Windows 10: Select An App To Open This .exe File

Discus and support Select An App To Open This .exe File in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi So Today I was going to play csgo and when i launched it from steam i got this error, Anyone Knows How To Fix It?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by L1_Is_A_W, Apr 20, 2023.

1. L1_Is_A_W Win User

Select An App To Open This .exe File

Hi So Today I was going to play csgo and when i launched it from steam i got this error, Anyone Knows How To Fix It?

:)

L1_Is_A_W, Apr 20, 2023
  2. erocker Win User

Exe file slow to open

A SFX archive isn't going to open right away. The files have to be extracted first. When you are opening it in WinRar, it's not extracting the file, it's just reading it which is why it opens right away.

erocker, Apr 20, 2023
  3. App to open .c6e0ec and .e8d549184 files

Hi Hitkary,

It seems that there is no default app set to open these kind of files. Can you still recall the type of app or program that opens this kind of file?

For us to isolate this issue, we suggest assigning a default app or program to open it. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings and click System.
    • Click Default apps.
    • At the bottom, click Choose default apps by file type.
    • Scroll down and look for the .e8d549184 file.
    • Once found, click the + sign on the right and select the app you want to use.

Once you've successfully set the default app, try opening the file again and let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 20, 2023
  4. Select An App To Open This .exe File

cannot open .exe files

I was trying to make change to .exe files and followed directions from a website as to how to do that. I think I changed something in registry and now nothing to do with windows will open without having the message to choose an app to open these files
    and there is nothing listed that will do so. Even Outlook and Chrome won't open as I get the same message about selecting an app to open them. I tried system restore, but it says I need a password and I don't have one for it.

Linda Trussell Davis, Apr 20, 2023
Thema:

Select An App To Open This .exe File

1. Select An App To Open This .exe File - Similar Threads - Select App Open

2. Membuka file/apk .exe muncul select an app to open this .exe file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Membuka file/apk .exe muncul select an app to open this .exe file: Saya tidak sengaja mensetting default open file exe saya ke adobe acrobat aplikasi saya semua berubah icon menjadi adobe acrobat,saya menghapus adobe acrobat saya dan file exe dilaptop saya saat membuka file/apk .exe muncul select an app to open this .exe file...
  3. Membuka file/apk .exe muncul select an app to open this .exe file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Membuka file/apk .exe muncul select an app to open this .exe file: Saya tidak sengaja mensetting default open file exe saya ke adobe acrobat aplikasi saya semua berubah icon menjadi adobe acrobat,saya menghapus adobe acrobat saya dan file exe dilaptop saya saat membuka file/apk .exe muncul select an app to open this .exe file...
  4. Select An App To Open This .exe File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Select An App To Open This .exe File: Hi So Today I was going to play csgo and when i launched it from steam i got this error, Anyone Knows How To Fix It? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/select-an-app-to-open-this-exe-file/7412963b-bad4-4030-97a5-e2670ce98ec9
  5. Whenever I open any app/.exe file I see this error 'Select an app to open this .exe file'....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I open any app/.exe file I see this error 'Select an app to open this .exe file'....: Whenever I open any app/.exe file I see this error 'Select an app to open this .exe file'. I am unable to open regedit, PowerShell, etc. Please assist...
  6. Whenever I open any app/.exe file I see this error 'Select an app to open this .exe file'....

Whenever I open any app/.exe file I see this error 'Select an app to open this .exe file'....: Whenever I open any app/.exe file I see this error 'Select an app to open this .exe file'. I am unable to open regedit, PowerShell, etc. Please assist...
  7. Can not select exe file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not select exe file: Hi, I have an app called opentrack, which is basically a head tracking app. I want to connect it to a game but to do that I have to tell the app where the exe file is. So after changing a lot of permissions I found the app's exe location but when I select it, it gives me the...
  8. Can not select exe file

Can not select exe file: Hi, I have an app called opentrack, which is basically a head tracking app. I want to connect it to a game but to do that I have to tell the app where the exe file is. So after changing a lot of permissions I found the app's exe location but when I select it, it gives me the...
  9. .exe files and some apps wont open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    .exe files and some apps wont open: suddenly from yesterday some of my apps wont open .Spotify app is not opening, zoom and skype tooI tried uninstalling some recent apps that I had installed but uninstall was not working even control panel wasn't opening i opened safe mode and control panel and remove a...
  10. .exe files and some apps wont open

.exe files and some apps wont open: suddenly from yesterday some of my apps wont open .Spotify app is not opening, zoom and skype tooI tried uninstalling some recent apps that I had installed but uninstall was not working even control panel wasn't opening i opened safe mode and control panel and remove a...