Windows 10: Select GPU to use by specific applications

Discus and support Select GPU to use by specific applications in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; have 2 GFX cards installed: GeForce GTX 1060 and Radeon HD 7850. Both are working fine as I plugged in different monitors to different cards to be sure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by angelleonardo4, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Select GPU to use by specific applications

have 2 GFX cards installed: GeForce GTX 1060 and Radeon HD 7850. Both are working fine as I plugged in different monitors to different cards to be sure about it.

I want to force some applications to use Radeon HD 7850 instead of GeForce GTX 1060, but I can't find a way to do it. I've found that in Windows 10 you can switch GPU for applications in Graphics Settings between Power Saving and High Performance, but both options are using GeForce GTX 1060 for me.

Is there other way to select GPU for specific applications, or an option to change Power Saving GPU?

:)

angelleonardo4, Nov 25, 2018
  2. keyvis Win User

Select GPU to use by specific applications

I have 2 GFX cards installed: GeForce GTX 1060 and Radeon HD 6670. Both are working fine as I plugged in different monitors to different cards to be sure about it.

I want to force some applications to use Radeon HD 6670 instead of GeForce GTX 1060, but I can't find a way to do it. I've found that in Windows 10 you can switch GPU for applications in Graphics Settings between Power Saving and High Performance, but both
    options are using GeForce GTX 1060 for me.

Is there other way to select GPU for specific applications, or an option to change Power Saving GPU?

keyvis, Nov 25, 2018
  3. keyvis Win User

I want to use NVidia card for games and AMD card for "desktop" app (especially Streamlab OBS). This way I can have uncapped FPS in games, without scene composition degradation in Streamlabs OBS near to 100% GPU usage, that is a typical problem with only
    a single GFX card: it's east to do with dedicated + integrated GTX card, but should be also possible with 2 dedicated GFX cards. I've checked that Windows graphics stack support it, by writing a small application that selects to run on 2nd (AMD) GPU by itself,
    and all was working perfectly fine. I just need find a way of changing default GPU for applications that don't have an option to select it, so probably something like 99% of applications.

About NVidia Optimus configuration: you should have this option available in "base" NVidia Control Panel, when selecting settings for specific applications (3D Settings -> Manage 3D settings -> Program Settings -> Select the preferred graphics processor
    for this program).

keyvis, Nov 25, 2018
  4. keyvis Win User

I've said that I've tried it, and explained that for me specific GPUs are not available to select there. I have only available Power Saving and High Performance presets there that are set for the same GFX card (GeForce GTX 1060) for me,
    that is system default too. In NVidia on AMD settings you can only switch between integrated and dedicated GFX card, not between 2 cards especially from 2 different vendors. So, how to assign different GFX card to Power Saving preset? Or how to unlock option
    to select specific GFX card there besides those 2 presets?

keyvis, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Select GPU to use by specific applications - Similar Threads - Select GPU specific

2. Forcing a application to run on a specific gpu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Forcing a application to run on a specific gpu: I've posted this elsewhere but there's no harm in putting here as well So i got two gpus in my setup. One is a 2g nvida gt610 and the other is a 4g nvida gt730. Most stuff launches on the 610 but i want some stuff to run on the 730. The 730 sometimes has issues so i don't...
  3. Applications Running On This GPU

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Applications Running On This GPU: Hi, guys. For a very long time I've noticed something strange. I have a gaming laptop with an i7-7700HQ and GTX 1060 mobile GPU. However, whenever I boot up my computer, many Windows 10 stock applications will start loading on the NVIDIA GPU. When I click on the NVIDIA GPU...
  4. Games and applications are using iGPU instead of Dedicated GPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games and applications are using iGPU instead of Dedicated GPU: Helloo, I have been facing this issue from 2 weeks now, I usually run games and editing software with Dedicated GPU Nvidia Brand-> Laptop - HP Model-> cx0140tx But now even if I force an application to use this gpu it works on Integrated GPU Intel® UHD Graphics 630. I dont...
  5. Games and applications are not using laptop dedicated GPU

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Games and applications are not using laptop dedicated GPU: Since I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 1909, I'm having an issue where applications do not use the dedicated Nvidia GPU , despite having set programs to use the high performance GPU on Nvidia Control Panel. Even if I right click the shortcut or executable and choose to run...
  6. Assign a full keyboard to a specific application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Assign a full keyboard to a specific application: I connected a secound keyboard to my PC and it actet normally, like it should. Through the driver I assigned hotkeys with which I tried to contol OBS. The problem was, whenever I launched a game, this game blocked the hotkey and tried to execute it. So I wantet to know is...
  7. Selecting default GPU on a desktop

Selecting default GPU on a desktop: I recently bought a Ryzen 5 3400G with the intent of using its integrated GPU for normal desktop usage and less demanding games, while I continue to use my significantly more power-hungry Vega 64 to run the more demanding games. While it's worked better than I expected for...
  8. Application doesnt use 100% of GPU is this normal?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Application doesnt use 100% of GPU is this normal?: When I play League of legends, I look on task manager and it says under the GPU tab, around 30-40% usage. Is this normal? In game, i set everything to very low but i still get under 60 fps. Is this GPU usage normal? I'm using a laptop. 136215
  9. Change selected GPU in Graphic Settings?

Change selected GPU in Graphic Settings?: I have 2 GPU: [ATTACH] Applications can see both, and the ones that have the config let me change the GPU in the options, working just fine. But most applications don't have this option. But since Aprils update, now Windows 10 has an option called the Graphic Settings,...
  10. Assigning Application to Specific Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Assigning Application to Specific Desktop: Is there any way to restrict a specific application to a specific desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/assigning-application-to-specific-desktop/f7e08427-455e-4c78-b1bd-806c6f4c1557

Users found this page by searching for:

1. use dedicated amd gpu for evry program

2. forbid application to use certain gpu

3. how using Streamlabs assign a dedicated AMD GPU