Windows 10: Select folders for Media Stream

Discus and support Select folders for Media Stream in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello guys, I'm sharing media from a second drive and it's perfectly working. I'm trying to understand if it's possible to show only "Videos" folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by albygrassi, May 8, 2020.

1. Select folders for Media Stream

Hello guys,

I'm sharing media from a second drive and it's perfectly working. I'm trying to understand if it's possible to show only "Videos" folder instead of all: "Pictures, Music and Recorded TV".

I've looked every possible option but I can't figure out how to do it.

Thanks for help

:)

albygrassi, May 8, 2020

2. Media Streaming DLNA no longer works after Anniversary edition upgrade

Hello,

Most of the DLNA servers can be fixed by reconfiguring it on your computer. So, I would suggest you to remove the DLNA servers from your computer and reconfigure it again to check if it resolves the issue.

If issue still persists, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check, if it helps:

• Go to system tray and click on network and sharing
    • Select change advanced sharing settings at the left top of the screen
    • At the bottom select All network
    • Under media streaming, select choose media streaming option
    • Under show devices on select customize from Xbox
    • Uncheck the Use default settings and check mark make all of the media in my library available to this device

Post back if the issue persist. We’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, May 8, 2020
  3. David Haz Win User
    streaming media

It could be that the Flash Player in Edge was disabled after the update. We suggest that you enable it again and see if you are able to stream your media again. Here's how to enable the Flash Player in Edge:

• Open Edge.
    • Click the "..." on the top-right corner of Edge.
    • Select Settings.
    • Click View advanced settings.
    • Toggle the switch for Adobe Flash Player to enable it.
    • Close the Edge browser window and open a new one.

David Haz, May 8, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Select folders for Media Stream

Windows 10 DLNA media streaming from PC to Xbox One not working correctly

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check, if it helps:

• Go to system tray and click on network and sharing
    • Select change advanced sharing settings at the left top of the screen
    • At the bottom select All network
    • Under media streaming, select choose media streaming option
    • Under show devices on select customize from Xbox
    • Uncheck the Use default settings and check mark make all of the media in my library available to this device

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, May 8, 2020
Thema:

Select folders for Media Stream

1. Select folders for Media Stream - Similar Threads - Select folders Media

2. Select folders for media streaming options with DLNA

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Select folders for media streaming options with DLNA: Hi, I am trying to setup media streaming to allow me to stream media content from my device to a player on my network using DLNA. The actual DLNA server is working and appearing, and the player device can connect to it fine. However, none of my media is appearing in the...
  3. media streaming

in Windows 10 Customization
    media streaming: Recently I lost the connection between my media server and my Roku Ultra. I've listened to and followed advice as well as read tech "how-To's" All that leads me to conclude that my version of windows [win 10 pro x64 v. 2004 build 19041.329] lacks a way to turn on media...
  4. Media Streaming

Media Streaming: I just installed an internal WiFi adapter in my Windows 10 Pro machine. When I went to enable Media Streaming, I learned that my new local hotspot will allow anyone in range to my PC to see the security password on my WiFi card. I need to know how to hide the security...
  5. media streaming

media streaming: I have a new desktop computer with c and d drives. the c drive has all the programs and d drive has all the data incl music files. my tv does not see the d drive, how do I change this. both are connected to wifi and I am trying to steam files over wifi....
  6. Media streaming

Media streaming: What is needed to stream mp4s from network PC to TV? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-streaming/51008635-ebc2-45b5-93c8-cf0e66ea51dc
  7. Media Streaming

Media Streaming: I am trying to stream My Pictures from a Windows 10 PC to my Sony TV. The TV can see the folders but not the individual pictures in them. I believe that I have shared the entirety of my pictures folder and subfolders. I cannot turn off the password protection requirement in...
  8. media streaming

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    media streaming: what is media streaming? Is it safe to use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/media-streaming/bb50cfc2-26b2-439c-affc-b177caa73d28
  9. media streaming

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    media streaming: recently I was trying to import photos via a memory card as I always have only to receive the same message over & over. something went wrong-try again. so I attempted to find out why. at that time I discovered that Media Streaming was turned OFF and of course it prompted me...
  10. Media streaming

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Media streaming: How does media streaming work? Are you more or less protected when streaming is turned on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/media-streaming/3fc4b761-8545-483f-a592-26e90c029a12"