Windows 10: Select folders for media streaming options with DLNA

Discus and support Select folders for media streaming options with DLNA in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to setup media streaming to allow me to stream media content from my device to a player on my network using DLNA. The actual DLNA... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SalukiCorp, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Select folders for media streaming options with DLNA

Hi,

I am trying to setup media streaming to allow me to stream media content from my device to a player on my network using DLNA.

The actual DLNA server is working and appearing, and the player device can connect to it fine. However, none of my media is appearing in the file system showed by the DLNA server. This is probably because the content i am trying to access is not stored in my user area, but stored on a network drive hosted on the devife just in the C Drive.

Is there any way that I can get the media streaming service to make this drive visible to the DLNA server?

:)

SalukiCorp, Nov 20, 2020

2. Media Streaming DLNA no longer works after Anniversary edition upgrade

Hello,

Most of the DLNA servers can be fixed by reconfiguring it on your computer. So, I would suggest you to remove the DLNA servers from your computer and reconfigure it again to check if it resolves the issue.

If issue still persists, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check, if it helps:

• Go to system tray and click on network and sharing
    • Select change advanced sharing settings at the left top of the screen
    • At the bottom select All network
    • Under media streaming, select choose media streaming option
    • Under show devices on select customize from Xbox
    • Uncheck the Use default settings and check mark make all of the media in my library available to this device

Post back if the issue persist. We’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Nov 20, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    DLNA streaming help

what are you using to provide the dnla support on the main pc? I find the built in options lacking, I suggest trying tversity, it easily let's you pick what folders/drives are broadcast via dlna.

newtekie1, Nov 20, 2020
  4. Raviraj H Win User

Select folders for media streaming options with DLNA

Stream Media DLNA

How to use "Play To" app on my Lumia 620 to stream media from/to my desktop PC running on windows 7 using DLNA...Please Help

Raviraj H, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

Select folders for media streaming options with DLNA

1. Select folders for media streaming options with DLNA - Similar Threads - Select folders media

2. Media streaming options DLNA server having problem to share media file with my Smart TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media streaming options DLNA server having problem to share media file with my Smart TV: Hello,I have Windows 11 Home, and the media streaming options are giving me trouble.My issue is that even with "Media streaming options" enabled, I am unable to share the media file through my laptop. If you know why this is, please assist me.Through an Ethernet wire, my...
  3. Media streaming options DLNA server having problem to share media file with my Smart TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media streaming options DLNA server having problem to share media file with my Smart TV: Hello,I have Windows 11 Home, and the media streaming options are giving me trouble.My issue is that even with "Media streaming options" enabled, I am unable to share the media file through my laptop. If you know why this is, please assist me.Through an Ethernet wire, my...
  4. Media streaming options not there

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media streaming options not there: I just turned on my new laptop. One of my first things to do was to try and share files to my iPad. I went to Network and sharing. Media streaming options isn't there. What do I do? I need to be able to stream/share from my laptop to other devices....
  5. Media streaming options not there

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media streaming options not there: I just turned on my new laptop. One of my first things to do was to try and share files to my iPad. I went to Network and sharing. Media streaming options isn't there. What do I do? I need to be able to stream/share from my laptop to other devices....
  6. Streaming to DLNA/Airplay wireless speakers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Streaming to DLNA/Airplay wireless speakers: In MacOS this has been a simple and built-in option from day 1. Simply select the speaker icon and choose the target device from the drop-down list.Is there really no equivalent in Windows?!...
  7. Accessing Desired Folders - Media Streaming Options

Accessing Desired Folders - Media Streaming Options: Goal: Watch videos & listen to music that is stored on my PC --- on my LG TV. I have gotten this to work, but not the folders I want. Have connected my Win 10 Pro computer to my wired router. Have connected my new LG TV to my wired router. The PC sees the "Media Devices" of...
  8. Select folders for Media Stream

Select folders for Media Stream: Hello guys, I'm sharing media from a second drive and it's perfectly working. I'm trying to understand if it's possible to show only "Videos" folder instead of all: "Pictures, Music and Recorded TV". I've looked every possible option but I can't figure out how to do it....
  9. DLNA Media Sharing not showing files in moved folders

DLNA Media Sharing not showing files in moved folders: Hello guys, I am having a problem with a windows media streaming service. All devices can see and access the libraries, but they appear to be empty. After some troubleshooting i found out, that only libraries, which are in their default locations C:\Users\%username%\... are...
  10. <Media Streaming Options

in Windows 10 Customization
    <Media Streaming Options: How do you customize and change the default settings in Media Streaming for Windows 10 Pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-streaming-options/349e684f-b135-41b7-b435-959d799b5e6d

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change visible folders windows media player stream