Windows 10: Seems Win10 is causing import of .csv to create unexpected reults

Discus and support Seems Win10 is causing import of .csv to create unexpected reults in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have exported a .csv from a G-Sheet with German language setting. In Windows Notepad the exported .csv shows the German Umlauts correctly, like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Frank1100, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Frank1100 Win User

Seems Win10 is causing import of .csv to create unexpected reults

Hi,

• I have exported a .csv from a G-Sheet with German language setting.
    • In Windows Notepad the exported .csv shows the German Umlauts correctly, like for example the letter ö.
    • Now when I open the .csv with a temporarily installed Excel, I didn't install the German language pack for Excel etc., then the German Umlaute letter ö is shown as ö. That I can understand, although why does it need a Language Pack, when Windows can show the German Umlaut already ? Anyways.
    • But when I import the .csv, which is showing the German Umlaut just fine in Notepad, into a German program I am using, it unexpectedly shows the same wrong German Unlaut as in Excel.
    • The German program I'm using, has no other than German Language.
    • I have checked my Windows language settings, and they seem ok with Country or Region set to Germany.

• Who knows why I'm having this trouble and how is it to be solved ?

Regards,

Frank

:)

Frank1100, Jan 11, 2019

2. PC SUITE - can't import messages from .csv

Hi all

Some suggestions to create a correct CSV file for Nokia PC Suite:

• Export your contacts from your old system (e.g. Motorola PC Tools) a file in CSV format
    • Create a contact in Nokia PC Suite
    • File > Export that contact in CSV format
    • Open that file with CVS editor like UltraEdit (www.ultraedit.com FreeTrial) no Excel because it have some problems and open also your file with your real contacts
    • Compare to syntax of first line because the column labels MUST are the same, if you notice difference like "Business phone" (Nokia PC Suite) and "Business ph" (your contact file) you must update the label with the same words of Nokia PC Suite file. IMPORTANT:
      save the same original file (do not change the name!) and close editor
    • Import the file in Nokia PC Suite
    • If you do not mistake will be all ok in another way ... check again!

Get to work!

fastmax---01, Jan 11, 2019
  3. cricfancy Win User
    Import SMS with *.csv to Nokia6288

Hi mccbleue,

Please check this help file from Nokia PC Suite's help as follows :

Importing messages from a text file

You can import messages in the following file formats:

comma-separated values (.csv)

vMessage (.vmg)

multimedia message (.mms)

For more information on how to create the file, see the instructions in your email program. For instructions on how to create the text file in Nokia PC Suite, see Exporting messages to a text file.

To import messages, do the following:

In the Messages view, select File > Import. The Import Messages dialog box opens.

Select the file to import and click Open.

The file is imported to the Messages view.

Tip:

You can also import message files to Nokia PC Suite by dragging them into the message list or message folders.

Note:

With a .csv file, check that the columns in each message entry are in the correct order. For an example, you can export a .csv file from Nokia PC Suite and compare the order of the columns with your import file.

If the import fails, check the displayed error message. Also check the following things and try again:

Check that the file format is correct. For example, an .msg file extension is not allowed.

Check that the separator character used in the .csv file is correct. You can define it in the Regional and Language Options dialog in the Windows Control Panel.

If the help files says its possible i assume it as possible .... Please clarify Seems Win10 is causing import of .csv to create unexpected reults :)

cricfancy, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Seems Win10 is causing import of .csv to create unexpected reults

PC Suite : format of contact import CSV ? is contact import 100% broken, or can it work ?

Hi all

Some suggestions to create a correct CSV file for Nokia PC Suite:

• Export your contacts from your old system (e.g. Motorola PC Tools) a file in CSV format

• Create a contact in Nokia PC Suite

• File > Export that contact in CSV format

• Open that file with CVS editor like UltraEdit (www.ultraedit.com FreeTrial) no Excel because it have some problems and open also
      your file with your real contacts

• Compare to syntax of first line because the column labels MUST are the same, if you notice difference like
      "Business phone" (Nokia PC Suite) and
      "Business ph" (your contact file) you must update the label with the same words of Nokia PC Suite file. IMPORTANT: save the same original file (do not change the name!) and close editor

• Import the file in Nokia PC Suite

• If you do not mistake will be all ok in another way ... check again!
    Get to work!

fastmax---01, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Seems Win10 is causing import of .csv to create unexpected reults

1. Seems Win10 is causing import of .csv to create unexpected reults - Similar Threads - Seems Win10 causing

2. Azure synapse serverless sql pool create external table from csv file, but csv contain wrap.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Azure synapse serverless sql pool create external table from csv file, but csv contain wrap.: Hi,I want to create a external table in synapse serverlesss database , the data souce from storge csv file. for this csv file have some wrap in a column caused a error while load data, error message: Bulk load data conversion error type mismatch or invalid character for the...
  3. Create csv file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Create csv file: How do I create a csv file from, my contacts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-csv-file/5f2fe32c-02eb-4a33-8f07-ff325c25e4a1
  4. Win10 restarted unexpectedly!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 restarted unexpectedly!: Win10 restarted unexpectedly! any time . Special thanks submitted by /u/Nikhil4ucoc [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jpq10n/win10_restarted_unexpectedly/
  5. exporting contacts from gmail to csv file then importing the .csv file to outlook

exporting contacts from gmail to csv file then importing the .csv file to outlook: I have a dell 15-3567 win 10 OS and Outlook 2019 I am trying to exporting contacts from gmail to a csv file on my desktopwhich I have done sucessfully, then importing the .csv file into outlook. to use in outlook E-mail in Outlook 2019 ,when I choose file, open &...
  6. how to import contact csv file into live mail

how to import contact csv file into live mail: How do I import contacts csv file into Windows Live Mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-import-contact-csv-file-into-live-mail/f0dd966c-0a74-4a2a-b564-8d96d1424568
  7. Importing contacts to Mail app using .csv file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Importing contacts to Mail app using .csv file: I have 3 questions regarding issues I'm having with Windows 10 Mail. (1) When typing a particular contact's name (same for several actually) within an email, two or more options pop-up. One of them is correct and the other options are totally wrong - i.e. not any contacts...
  8. Windows Mail/People import CSV file

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Mail/People import CSV file: I see some articles here that must be using a different Windows Mail, because mine does not look like what they say. In 'About' mine says version 16005.10827.20137.0. Is that the correct one?? If so, can I import contacts?...
  9. I canot create a CSV file out of contacts?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I canot create a CSV file out of contacts?: I am try to transfer contacts from Windows phone to android via outlook - but I am struggle to create a CSV file out of it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_people/i-canot-create-a-csv-file-out-of-contacts/e42bd4ed-5e52-4bc0-b9d8-67ce2406365f
  10. Trouble importing csv file to Live Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Trouble importing csv file to Live Mail: I have tried to import a csv & a vcf file into Live Mail. I get a message that the vcf file isn't correct & I get only the A's & B's imported with the csv file. All of the contacts are in Excel when I open it. I have a little over 200 contacts. Anyone know what I can do? 42619