Windows 10: Select dropdown boxes not working in any browser after Windows 10 1903 update

Discus and support Select dropdown boxes not working in any browser after Windows 10 1903 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, After installing this months updates when I click on a select dropdown box (like picking the operating system from the options below) on any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AlanFowler3, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Select dropdown boxes not working in any browser after Windows 10 1903 update

Hi,

After installing this months updates when I click on a select dropdown box (like picking the operating system from the options below) on any webpage using Firefox, Chrome or Edge the option box just flashes and disappears meaning I cannot select anything. Have rebooted twice and cleared browser caches.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Alan

:)

AlanFowler3, Aug 15, 2019
  2. Ray14120 Win User

Webpage dropdowns only work in Edge

Hi,..

I have no real suggestions for you, but I tried the link you provided on two different 10 machines. Each machine has 3 browsers....( Firefox, IE11, and Edge. Each machine is fully updated.

Firefox, ( Fully Updated ) IE 11, and Edge . I can get the dropdowns to work in IE 11 and Edge, But the dropdowns will not work in Firefox.

Ray14120, Aug 15, 2019
  3. chispy Win User
    Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Aug 15, 2019
  4. ECK Wolf Win User

Select dropdown boxes not working in any browser after Windows 10 1903 update

Dropdown Menu on Windows 10 desktop not working correctly

Dropdown menu on Windows 10 desktop not working correctly. Puts boxes all over the screen and there is no application list

ECK Wolf, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

Select dropdown boxes not working in any browser after Windows 10 1903 update

1. Select dropdown boxes not working in any browser after Windows 10 1903 update - Similar Threads - Select dropdown boxes

2. change dropdown box order

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change dropdown box order: Hi. I have Windows 11 and if I use Save As in Documents the dropdown box displays most recent files then folders but I want an alphabetical list as I can't find things quickly when they are jumbled up. How do I change the dropdown menu to alphabetical please?...
  3. change dropdown box order

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    change dropdown box order: Hi. I have Windows 11 and if I use Save As in Documents the dropdown box displays most recent files then folders but I want an alphabetical list as I can't find things quickly when they are jumbled up. How do I change the dropdown menu to alphabetical please?...
  4. Disabling Search Suggestion Dropdown Box Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling Search Suggestion Dropdown Box Not Working: For a long time I've used Google as a search engine. I use the address bar for search, don't like suggestions, so when I got Edge I had to learn how to turn off all that stuff. Worked fine. No dropdown.Recently I tried DuckDuckGo, didn't like it, went back to Google....
  5. file name selection dropdown

in Cortana
    file name selection dropdown: i know this isnt hyper specific but im having trouble with a file selection related issue its hard to put into words but its something like this i would be on discord uploading a file i would type in this box the first couple letters of a file name and it would pop up with...
  6. ICS dropdown box missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ICS dropdown box missing: I have the same issue as this guy here. The issue is still unsolved, the dropdown box is still missing. On my PC it is working but on my Surface it isn't. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ics-dropdown-box-missing/5c85e2c0-e049-4b38-b294-239fe486932a
  7. Windows 10 1903 Internet Browsers Not Working

Windows 10 1903 Internet Browsers Not Working: This is an incredibly frustrating issue. I would be grateful of a resolution. I have a fully updated Windows 10 Pro 1903 system which worked perfectly well before the 1903 update. If I open Chrome, IE, Edge or Chrome Portable, after some thinking time, it may load one page,...
  8. Windows 10 1903 Internet Browsers Not Working

Windows 10 1903 Internet Browsers Not Working: This is an incredibly frustrating issue. I would be grateful of a resolution ASAP... I have a fully updated Windows 10 Pro 1903 system which worked perfectly well before the 1903 update. If I open Chrome, IE, Edge or Chrome Portable, after some thinking time, it may load...
  9. Windows 10 Start Menu Dropdown Selections

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Start Menu Dropdown Selections: In the version of Win10 I used for the past year I could right click in a Word Doc pinned to the start menu icon and click Print. That PC died in January after 6+ years. I have an HP Omen 1 week old. Office H&B was pre-installed. Now there are fewer selections in the...
  10. Scrolling and dropdown boxes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scrolling and dropdown boxes: All of a sudden my apps scroll down without my prompting and won't let scroll back up, and the dropdown boxes show for a glimpse and will not allow me to select, even on the touchscreen. Help??!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Select dropdown not working after windows 1903 update