Windows 10: Select a certificate for authentication pop up

Discus and support Select a certificate for authentication pop up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I'm new here, I am looking for a solution for the attached pop up: [img] I keep cancelling and it keeps coming back every few hours... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sam22, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Sam22 Win User

Select a certificate for authentication pop up

Hello everyone, I'm new here, I am looking for a solution for the attached pop up:

Select a certificate for authentication pop up [​IMG]

I keep cancelling and it keeps coming back every few hours and even appears to block internet access. In case the attachment is not visible it says:

Windows Security
    Select a certificate for authentication
    Server: go.trouter.skype
    APNS certificate Direct
    Issuer: Apple iPhone Device CA
    Valid From: 29/08/2020 to 29/082021

Running W10 version 2004 (OS Build 19041.450)

The only recent change was installing iTunes and using the iTunes library from my previous PC, but I have no idea, I cant find this certificate to delete so any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks, Sam

:)

Sam22, Sep 3, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

#AzureAD Certificate Based Authentication is Generally Available!

Source: #AzureAD Certificate Based Authentication is Generally Available! Enterprise Mobility and Security Blog

Brink, Sep 3, 2020
  3. John Zab Win User
    IE 11- The "Select a Certificate" pop-up

Hi,

For us to further isolate the issue regarding the Select a Certificate pop-up, we'd like to ask you a few questions:

• Did you make any change or update before the issue?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting so far?
    We look forward to your response.

John Zab, Sep 3, 2020
  4. Select a certificate for authentication pop up

E61 WEP Certificate Authentication

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I know there is a WEP setting, but it asks for either a 64 or 128 bit WEP Key, I dont have a WEP Key but a certificate instead which authenticates the user on a domain.

The 802.1x authentication (in Windows) can have either WEP, EAP etc modes and the user is authenticated with a certificate.

Nokia E61 does not provide WEP WPA Mode only EAP and Pre-shared key.

Any other suggestions, ideas will be much appreciated.

Mohamad_Vajid, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

Select a certificate for authentication pop up

1. Select a certificate for authentication pop up - Similar Threads - Select certificate authentication

2. Cannot login with a ID card - not prompted for selection of authentication certificate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot login with a ID card - not prompted for selection of authentication certificate: For accessing several government websites, I need to authenticate myself with my ID card and the PIN of the ID card. To do this, I connect a cardreader to the PC Win 10 and then I should be prompted to select my authentication certificate. This worked in the past, but is no...
  3. Cannot login with a ID card - not prompted for selection of authentication certificate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot login with a ID card - not prompted for selection of authentication certificate: For accessing several government websites, I need to authenticate myself with my ID card and the PIN of the ID card. To do this, I connect a cardreader to the PC Win 10 and then I should be prompted to select my authentication certificate. This worked in the past, but is no...
  4. Cannot login with a ID card - not prompted for selection of authentication certificate

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Smartcard authentication window keeps popping up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Smartcard authentication window keeps popping up.: I need a smartcard for work to sign into certain websites, BUT I do NOT need it to log into windows. When I am not using the card for those websites, the smartcard authentication window keeps popping up throughout the day. It doesn't have focus I can send it to the back so it...
  6. Smartcard authentication window keeps popping up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Smartcard authentication window keeps popping up.: I need a smartcard for work to sign into certain websites, BUT I do NOT need it to log into windows. When I am not using the card for those websites, the smartcard authentication window keeps popping up throughout the day. It doesn't have focus I can send it to the back so it...
  7. Smartcard authentication window keeps popping up.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. Annoying pop up notification "expired certificate" messages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Annoying pop up notification "expired certificate" messages: I have Bitdefender Internet Security installed on my desktop. I keep getting the following notification nearly every time I access the internet with Microsoft Edge browser. msedge.exe attempted to establish a connection relying on an expired certificate to...
  9. Annoying pop up notification "expired certificate" messages

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Annoying pop up notification "expired certificate" messages: I have Bitdefender Internet Security installed on my desktop. I keep getting the following notification nearly every time I access the internet with Microsoft Edge browser. msedge.exe attempted to establish a connection relying on an expired certificate to...
  10. No WiFi selection popping up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No WiFi selection popping up: I currently just got a brand new gaming computer set up but i’m not able to connect it to my wifi. Its only giving me the option to connect by ethernet, which i do not have. Any kind of help is appreciated...