Windows 10: Seems Update 1809 has messed up my keyboard

Discus and support Seems Update 1809 has messed up my keyboard in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi All, I'm running Win 10 on an HP Pavilion. I installed update 1809 just now and now my keyboard is messed up. Some keys are now not working. What is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Advait C, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Advait C Win User

Seems Update 1809 has messed up my keyboard

Hi All, I'm running Win 10 on an HP Pavilion. I installed update 1809 just now and now my keyboard is messed up. Some keys are now not working. What is the best way to fix this? Try to update the keyboard driver? Some other solution?

Anyone else have this issue? Thanks,

I did a google search and didn't find anything helpful.

Feel free to move this to another forum if you feel it's more relevant. Thanks,

:)

Advait C, Oct 8, 2018
  2. WillBthr Win User

Windows 1809 Started the install on Surface Pro 4 but it stopped and the update screen closed by itself.

It started the download of 1809 and I walked away. Came back twenty minutes later and the update page was no longer open. Tried update again and it said it's updated.

It didn't complete the update or state the RESTART NOW.

Update history lists 1809 and states RESTART REQUIRED but since it didn't complete the install restarting does nothing.

So it thinks it's installed the 1809 update but it hasn't. It won't download 1809 again.

ABOUT say's it is 1803.

Suggestions?

WillBthr, Oct 8, 2018
  3. Keyboard messing around.

Hello,

This issue with your keyboard can be due to incompatible or corrupted drivers. The hardware itself can cause performance issue as well. For us to provide you the most appropriate resolution, we would like to know more about your concern. Kindly provide us
    the needed details below:

• Were there any changes made to your laptop prior to this issue such as a recent update or a newly installed software?
    • Aside from uninstalling the keyboard driver, have you tried to update it as well?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the
    Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter
    . This automated tool will check for any known issues related to the devices connected to your PC and resolve it automatically.

If the issue persists, you refer to this
    support article
    to check out other troubleshooting steps to follow to help resolve the concern regarding your keyboard.

Should you need additional assistance, do let us know.

Jennifer Bri, Oct 8, 2018
  4. Seems Update 1809 has messed up my keyboard

Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

Seems Update 1809 has messed up my keyboard

1. Seems Update 1809 has messed up my keyboard - Similar Threads - Seems Update 1809

2. The keyboard is messed up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The keyboard is messed up: KB: I-rocks K60M I don't know because of some problem my computer loses control even when I do nothing, it just stops when I press the key combination Fn+F9, but then some keyboard shortcuts like Ctrl+A ,Copy n Paste... is disabled, maybe I accidentally pressed something that...
  3. My keyboard is messed up!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard is messed up!: Hey,I'm having several issues with my keyboard lately. First of all every time I clicked on microsoft edge for a while, it opened a note that I have on my desktop. When I closed the note my cursor kept selecting it,however it didn't opened again.Now I will be listing the...
  4. My keyboard is messed up!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My keyboard is messed up!: Hey,I'm having several issues with my keyboard lately. First of all every time I clicked on microsoft edge for a while, it opened a note that I have on my desktop. When I closed the note my cursor kept selecting it,however it didn't opened again.Now I will be listing the...
  5. My keyboard is messed up!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Messed up keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Messed up keyboard: so something is wrong with my computer - any time I press the a key it acts as the left arrow key - when I press the w key it acts as the forward arrow key - same thing with my s and d keys to their counterparts?? HELP PLZ!!!...
  7. Update has messed up my computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update has messed up my computer: Can't open start menu, settings or anything like that. The way i display my homescreen has changed completely, internet not working and when i restart my computer nothing changes. i updated my computer last night after being prompted and now I just can't do anything on it....
  8. my keyboard is messed up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my keyboard is messed up: my kid managed to somehow mess up my laptops keyboard. the problem was that when i pressed c it would type in c/, d would d; and etc, now these are all fine exept of e and caps lock shift. /to type e i used copy and paste/ i tried turning the numlk off and it fixed most exept...
  9. Update to 1809 messed up almost everything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update to 1809 messed up almost everything: I've updated a dozen of other computers to 1809 and had no problems. But those were mainly default setups, no advanced users. I thought it's time for me as advanced user to upgrade my Win 10 to 1809. And I did it. Jawww….disaster! :( Upon first reboot, my profile was...
  10. Seems the Update 1809 messed up my keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Seems the Update 1809 messed up my keyboard: Hi All, I'm running Win 10 on an HP Pavilion. It seems Update 1809 has messed up my keyboard. Some keys are now not working. What is the best way to fix this? Try to update the keyboard driver? Some other solution? Anyone else have this issue? Thanks, I did a google search...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update messed up keyboard

2. windows 10 messed up language

3. windows update messed with keyboard

4. windows 10 has messed up my keyboard,
  5. windows 10 version 1809 messed up my japanese keyboard,
  6. recent update messes up keyboard and language,
  7. 1809 update messed up my touchpad,
  8. windows update fucked my keyboard ,
  9. windows update 1809 hp keyboard 7/11/18