Windows 10: Select games freeze randomly -- I'm totally lost on this issue

Discus and support Select games freeze randomly -- I'm totally lost on this issue in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; PC: i78700k at stock 16GB 3200mhz RAM (default XMP) 2080ti at stock Windows 10 2004 GPU drivers updated, latest bios, latest windows updates.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sevenstrangemelons, May 30, 2020.

1. Select games freeze randomly -- I'm totally lost on this issue

PC:

i78700k at stock

16GB 3200mhz RAM (default XMP)

2080ti at stock

Windows 10 2004

GPU drivers updated, latest bios, latest windows updates.

Built PC 2 years ago with a few hardware changes in between. Been working fine up until about a month ago (months after last hardware change).

I've been trying to fix this for a month now. Select games -- so far I've seen this happen in rocket league and SMITE -- freeze while playing and I am forced to close them. I get no error or "not responding message," the game simply freezes.

Weirdly, I cannot relaunch the games until I restart my PC. Even more weirdly, no other programs are affected. Discord, browser, MSI afterburner, etc. all continue to work fine. The PC continues to work like nothing happened but I cannot relaunch the game until I restart my PC. If I do I just get a black screen and must force quit it again.

This seemingly occurs randomly. Temps are low on both CPU and GPU (40s and 50s, these games are not heavy). Sometimes I don't get freezes for days or a week, sometimes I get freezes multiple times in the same day.

I've looked everywhere I can and can't figure this out. I've even posted this on other subreddits and the best advice was a full clean windows 10 install, which I did from usb -- but the problem still occurs. And yes it occurred before I updated to 2004. I also ran memtest which I think was pointless but showed no errors.

I looked in the event viewer and found the error that happens when a crash occurs. Here is the error in xml-format from event viewer: https://pastebin.com/rxRP52Q6

It says things like

"Hang type: Top level window is idle"

and

"The program Smite.exe version 1.0.10897.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel."

Any help would be really appreciated.

submitted by /u/Sevenstrangemelons
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Sevenstrangemelons, May 30, 2020

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, May 30, 2020
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

Turning off fast startup helped with this issue for another user on a different forum. For newbies, see steps Windows 10 Freezes Randomly.

kamilanwar, May 30, 2020
  4. OverFifty Win User

Select games freeze randomly -- I'm totally lost on this issue

Pyramid game freezes

See my December 29 reply above:

I ran the troubleshooter, no problems were found.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the app twice. Pyramid game still freezes and closes randomly.

It appears that I am not the only one with this issue. I am convinced that the problem lies within the latest Windows 10 update.

OverFifty, May 30, 2020
Thema:

Select games freeze randomly -- I'm totally lost on this issue

1. Select games freeze randomly -- I'm totally lost on this issue - Similar Threads - Select games freeze

2. Games are randomly freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games are randomly freezing: Hello,i just try everything and i wanna share with you my troubles with HP Pavilion Gaming 15-dk2xxx., Windows11.Every games i wanna try to play accidentaly crash/freeze at random times.I wanna share with you information from WinDbgWindows, BIOS, drivers, C++ - all of it...
  3. Games are randomly freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games are randomly freezing: Hello,i just try everything and i wanna share with you my troubles with HP Pavilion Gaming 15-dk2xxx., Windows11.Every games i wanna try to play accidentaly crash/freeze at random times.I wanna share with you information from WinDbgWindows, BIOS, drivers, C++ - all of it...
  4. Random freeze issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random freeze issue: A month ago, my pc started to freeze randomly, no specific situation triggers it to freeze. It starts by very slow performance followed immediately by complete freeze that requires a restart from the case Start menu won't open and everything freezes. I tried to: -clean...
  5. Random freeze issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random freeze issue: A month ago, my pc started to freeze randomly, no specific situation triggers it to freeze. It starts by very slow performance followed immediately by complete freeze that requires a restart from the case Start menu won't open and everything freezes. I tried to: -clean...
  6. Random freeze issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. i'm totally lost

in Windows 10 Customization
    i'm totally lost: hello dear MS customer services ........ my windows got a big problem and i had to reset it as well now i am login as an Administrator and there's many things i can't open , can't add my MS account and for sorry when i reset it i didn't make any backup for the windows or the...
  8. Random freeze issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random freeze issue: About 2 to 3 months ago i put in a new hard drive and a new solid state drive and moved my operating system over to my solid state drive, since then however i have had issues with freezing a random point and needing to restart my computer manually. I usually play alot of...
  9. Windows 10 total random freeze

Windows 10 total random freeze: My Window 10 laptop is frequently (every day or two) completely freezing. The screen is simply frozen, and the mouse and keyboard are not responsive at all (e.g. NumLock light does not change when the key is pressed). The normal power off button does nothing until held down...
  10. Random freezes and total crashes while gaming/loading games

Random freezes and total crashes while gaming/loading games: Dear people. My PC freeze randomly while gaming. (Cities Skylines, 7Days to Die, Minecraft) Me and my son check everything: RAM, Mainboard, CPU, GPU, SSD, HDD, even the SATA cable. I've got a new power adapter too. (450W) Yesterday I use the troubleshooting in Win10 for my...