Seems to be a new take on an continuing problem ...

MW2 Problem

I think the game is booting, then Steam is trying to boot, but is hanging during the login process, hell it may be sitting there wait for you to enter your password.

Try this, turn Steam On and log in. Click on the game listed in the "My Games" tab to start MW2 and see if the problem continues. If that does not work, you have 2 other suggestions above.

TheLaughingMan, Dec 28, 2019
Thema:

Seems to be a new take on an continuing problem ...

1. Seems to be a new take on an continuing problem ... - Similar Threads - Seems continuing problem

2. Continued Problems Activating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Continued Problems Activating: Hello,I recently upgraded my computer and installed Windows 10 from a flash drive. As I no longer had the product key, I was continually unable to activate Windows 10. I recently purchased a genuine version of Windows 10 from newegg.com because the Microsoft store would not...
  3. Continued Problems Activating

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Continued Problems Activating: Hello,I recently upgraded my computer and installed Windows 10 from a flash drive. As I no longer had the product key, I was continually unable to activate Windows 10. I recently purchased a genuine version of Windows 10 from newegg.com because the Microsoft store would not...
  4. Continued Problems Activating

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. The problem continues...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The problem continues...: Check out my other post about my problem to understand what's going on: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-ethernet-on-my-computer-is-just-confusing/61ea3a31-f19d-4ff1-a3a1-8e75d819137a So my problem went away! For about 3 days. Then yesterday,...
  6. Seemingly random Blue Screens. New system. Fresh installed windows, but blue screens continue.

Seemingly random Blue Screens. New system. Fresh installed windows, but blue screens continue.: Just built myself a new system. I carried over my two SSDs and HDD from the previous computer, and began encountering blue screens on the new one. Unable to figure it out and seeing online that Windows doesn't like being carried over from one system to the next, I backed up...
  7. Personalization problem continues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Personalization problem continues: My computer [HP G62 notebook] laptop began with Windows 7 then upgraded to Windows 10 v 1909 x64 last Jan 2020 I use chrome browser as default In personalization, playing colors for fun, chose high contrast setting with inverted colors, it turned all of my desktop...
  8. continuing problems

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    continuing problems: so i have few problams first i caNT USE MY START BUTTON OR RIGHT CLICK nything on the task bar and when i do thge updaTE for windows 10 it make my pc run really hot NS WHEN MY GAME IS ON IT MAKES THE CPU RUN AT 80-95% WHEN ITS SUPPOSED TO RUN MAX 20% NOW I TRIED DOING THE 4...
  9. Windows 10 seemingly random corruption. The fun continues

Windows 10 seemingly random corruption. The fun continues: I've been struggling with a Windows 10 HP Envy desktop for much too long. First post is here. The solution was do download the latest Windows 10 version from Media Creation Tool and install that as an upgrade. The system was then clean according to dism and sfc. Two days...
  10. Firefox continuing problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Firefox continuing problems: *Banghead Hi all. I have posted previously on my problems in respect of Firefox downloading, but not opening. i have just completed my 15th download of Firefox with the same problem still recurring. It downloads, however, it refuses to open. I have always removed everything...