Windows 10: Select Diskpart Volume by name?

Discus and support Select Diskpart Volume by name? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So, here's the scenario: I'm writing a batch file that I want to use to open Diskpart and assign drive letter P to the volume where the batch file is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by 3000Alex, Jul 11, 2020.

1. 3000Alex Win User

Select Diskpart Volume by name?

So, here's the scenario: I'm writing a batch file that I want to use to open Diskpart and assign drive letter P to the volume where the batch file is located. How am I supposed to do that. I know how it works (I wouldn't ask this question... Never mind!), but how can I select the volume when it has a different number on each computer... Therefore: Can I select the volume by name, and if not, how can I let the user enter which volume it is, which I mean? So that the batch file lists all the volumes, asks the user who answers, and the batch file continues working with the answer?

Thanks in advance

LG Alex

:)

3000Alex, Jul 11, 2020
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Diskpart not locating volume with windows installed on it

Maybe post the output of diskpart so we can see?

Code:

NavyLCDR, Jul 11, 2020
  3. Diskpart not locating volume with windows installed on it

Hello,

I have a desktop that is currently stuck in a Repair loop, and goes to BSOD. One thing I found is when I try to rebuild BCD it says Total identified Windows installations: 0.

Currently it appears Windows is installed on the X:\ drive of this computer, but when I check diskpart and list volumes it doesn't show X:\ and none of the volumes displayed have a system partition in them.

If anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate it!

elusiveness, Jul 11, 2020
  4. Select Diskpart Volume by name?

Diskpart not locating volume with windows installed on it

That makes a lot of sense with it not finding any Windows installations...

Here's a copy of my diskpart. (Talking so much about it I probably should have thought to post it.... Sorry)

Code:
    Thank you all so much for your replies. I really appreciate the help

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the concern. I just ended typing it out manually, not too big a deal. Select Diskpart Volume by name? :)

elusiveness, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

Select Diskpart Volume by name?

1. Select Diskpart Volume by name? - Similar Threads - Select Diskpart Volume

2. Volume selection in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Volume selection in Windows 10: A window appears in front of me to choose between Volume 2 or 3. There is also another option, and I do not know what that means https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-selection-in-windows-10/ecbc4906-52ec-4974-a9bf-00691bcba183
  3. Change the name of a Volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change the name of a Volume: Split from this thread. To change the name of a volume on your computer, you can follow these steps:Open Finder and go to the "Devices" section on the left-hand side of the window.Find the volume that you want to rename and right-click on it.Select "Get Info" from the...
  4. Change the name of a Volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change the name of a Volume: Split from this thread. To change the name of a volume on your computer, you can follow these steps:Open Finder and go to the "Devices" section on the left-hand side of the window.Find the volume that you want to rename and right-click on it.Select "Get Info" from the...
  5. Diskpart clean and delete volume makes unrecoverable or diskpart clean with full format...

Diskpart clean and delete volume makes unrecoverable or diskpart clean with full format...: Diskpart clean and delete volume makes unrecoverable or diskpart clean with full format makes unrecoverable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/diskpart-clean-and-delete-volume-makes/49e4795f-f69b-4562-b333-256b21b69ec1
  6. Select volume 3 loop

Select volume 3 loop: Hi,I just performed a restore, choosing to keep my files. When all of it was done, it booted up into a screen that asked to select Windows 10 on Volume 3.There are 2 choices - Windows 10 on Volume 3 - and they are identical.Whether I choose either of them manually or let it...
  7. How to identify a volume using DiskPart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to identify a volume using DiskPart: Recently, I had a start-up error with the "Reboot and select proper Boot device" message. I fixed it by unplugging and then plugging back in my drives, but since then it has been slow with starting up Windows, attempting to scan and repair an unknown drive before the login...
  8. Diskpart not locating volume with windows installed on it

Diskpart not locating volume with windows installed on it: Hello, I have a desktop that is currently stuck in a Repair loop, and goes to BSOD. One thing I found is when I try to rebuild BCD it says Total identified Windows installations: 0. Currently it appears Windows is installed on the X:\ drive of this computer, but when I...
  9. Diskpart not locating volume with windows installed on it

in Windows 10 Support
    Diskpart not locating volume with windows installed on it: Hello, I have a desktop that is currently stuck in a Repair loop, and goes to BSOD. One thing I found is when I try to rebuild BCD it says Total identified Windows installations: 0. Currently it appears Windows is installed on the X:\ drive of this computer, but when I...
  10. A partition on a USB stick cannot be selected via DiskPart.

A partition on a USB stick cannot be selected via DiskPart.: Code: DISKPART> list volume Volume ### Ltr Label Fs Type Size Status Info ---------- --- ----------- ----- ---------- ------- --------- -------- Volume 0 Z DVD-ROM 0 B No Media Volume 1 C Windows 10 NTFS Partition 80 GB Healthy Boot Volume 2 Recovery NTFS Partition 528 MB...