Windows 10: Select Bar jumps to the top of everything

Discus and support Select Bar jumps to the top of everything in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 Series, where I have encountered a seriously annoying problem. Whenever I try to select something mainly in File... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Rudrarka Nath, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Select Bar jumps to the top of everything

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 Series, where I have encountered a seriously annoying problem. Whenever I try to select something mainly in File Explorer, but happens anywhere there is a choice, it even happens in the Start Menu, the "select" bar the blue bar "jumps" to the top of the page, and selects the first option. So I can't even open a folder or a file, without opening another one. This PC has been about on the shelf with no use for about a year. When I opened it again after a year, I saw that the updates, wont install, I used the troubleshoot, and it said that the Update Installer and been corrupted, and couldn't fix the problem. I reinstalled Windows 10 on the PC, using the "Windows 10 Update Assistant", this did fix the problem, but temporarily, and the problems would reappear, and I would have to reuse the "Windows 10 Update Assistant". My in-built keyboard doesn't work and I use an external keyboard to function. Also, with all these I had a lot of choice and none of them worked:

1. Troubleshoot - I used almost all the troubleshooting option the "Troubleshoot" bar had to offer, yet none of them worked

2. Try to fix device drivers - Yes, I tried to remove, and update all the drivers, but to no effect.

3. System Restore - I used System Restore to go back to the earliest version I could go to, but it had no effect

4. Try to "fix" the keyboard - I blowed air into the up arrow keyboard, to try and blow away dust that might have accumulated, but still didn't work

5. Factory Reset the PC - This was an option, I wish I could undo. As a possible solution, I completely reset the PC back to factory default, wiping the memory completely, using the option which stated 'do this if you want to recycle or give away the PC'. When it completed, The screen said, "We have reset your PC, but we couldn't delete all your items". I knew the problem won't go. When I started the PC, after the Reset, it asked me for the location. I tried to select India where I live, but it would instantly scroll up and select the first option "Afghanistan". Now I knew I was screwed, I tried everything, but to no avail. Finally I turned on a backup computer, where I am writing this question.

Please inform me if I can get rid of this really annoying bug or glitch.

:)

Rudrarka Nath, Mar 16, 2020
  2. mferg82 Win User

Scroll bar jumping to top

I'm having an issue regarding the scroll bar automatically jumping to the top of the folder I'm in.

When I right click and set a desktop background, for example, the scroll bar jumps to the top of the folder. It won't stay put. Meaning I have to scroll all the way back down each time.

I'm sure it's a simple fix, and I'm just missing something?

Thanks

mferg82, Mar 16, 2020
  3. ANANDHUSL Win User
    Scroll bar keeps jumping to top of scroll bar

every time Scroll bar keeps jumping to top of scroll bar

ANANDHUSL, Mar 16, 2020
  4. neo158 Win User

Select Bar jumps to the top of everything

Jump/Scroll to Top or Bottom?

If it's in an app then that's up to the developer to implement Jumps Lists. Jump Lists show up where need after a certain amount of content or apps are available within the OS.

neo158, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

Select Bar jumps to the top of everything

1. Select Bar jumps to the top of everything - Similar Threads - Select Bar jumps

2. Page jumping to the top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Page jumping to the top: I was sent a document to fill out. I downloaded it and saved it as a pdf. When I start filling it in and get halfway down the page, the page jumps to the top so I can’t see what I’m typing. Did I accidentally hit a key on my keyboard that’s doing this. Also, I keep my hands...
  3. Page jumping to the top

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Page jumping to the top: I was sent a document to fill out. I downloaded it and saved it as a pdf. When I start filling it in and get halfway down the page, the page jumps to the top so I can’t see what I’m typing. Did I accidentally hit a key on my keyboard that’s doing this. Also, I keep my hands...
  4. windows explorer jumps to top

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows explorer jumps to top: This seems to be an ongoing problem. I have folder hierarchies of up to 20 main folders with over 30 sub-folders in some cases. The cursor jumps to the top on many occasions leading me to choose the wrong folders. I have done away with a slideshow, changed the background...
  5. windows explorer jumps to top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows explorer jumps to top: This seems to be an ongoing problem. I have folder hierarchies of up to 20 main folders with over 30 sub-folders in some cases. The cursor jumps to the top on many occasions leading me to choose the wrong folders. I have done away with a slideshow, changed the background...
  6. windows explorer jumps to top

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Scroll Bar jumping to top of page

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scroll Bar jumping to top of page: After the last update I now have the same issue: It occurs in File Explorer on the program menu start. It also prevents drop down boxes on web pages being used, with out using the arrow down key!!!!...
  8. Scroll Bar jumping to top of page

in Windows 10 Customization
    Scroll Bar jumping to top of page: I have seen this topic posted in old posts from 2015. After the last update I now have the same issue: It occurs in File Explorer on the program menu start, It also prevents drop down boxes on web pages being used, with out using the arrow down key!!!! I have followed...
  9. New : Scroll Bar jumping to top of page

in Windows 10 Customization
    New : Scroll Bar jumping to top of page: I have seen this topic posted in old posts from 2015. After the last update I now have the same issue: It occurs in File Explorer on the program menu start, It also prevents drop down boxes on web pages being used, with out using the arrow down key!!!! I have followed...
  10. file explorer scroll bar keep jumping to top

in Windows 10 Support
    file explorer scroll bar keep jumping to top: Hi Shawn. Can you help with file explorer scroll bar that keep on jumping to the top. I actually knew it since few builds back. I thought it's already resolved. That was why, last week when I got an offer of free upgrade on my samsung ativ running win 8.1n didn't think...