Windows 10: Segoe UI Fluent Icons and/or segmdl2 font files are broken/corrupted

Discus and support Segoe UI Fluent Icons and/or segmdl2 font files are broken/corrupted in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So, on Windows 10, I replaced some of the fonts to get the new fluent icons:However, after I recently upgraded to Windows 11, I've noticed a lot of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Luna Lometta, Aug 21, 2022.

1. Segoe UI Fluent Icons and/or segmdl2 font files are broken/corrupted

So, on Windows 10, I replaced some of the fonts to get the new fluent icons:However, after I recently upgraded to Windows 11, I've noticed a lot of icons started showing as blank squares:Task Manager buttonsDo Not Disturb icon on notification panel and notification panelTo fix it I tried a few methods, including sfc, DISM.exe, and Restore Default Font Settings from the Fonts Control Panel, but none of them fixed this issue.Any help is appreciated.P.S. I also tried to delete the fonts hoping Windows will reinstall them but I cannot delete them via Explorer since they're "opened in System".

:)

Luna Lometta, Aug 21, 2022

2. How to open Segoe UI Fluent Icons

You can use the icons by typing the Unicode number and pressing Alt+X (e.g for the emoji, you need to type e76e and press Alt+X), if you receive a white box it means that the Word doesn’t know what font to use. In that case, you need to select the box and then select the font Segoe Fluent Icons.

Another option is to click on Insert > Symbols > More Symbols… On the top left, click the “Font:” dropdown menu and select “Segoe MLD2 Assets”. Double-click the symbol you want.

You can see more details at these links.

https://office-watch.com/2021/segoe-fluent-icon...

https://gzipwtf.com/how-do-you-type-the-segoe-u...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products).

RobinsonSilvestre, Aug 21, 2022
  3. How to open Segoe UI Fluent Icons

Hi, I'm Robinson, and I’m happy to help you today.

I know how frustrating this may be for you but I'll do my very best to help you.

You can see at this link how to use the Segoe Fluent Icons font and the list of each icon along with its Unicode value and descriptive name.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/apps/d...

RobinsonSilvestre, Aug 21, 2022
  4. Segoe UI Fluent Icons and/or segmdl2 font files are broken/corrupted

How to open Segoe UI Fluent Icons

Hi

I want use Segoe UI Fluent Icons, i download .ttf file from here. I don't know how to use them. In previev it displays like a normal text. In Word when i click random key with this font there appears one rectangle with blank middle.

Sorry for bad english, because i'm not very good at english.

...szymon..., Aug 21, 2022
Thema:

Segoe UI Fluent Icons and/or segmdl2 font files are broken/corrupted

1. Segoe UI Fluent Icons and/or segmdl2 font files are broken/corrupted - Similar Threads - Segoe Fluent Icons

2. Segoe UI Symbol Font is corrupt and I cannot fix it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Segoe UI Symbol Font is corrupt and I cannot fix it: Hi, I recently tried to change the default font of windows a few days ago. I changed the font but noticed that most symbols no longer show correctly. After running the sfc scan it claims to have fixed the problem but nothing has changed. I tried finding some way to reinstall...
  3. Segoe UI Symbol Font is corrupt and I cannot fix it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Segoe UI Symbol Font is corrupt and I cannot fix it: Hi, I recently tried to change the default font of windows a few days ago. I changed the font but noticed that most symbols no longer show correctly. After running the sfc scan it claims to have fixed the problem but nothing has changed. I tried finding some way to reinstall...
  4. Segoe UI Symbol Font is corrupt and I cannot fix it

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Segoe UI Fluent Icons and/or segmdl2 font files are broken/corrupted

Segoe UI Fluent Icons and/or segmdl2 font files are broken/corrupted: So, on Windows 10, I replaced some of the fonts to get the new fluent icons:However, after I recently upgraded to Windows 11, I've noticed a lot of icons started showing as blank squares:Task Manager buttonsDo Not Disturb icon on notification panel and notification panelTo...
  6. How to open Segoe UI Fluent Icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to open Segoe UI Fluent Icons: HiI want use Segoe UI Fluent Icons, i download .ttf file from here. I don't know how to use them. In previev it displays like a normal text. In Word when i click random key with this font there appears one rectangle with blank middle.Sorry for bad english, because i'm not...
  7. How to open Segoe UI Fluent Icons

How to open Segoe UI Fluent Icons: HiI want use Segoe UI Fluent Icons, i download .ttf file from here. I don't know how to use them. In previev it displays like a normal text. In Word when i click random key with this font there appears one rectangle with blank middle.Sorry for bad english, because i'm not...
  8. Windows 7 Segoe UI Font Family Font

Windows 7 Segoe UI Font Family Font: Hey, I want to know how to download the Windows 7 Segoe UI fontfamily. I just want to know the download link here. Purpose is for: SevenTheme JB Carreon 177552
  9. Segoe UI Semibold font bug?

Segoe UI Semibold font bug?: Hi, I came across the following irregularity in the Segoe UI Semibold font: [ATTACH] Only in 11pt the dots in i and j are not at the same height. Has this been fixed? Is there a newer version of the font? Thanks!...
  10. Missing Segoe UI Font

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Segoe UI Font: I was messing around with a program called Weinaero Tweaker, which lets you change elements of Windows UI like the color of title bars and the size of fonts etc. Anyway I tried using a couple of different fonts as my system font with the tool, and then decided to just go back...