Windows 10: Select app location after windows 10 clean install

Discus and support Select app location after windows 10 clean install in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello all, After having a LOT of problems my windows 10, I desided to do a clean install. My Forza horizon 3 was installed on my hdd, windows on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by renslmf23, Jan 27, 2018.

1. renslmf23 Win User

Select app location after windows 10 clean install

Hello all,

After having a LOT of problems my windows 10, I desided to do a clean install. My Forza horizon 3 was installed on my hdd, windows on my ssd. I know forza is still installed, since I can browse the game files. When I reselect the install location for apps, it askes me to delete all the apps on my hdd. Reinstalling is really not an option here with 150 kilobit/s ethernet... (Downloading in first place took 3 weeks *Eek). I really want to play, is there any way to do it?

Kind regards,

Rens van Breukelen

:)

renslmf23, Jan 27, 2018
  2. n05033 Win User

3D Builder loaded; but objects not shown

hi;

thanks for your reply.

I did run troubleshooter, which gave only suggestion to move temporary files location; which I did not accept. in my earlier experience when I accepted that suggestion one of the other program depended on that folder location did not worked properly.

I made the clean install of windows 10 version 1511 via media installation tool.

Before that I had clean install of windows 10 version 1204 via media installation tool; in that version also the app. did not load the object. but then the windows store had the latest version of the app.; which when installed used to work properly.

but after clean install of windows 10 version 1511; the version of 3d builder installed and the version offered on windows store is the same; even then I reinstalled the app. from the store; but app. still does not load object.

looking forward to yours further guidance.

with regards

thanks

n05033, Jan 27, 2018
  3. Ryan Pag Win User
    FH3 and GOW4 0x80073cf9

Lets try this alternative, select where your new Windows Store apps will be installed and save data to by default instead of on the Windows drive.

Windows 10 will only install new apps to the currently selected location. Existing apps do not get moved to the new location. If you want your existing apps installed to the new location as well, then you could uninstall and install them again to the new
    location. Note that you will lose the existing data for the app by doing this.

Follow below steps to change the default location:

• Click Windows icon, select Settings, then choose
      System.
    • On the left side, click Storage. Under Save locations, select the drive you want the
      New apps to be saved.
    • You can close Settings when finished.
    Note: The default location is This PC for the Windows C: drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Ryan Pag, Jan 27, 2018
  4. Kari Win User

That you can browse the game folder does not mean that the game is still installed. After a clean install you must reinstall all your software.

Thema:

1. Select app location after windows 10 clean install - Similar Threads - Select app location

2. Windows 10 Activation after clean install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Activation after clean install: Hi, i've just done a clean install of Windows 10, and im using the old key that i had but now it's giving me error code 0x803f7001. According to the FAQ it means that the key doesnt exist but that's weird because it did activate before? Not sure how i can solve this....
  3. Windows 10 Activation after clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Activation after clean install: Hi, i've just done a clean install of Windows 10, and im using the old key that i had but now it's giving me error code 0x803f7001. According to the FAQ it means that the key doesnt exist but that's weird because it did activate before? Not sure how i can solve this....
  4. Reactivation after a clean install of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivation after a clean install of Windows 10: I have plans of a fresh install of Windows 10 on my PC as it has slowed down over time. My laptop had come with Windows 10 installed and activated out of the box. Should I buy another key to activate Windows 10? I read some articles on the internet and learnt that the...
  5. All Apps very slow after clean install of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All Apps very slow after clean install of Windows 10: I replaced the Harddrive in my laptop with an SSD, installed a fresh copy of windows 10. There are no apps / programs installed, Microsoft Edge is extremely slow. I downloaded Google, Firefox, this is the same. I carried out another clean install, incase something got...
  6. Windows Store is selective with it's download install locations

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store is selective with it's download install locations: I bought the Xbox pass, and i'm trying to install my games onto my D: drive. For some bizarre reason, Windows store selectively decides that some games can and others cannot be installed to certain drives. I've tried changing where my apps are saved to in storage with no...
  7. Crash after clean install of windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crash after clean install of windows 10: Hey guys any help would be much appreciated Recently had some BSOD drama and was unable to log back in, I have my OS on its own drive so I did a fresh reinstall of windows 10 2 days ago. I just had a crash for the first time, system service exception. I was hoping someone...
  8. No sound on windows 10 after clean install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound on windows 10 after clean install: A few months ago I wiped the computer hard drives clean and reinstalled windows 10. After the new install the external computer speakers will not work. I know they work with windows 10 as they did before the clean install which was 10. The speakers work just fine when...
  9. Windows 10 freezing after clean install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezing after clean install: Hi, my computer keeps freezing even after a clean install on a SSD drive, mainly while using the edge browser. I did a full reset and still it froze while watching Mission Impossible trailer. nb. I have no third party software installed. The system a simple standard...
  10. Downgrading after clean Install of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downgrading after clean Install of windows 10: Hey So I did a clean install of windows 10 because my computer was running slow, but now I would like to downgrade back to windows and I don't have the "windows.old" because of the clean install. Could someone please help me figure out a way to downgrade to my old...