Windows 10: Select Account Recovery Option

Discus and support Select Account Recovery Option in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, i've been trying to reset my gaming laptop for a while now but nothing has worked and ive finally been hit with a screen that says 'Select Account,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sleepercivic, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Select Account Recovery Option

Hi, i've been trying to reset my gaming laptop for a while now but nothing has worked and ive finally been hit with a screen that says 'Select Account, you need to sign in as a administrator to continue, but there aren't any administrator account on this PC.' On the bottom of my screen it says 'forget your password or dont see you account?' It then tells me to restart to try to make my account to pop up but whenever I do the same screen pops up every time. Help?

:)

Sleepercivic, Aug 27, 2019

2. Recovery and account

Hi Sarang,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

I understand that you have upgraded to Windows again after performing reset.

Have you tried to restart the system again to check whether the Windows 10 is downgraded to previous version?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

As the Windows 10 creates the new user account automatically, I suggest you to run the Microsoft account troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Refer to the following link to download and run the
    Microsoft Account troubleshooter:

Microsoft Account Troubleshooter

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/microsoftaccounts.diagcab

Step 2:

As you have linked your Microsoft account in Windows 10, I suggest you to switch back to the local account if you wish.

How to switch to a local account from Microsoft account.

• Press “Windows + I” keys to open settings (When you get the error “Critical error-start menu and Cortana not working”).

• Select Accounts.

• On the right side, it will show your current account with an option "Switch to a local account”.

• Select “switch to a local account” and follow the steps to switch your Microsoft account into a local account. Once this is done your Microsoft account is safe and not linked with that computer anymore.
    Note:

• You may not delete the recovery drive, as it will help you to recover the Windows in future if the Windows is not working properly.

• If you are using Microsoft account to login to Windows 10, there is no option to disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password. If you are using Local account to login to Windows 10, you can
      disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password.
    Reference: Please refer to the below article and check if it helps.

Recovery options in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Aug 27, 2019
  3. Microsoft account Sign in option under user account is not working

Hi NAvneet.

Many thanks for your help. But this didn't work.

Should I try the below procedure. Someone has suggested this method to similar query in other thread. Pls suggest:

Please follow the steps to enable the build in administrator and check if it helps:

• Use the power button on the sign-in screen to Shift+Restart. This will take you to the recovery boot menu.
    • Click Troubleshoot, Advanced options, Startup settings. When given the choice of startup options, try booting the PC in
      Safe Mode with Command Prompt. If you can’t get there, skip to the next major step.
      • If you can get to a CMD window, enable the built-in administrator account:

net user administrator /active:yes
      • Then restart and sign-in as the Administrator account.
      • Once in the Administrator account, open Regedit
        and go to the following key:

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\IdentityCRL\StoredIdentities
      • Save a backup of the key: Export the StoredIdentities key to a .REG file on the desktop.
      • Then continue with step 4 below.
    • Use boot media to access the recovery command prompt.
      • Start Regedit.
      • Select the HKEY_USERS key.
      • Click File, Load Hive. and go up in the file system to This PC. Then browse to this file and then click Open:

C:\Windows\System32\config\DEFAULT
      • When prompted, name it “def”
      • Select this key:

HKEY_USERS\def\Software\Microsoft\IdentityCRL\StoredIdentities
      • Save a backup of the key: Export the StoredIdentities key to a .REG file on the C:\ drive.
    • Find the subkey under StoredIdentities that matches the name of the Microsoft Account.
    • Delete the key.
    • If you loaded the offline registry hive, go back up in the tree on the left and select “def”. Then click File,
      Unload hive. This option will only be available if “def” is selected.
    • Restart the PC and test sign-in.
    • Once done, you may need to Verify the account in Settings, Accounts in order for it to be fully usable in Windows again.
    • If you used the built-in Administrator account to resolve the issue, please return it to the default disabled state to help keep the Computer secure. To do so follow the steps:
      net user administrator /active:no
    Please create a new administrator account using the Microsoft Account and check.

Shobhitjain2005, Aug 27, 2019
  4. Select Account Recovery Option

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

Select Account Recovery Option

1. Select Account Recovery Option - Similar Threads - Select Account Recovery

2. Simple Certificate Selection Option

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Simple Certificate Selection Option: Hello All,We are testing a new Windows NPS setup. We are using Certificate Auth for company owned computers. All domain joined PCs are receiving a certificate from our internal CA server via a GPO.I'm testing using 2 laptops *one Lenovo T480 and one T480s. The issue I seem to...
  3. I am stuck at "Select account" there is no option for Advanced options.. How to fix this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am stuck at "Select account" there is no option for Advanced options.. How to fix this...: There is no option for ADVANCED OPTIONS....How can I resolve this issue?And one more thing PC not booting from FLASH Drive...There is no option for ADVANCED OPTIONS....How can I resolve this issue?Please someone suggest me......
  4. I am stuck at "Select account" there is no option for Advanced options.. How to fix this...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am stuck at "Select account" there is no option for Advanced options.. How to fix this...: There is no option for ADVANCED OPTIONS....How can I resolve this issue?And one more thing PC not booting from FLASH Drive...There is no option for ADVANCED OPTIONS....How can I resolve this issue?Please someone suggest me......
  5. I am stuck at "Select account" there is no option for Advanced options.. How to fix this...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. selecting last option in menus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    selecting last option in menus: I'm aware that someone already has asked this however in that thread there was no concussion or fix for the problem.In any New system menu or in the photos app the last option in the menu is selected and cannot be unselected.here is the last thread...
  7. selecting last option in menus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    selecting last option in menus: I'm aware that someone already has asked this however in that thread there was no concussion or fix for the problem.In any New system menu or in the photos app the last option in the menu is selected and cannot be unselected.here is the last thread...
  8. No option to save BitLocker recovery key to Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No option to save BitLocker recovery key to Microsoft account: On my Surface Pro X tablet I'm unable to back up my BitLocker recovery key to my Microsoft Account - there is no option for this function. What do I need to do to enable it? [ATTACH] I don't seem to be joined to a domain / I have no work our school accounts on this...
  9. Windows 10 Recovery screen is not allowing me to select any options

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Recovery screen is not allowing me to select any options: I have been experiencing a problem with the PC booting to Windows 10. Mouse pointer and spinning circle on a blank screen. I came across another post and a number of solutions - one was to get the PC to enter Recovery mode by restarting three times. I have done this and...
  10. Firefox Accounts offer recovery key option

in Windows 10 News
    Firefox Accounts offer recovery key option: Firefox Accounts help you get more out of your Firefox experience. With a Firefox Account, you can get all your bookmarks, passwords, open tabs and more — everywhere you use Firefox. Working on your desktop, browsing on your couch with a tablet, out and about in the world on...