Windows 10: Select All / None - in Windows 10 Photos app

Discus and support Select All / None - in Windows 10 Photos app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there, unluckily this post is locked for new replies, so I'm asking the question again: Is it still impossible in the windows photos app to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Benjamin.Gehm, May 6, 2019.

1. Select All / None - in Windows 10 Photos app

Hi there,

unluckily this post is locked for new replies, so I'm asking the question again:

Is it still impossible in the windows photos app to select all pictures in the current view / search results?

Select All / None - in Windows 10 Photos app [​IMG]

I used the face recognition - which is a great feature - an now want to create an album with all picures of my son and copy all of his pictures to one temp folder to burn a backup on a blur-ay disc.

Navigating to people and then to my son gives me all the pictures, but "Select all" is only available per group / day. It takes quite some time to klick "Select all" for each group, I have a lot of pictures...

Best

Benjamin

:)

Benjamin.Gehm, May 6, 2019

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, May 6, 2019
  3. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, May 6, 2019
  4. Select All / None - in Windows 10 Photos app

Windows 10 Photos App

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will assist you in solving the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1:
    Follow the below steps to update apps from store.

• Open Windows store.
    • Click on the sign in icon next to the search option.
    • Select the option download & update.
    • Click on the check for the updates.

Method 2:
    I would recommend you to uninstall the Photo app using Windows PowerShell command and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.
      • get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Photo app from the Windows store.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Photos app for Windows help.

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 6, 2019
Thema:

Select All / None - in Windows 10 Photos app

1. Select All / None - in Windows 10 Photos app - Similar Threads - Select None Photos

2. Windows Photos new not showing all photos in my case was showing none - CAUSE IDENTIFIED !!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Photos new not showing all photos in my case was showing none - CAUSE IDENTIFIED !!!: I have reporting this issue many times over many months with absolutely NO feedback from Microsoft, ever since the lauch of the new Photo App. ISSUE:The new Photo App since its launch does not show ANY photographs on one of my PCs whilst they are there in the Photos Library...
  3. Windows Photos new not showing all photos in my case was showing none - CAUSE IDENTIFIED !!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Photos new not showing all photos in my case was showing none - CAUSE IDENTIFIED !!!: I have reporting this issue many times over many months with absolutely NO feedback from Microsoft, ever since the lauch of the new Photo App. ISSUE:The new Photo App since its launch does not show ANY photographs on one of my PCs whilst they are there in the Photos Library...
  4. Photos app doesn't show all photos when a network storage is selected as the source

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos app doesn't show all photos when a network storage is selected as the source: Hello,For years I had all my .jpg photos on an external hard drive and also choose the main folder on this external hard disk as the source folder in the photos app. That also works, after some time the photos app found all photos and everything was fine.But then I decided to...
  5. Photos app doesn't show all photos when a network storage is selected as the source

Photos app doesn't show all photos when a network storage is selected as the source: Hello,For years I had all my .jpg photos on an external hard drive and also choose the main folder on this external hard disk as the source folder in the photos app. That also works, after some time the photos app found all photos and everything was fine.But then I decided to...
  6. "Photos" app shows all pictures in selected folders; "Pictures" library shows...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Photos" app shows all pictures in selected folders; "Pictures" library shows...: I want my Pictures library to show me all of my pictures. I assume that's part of the point of the library. When I go into the Library and add my folders, it adds the entire folder and everything in it. On a previous topic, one user suggested clicking "Optimize for...
  7. Photo app crashes while selecting photos

Photo app crashes while selecting photos: I am having problems uploading photos unless I manually delete the previous photos. I used to have the option under "Import Settings" to automatically delete items from device after download; I just had to check that option. Now, I don't have that option; the only options I...
  8. Windows 10 photo app - how to select all photos in video slideshow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 photo app - how to select all photos in video slideshow: Windows 10 photo app - how to select all photos in video slideshow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-photo-app-how-to-select-all-photos-in/b205bbb7-b685-4a6f-ae78-83f77d98b91f
  9. select ALL in Mail app?

in Browsers and Email
    select ALL in Mail app?: Does anyone know how to select ALL and have all boxes ticked for filing or deleting? 22204
  10. win 10 photo app/selective focus

win 10 photo app/selective focus: what does the selective focus do in the win 10 photo app ? I can't get it to do anything 16884

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to select all in windows 10 photo app