Windows 10: “Select account” BSOD but no accounts to choose from

Discus and support “Select account” BSOD but no accounts to choose from in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I went to restart my Windows Pc after deleteing some files to make room for storage I think I may have accidently deleted a sysytem file but it says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JeremyDalessio, Jun 17, 2020.

1. “Select account” BSOD but no accounts to choose from

I went to restart my Windows Pc after deleteing some files to make room for storage I think I may have accidently deleted a sysytem file but it says “Select account” But there are no accounts to choose from and under that it says “You need to sign in as an administrator, but there aren’t any administrator accounts on this PC.” And at the bottom it says “Forgot your password or dont’t see your account?” Then when I click that it says reset PC and that just brings me back to the screen again what do I do to fix this?

:)

JeremyDalessio, Jun 17, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jun 17, 2020
  3. digibucc Win User
    Google account and old smartphone

you can't. once it is registered to an account it stays on that account, however if you turned off sync and removed the account from the phone, it will never sync to it.

digibucc, Jun 17, 2020
  4. Zakin Win User

“Select account” BSOD but no accounts to choose from

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown “Select account” BSOD but no accounts to choose from :(

Zakin, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

“Select account” BSOD but no accounts to choose from

1. “Select account” BSOD but no accounts to choose from - Similar Threads - “Select account” BSOD

2. About " Choose an account to continue"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About " Choose an account to continue": My desktop got blue screen so I try everything to make it normal, when I reset it always got about 20%-30% and failed, using safe mode can't make it better also because always got "dignosing your PC" . So after all that I try to use command prompt but I can't enter my...
  3. About " Choose an account to continue"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About " Choose an account to continue": My desktop got blue screen so I try everything to make it normal, when I reset it always got about 20%-30% and failed, using safe mode can't make it better also because always got "dignosing your PC" . So after all that I try to use command prompt but I can't enter my...
  4. My PC is stuck on a select account BSOD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC is stuck on a select account BSOD.: Hi guys, so my randomly when I switched on my PC it marked up preparing automatic repair at the bottom of the windows logo.Then it sent me to a blue screen that marked select account and it had my administrative account and when I try to sign into it it says that the password...
  5. My PC is stuck on a select account BSOD.

My PC is stuck on a select account BSOD.: Hi guys, so my randomly when I switched on my PC it marked up preparing automatic repair at the bottom of the windows logo.Then it sent me to a blue screen that marked select account and it had my administrative account and when I try to sign into it it says that the password...
  6. My PC is stuck on a select account BSOD.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Choose an account to continue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Choose an account to continue: When I try to do anything from the blue troubleshoot menu idk what it's called it asks me to sign in but whatever password I try or reset it still doesn't work. Am I doing something wrong?...
  8. Choose an account to continue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Choose an account to continue: When I try to do anything from the blue troubleshoot menu idk what it's called it asks me to sign in but whatever password I try or reset it still doesn't work. Am I doing something wrong?...
  9. Choose an account to continue

10. Account selection at startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Account selection at startup: I have a fresh install of windows 10 and 2 accounts with admin privilege and no password for both. When I start or reboot the computer, it automatically logins to the last account I was using before the reboot or shutdown. How do I make it so that when I reboot or startup...