Windows 10: Select C:\winddows\SysWow64\cmd. exe

Discus and support Select C:\winddows\SysWow64\cmd. exe in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; when trying to open "Uninstall or change a program", " System properties" from This PC or trying from right click on desktop to open Personalization or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by adksia, Sep 19, 2020.

1. adksia Win User

Select C:\winddows\SysWow64\cmd. exe

when trying to open "Uninstall or change a program", " System properties" from This PC or trying from right click on desktop to open Personalization or Display setting, a cmd open and close right after and nothing happens, but if click on that cmd right before it close, it stays open, blank, with title write as i mention... from Settings i can open everything, i can create and delete folder everywhere, so it's not a Permission thing... to mention that if i try to type something in that cmd it close immediatly.

:)

adksia, Sep 19, 2020
  2. KerryNash Win User

C:\Windows\SysWow64

Thanks for the response Dave. I ran the program and thought I was lucky when I found the Adobe Flash updater linked to that. I unchecked it and thought just to be safe, I'd keep looking down the list only to find many, many more including many what looked
    like system files along with others. There are these that are checked also.

_Wow64 File not found: C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\Wow64.dll

_Wow64cpu File not found: C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\Wow64cpu.dll

_Wow64win File not found: C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\Wow64win.dll

_wowarmhw File not found: C:\WINDOWS\System32\wowarmhw.dll

_wowarmhw File not found: C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\wowarmhw.dll

There is one like this that looks valid- _Wow64cpu c:\windows\syswow64\wow64cpu.dll

With all of the ones I found, I hesitate to disable them without knowing what I'm doing. If an entry says "file not found" and is active, would it be safe to disable those?

Thanks

KerryNash, Sep 19, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    C:\Windows\SysWow64

Something on your system startup may be causing this folder to open . . .

Click HERE to download Autoruns from Technet, a small
    free utility that does not need installing. This utility will give you a much more detailed view of apps and processes starting with your system . . .

• Unzip the Download, right click either Autoruns.exe or Autoruns64.exe (depending on whether you are running 32bit or 64bit Window 10) and select 'Run as Administrator'
    • Scroll down to find any entry referring explorer and C:\Windows\SysWow64
    • Restart your system and this annoyance should be gone

Select C:\winddows\SysWow64\cmd. exe 9c36ab38-2012-4bb6-896f-ac3082bd9ab5.jpg

DaveM121, Sep 19, 2020
  4. Jay0253 Win User

Runtime Error! Program C:\WINDOWS\SysWow64\RunDll32.exe

Hello. I've been trying to update my Nvidia drivers and I haven't had this problem until now (been using Windows 10 for about a month or two with many past driver updates not giving me any problems) and I keep getting this error. One solution was to do a registry cleaner, and I did that, but still got the error. Help? I don't really understand now.

Here's the full error:

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program C:\WINDOWS\SysWow64\RunDll32.exe

This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information."

Also, here's the list of my PC build, if that makes a difference - AMD Athlon X4 860K, EVGA GeForce GTX 960, NZXT Source 210 (Black) - System Build - PCPartPicker

Jay0253, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Select C:\winddows\SysWow64\cmd. exe - Similar Threads - Select winddowsSysWow64cmd exe

2. Membuka file/apk .exe muncul select an app to open this .exe file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Membuka file/apk .exe muncul select an app to open this .exe file: Saya tidak sengaja mensetting default open file exe saya ke adobe acrobat aplikasi saya semua berubah icon menjadi adobe acrobat,saya menghapus adobe acrobat saya dan file exe dilaptop saya saat membuka file/apk .exe muncul select an app to open this .exe file...
  3. Membuka file/apk .exe muncul select an app to open this .exe file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Membuka file/apk .exe muncul select an app to open this .exe file: Saya tidak sengaja mensetting default open file exe saya ke adobe acrobat aplikasi saya semua berubah icon menjadi adobe acrobat,saya menghapus adobe acrobat saya dan file exe dilaptop saya saat membuka file/apk .exe muncul select an app to open this .exe file...
  4. Select An App To Open This .exe File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Select An App To Open This .exe File: Hi So Today I was going to play csgo and when i launched it from steam i got this error, Anyone Knows How To Fix It? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/select-an-app-to-open-this-exe-file/7412963b-bad4-4030-97a5-e2670ce98ec9
  5. Select An App To Open This .exe File

Select An App To Open This .exe File: Hi So Today I was going to play csgo and when i launched it from steam i got this error, Anyone Knows How To Fix It? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/select-an-app-to-open-this-exe-file/7412963b-bad4-4030-97a5-e2670ce98ec9
  6. Not able to register a C++ exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to register a C++ exe: We have a C++ executable that is built in the release configuration. As a project requirement before running the same, it first needs to be registered using /RegServer option. And doing so, it fails and throws this application error: 'The application was unable to start...
  7. Not able to register a C++ exe

Not able to register a C++ exe: We have a C++ executable that is built in the release configuration. As a project requirement before running the same, it first needs to be registered using /RegServer option. And doing so, it fails and throws this application error: 'The application was unable to start...
  8. Can not select exe file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not select exe file: Hi, I have an app called opentrack, which is basically a head tracking app. I want to connect it to a game but to do that I have to tell the app where the exe file is. So after changing a lot of permissions I found the app's exe location but when I select it, it gives me the...
  9. Can not select exe file

Can not select exe file: Hi, I have an app called opentrack, which is basically a head tracking app. I want to connect it to a game but to do that I have to tell the app where the exe file is. So after changing a lot of permissions I found the app's exe location but when I select it, it gives me the...
  10. C++ Build and .exe files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    C++ Build and .exe files: I have been developing a game in C++ for a while now, and I finally decided to make an alpha build and send it to my friend and have him test it. At which point, we ran into the issue of windows defender deleting the file saying its a virus. I know how to circumvent for this...