Windows 10: Select GPU to use by specific applications

Discus and support Select GPU to use by specific applications in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; have 2 GFX cards installed: GeForce GTX 1060 and Radeon HD 7850. Both are working fine as I plugged in different monitors to different cards to be sure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by angelleonardo4, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Select GPU to use by specific applications

have 2 GFX cards installed: GeForce GTX 1060 and Radeon HD 7850. Both are working fine as I plugged in different monitors to different cards to be sure about it.

I want to force some applications to use Radeon HD 7850 instead of GeForce GTX 1060, but I can't find a way to do it. I've found that in Windows 10 you can switch GPU for applications in Graphics Settings between Power Saving and High Performance, but both options are using GeForce GTX 1060 for me.

Is there other way to select GPU for specific applications, or an option to change Power Saving GPU?

:)

angelleonardo4, Nov 25, 2018
  2. keyvis Win User

Select GPU to use by specific applications

I have 2 GFX cards installed: GeForce GTX 1060 and Radeon HD 6670. Both are working fine as I plugged in different monitors to different cards to be sure about it.

I want to force some applications to use Radeon HD 6670 instead of GeForce GTX 1060, but I can't find a way to do it. I've found that in Windows 10 you can switch GPU for applications in Graphics Settings between Power Saving and High Performance, but both
    options are using GeForce GTX 1060 for me.

Is there other way to select GPU for specific applications, or an option to change Power Saving GPU?

keyvis, Nov 25, 2018
  3. keyvis Win User

I want to use NVidia card for games and AMD card for "desktop" app (especially Streamlab OBS). This way I can have uncapped FPS in games, without scene composition degradation in Streamlabs OBS near to 100% GPU usage, that is a typical problem with only
    a single GFX card: it's east to do with dedicated + integrated GTX card, but should be also possible with 2 dedicated GFX cards. I've checked that Windows graphics stack support it, by writing a small application that selects to run on 2nd (AMD) GPU by itself,
    and all was working perfectly fine. I just need find a way of changing default GPU for applications that don't have an option to select it, so probably something like 99% of applications.

About NVidia Optimus configuration: you should have this option available in "base" NVidia Control Panel, when selecting settings for specific applications (3D Settings -> Manage 3D settings -> Program Settings -> Select the preferred graphics processor
    for this program).

keyvis, Nov 25, 2018
  4. keyvis Win User

I've said that I've tried it, and explained that for me specific GPUs are not available to select there. I have only available Power Saving and High Performance presets there that are set for the same GFX card (GeForce GTX 1060) for me,
    that is system default too. In NVidia on AMD settings you can only switch between integrated and dedicated GFX card, not between 2 cards especially from 2 different vendors. So, how to assign different GFX card to Power Saving preset? Or how to unlock option
    to select specific GFX card there besides those 2 presets?

keyvis, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Select GPU to use by specific applications - Similar Threads - Select GPU specific

2. GPU Selection Preferences Not Honored by Some Applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU Selection Preferences Not Honored by Some Applications: I'm encountering an issue with my laptop's GPU selection preferences not being respected by certain applications. Details are as follows:Hardware:AMD Ryzen 6900HS processor with AMD Radeon graphics.NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Laptop GPU.Problem:Attempting to assign the NVIDIA...
  3. GPU Selection Preferences Not Honored by Some Applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPU Selection Preferences Not Honored by Some Applications: I'm encountering an issue with my laptop's GPU selection preferences not being respected by certain applications. Details are as follows:Hardware:AMD Ryzen 6900HS processor with AMD Radeon graphics.NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Laptop GPU.Problem:Attempting to assign the NVIDIA...
  4. Windows choose to run an application using the wrong GPU. How to force a specific GPU to use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows choose to run an application using the wrong GPU. How to force a specific GPU to use: Hi, I have a pc with 3 GPUs, one Nvidia, and 2 AMD.The monitor is connected to the Nvidia and it is on PCIe. the other 2 AMD are on risers. When I run games windows always chose to run them using one of the AMD thus the resolution is wrong and the game will crash and not...
  5. Windows choose to run an application using the wrong GPU. How to force a specific GPU to use

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows choose to run an application using the wrong GPU. How to force a specific GPU to use: Hi, I have a pc with 3 GPUs, one Nvidia, and 2 AMD.The monitor is connected to the Nvidia and it is on PCIe. the other 2 AMD are on risers. When I run games windows always chose to run them using one of the AMD thus the resolution is wrong and the game will crash and not...
  6. Windows choose to run an application using the wrong GPU. How to force a specific GPU to use

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. GPU selection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU selection: Hi I was wondering to get a Graphics card but I don't particularly know which brand to get.CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME LIKE SOME THE BEST GPU BRANDS Can someone please help me?...
  8. Program specific GPU selection

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Program specific GPU selection: My setup consists of a 3080 and a quadro p2000. I'm trying to get the p2000 to work with a CAD program (SolidWorks), but every time I boot the program it always defaults to the 3080. The only way to run off the p2000 is to disconnect the 3080 completely. Even if there are no...
  9. Multi-GPU, unable to set specific GPU for applications?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multi-GPU, unable to set specific GPU for applications?: I have both an Nvidia RTX 3080 and an RTX 2070 in my system. When I go to "Graphics Settings" and I attempt to select applications, it only shows the 3080 for both "power saving" and "high performance." How am I supposed to be able to specify which GPU is going to be used for...
  10. Forcing a application to run on a specific gpu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Forcing a application to run on a specific gpu: I've posted this elsewhere but there's no harm in putting here as well So i got two gpus in my setup. One is a 2g nvida gt610 and the other is a 4g nvida gt730. Most stuff launches on the 610 but i want some stuff to run on the 730. The 730 sometimes has issues so i don't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. use dedicated amd gpu for evry program

2. forbid application to use certain gpu

3. how using Streamlabs assign a dedicated AMD GPU