Windows 10: 'Select' keeps auto-scrolling to the right and down, but only on certain programs

Discus and support 'Select' keeps auto-scrolling to the right and down, but only on certain programs in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The ability to 'select' i.e. click and run something (what's selected has a white border) keeps scrolling, by itself, to the right and/or down. the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/j3llyf1shh, Apr 29, 2020.

1. 'Select' keeps auto-scrolling to the right and down, but only on certain programs

The ability to 'select' i.e. click and run something (what's selected has a white border) keeps scrolling, by itself, to the right and/or down. the cursor and arrow keys still work normally, but it keeps drifting back by itself, making it difficult to select something. e.g. if i open bluetooth settings, it auto scrolls to the bottom, and i can't scroll back up to toggle bluetooth on and off. this doesn't happen for all programs; it seems to be the ones the computer 'came with' e.g. windows settings, start, wifi settings etc. it also affects games i run with steam. but not web browsers, itunes, microsoft office etc. how do i fix this? thank you

submitted by /u/j3llyf1shh
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/j3llyf1shh, Apr 29, 2020
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Auto scroll issue

Hi Kunananthaseelan,

Thank you for updating.

I suggest you to install Synaptic driver in Compatibility mode. Also install Keyboard and mouse drivers from manufacturer website.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Do let us know if you still face auto scroll issue. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Apr 29, 2020
  3. Sarasully Win User
    XBOX One Dashboard Auto-Scrolling to Right

This did not resolve anything. Ive done restart three times. I tried to go to settings and once it finally landed on settings after trying to stay right at store it then wont let me select settings it just makes the sound like it will but doesnt open. We
    cant even watch dvds, or stream movies on it.

Please help. Problem started weeks ago and for awhile turning it off helped but it went right back to doing it again.

Sarasully, Apr 29, 2020
  4. 'Select' keeps auto-scrolling to the right and down, but only on certain programs

XBOX One Dashboard Auto-Scrolling to Right

Hi Jaime,

To properly isolate your concern, please provide us more details about the issue with the following information:

• When did the issue start?
    • Is there a Kinect connected to the console?
    • Does the issue occur even if your controllers are turned off?

You can also follow the suggested methods below to resolve your concern:

Method 1. Power cycle your Xbox One console.

You can reset, perform a full power cycle, or physically disconnect your Xbox One console to reboot it completely and fix many common issues. This process does not erase any of your games or data.

Here are the steps: 

• Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely. 
    • Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds. Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.
    • Plug the console power cable back in.
    • Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox One.  

Method 2. Clear the storage cache on the console.

Here are the steps: 

• Press the menu key on the controller.  
    • Go to Settings, and then select Disc & Blu-Ray.  
    • In the Blu-Ray section select Persistent Storage.  
    • Select Clear persistent storage.

Method 3. Clear Mac address.

• Here are the steps: 
    • Scroll left on the Home screen to open the guide.  
    • Select Settings.  
    • Select All Settings.  
    • Select Network.  
    • Select Network settings.  
    • Select Advance settings.  
    • Select Alternate MAC address.  
    • Select Clear.

Let us know how it goes.

Loraine Mon, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

'Select' keeps auto-scrolling to the right and down, but only on certain programs

1. 'Select' keeps auto-scrolling to the right and down, but only on certain programs - Similar Threads - 'Select' keeps auto

2. Windows 10 auto scrolling down and selecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 auto scrolling down and selecting: When i click the start buttton it starts slecting random things so fast that i can't even restart it or when i go to settings => application for example it scrolls me to the buttom and get stuck therewhen i restart it stops for a while then comes backWindows 10 proversion...
  3. Windows 10 auto scrolling down and selecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 auto scrolling down and selecting: When i click the start buttton it starts slecting random things so fast that i can't even restart it or when i go to settings => application for example it scrolls me to the buttom and get stuck therewhen i restart it stops for a while then comes backWindows 10 proversion...
  4. Windows 10 auto scrolling down and selecting

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. My scroll bar keeps scrolling to the right and down in control panel and the windows...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My scroll bar keeps scrolling to the right and down in control panel and the windows...: WINDOWS 10 Hi, whenever i put my mouse over like the volume bar on youtube for example it just scrolls to the right, and if i have a chrome tab when im not in fullscreen it scrolls to the right. However when i go to control panel it scrolls down without me doing anything, i...
  6. How to select certain GPUs to control certain programs?

How to select certain GPUs to control certain programs?: So, I am thinking about building a PC with an RTX 2060 and a GT 1030, and I would like to know if it is possible to assign certain programs to certain GPUs? For example, let's say both of my monitors are connected to the RTX 2060, but I only want games Overwatch, Minecraft,...
  7. Auto Scrolling During Certain Games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Auto Scrolling During Certain Games: Every time I've opened the game, it has been extremely difficult to select anything from the main menu due to the game constantly automatically scrolling through every option with no way to stop it. Other Applications workings smoothly without any problem....
  8. Mouse is always auto selecting. Scroll down always. Windows 10.

Mouse is always auto selecting. Scroll down always. Windows 10.: Hello. I'm using the Dell Inspiron 3521 laptop with the latest windows 10 version. But since few days, mouse pointer always selects the bottom of the icon on the desktop. And in every menu. also on browser it automatically scrolls down too. I tried following methods to...
  9. Auto Scrolling on window drop down

Auto Scrolling on window drop down: Hi all, Not sure how well I can articulate this so please be patient with me. When I click on a drop down to see all options to school from and hover over the first, the list scrolls up a few options. Likewise, if I hover over the last option, it scrolls down a few...
  10. Program auto select in powershell

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Program auto select in powershell: Hello everyone I'm beginner programming powershell, now i want to program powershell auto select card wifi in Sharing tab, when my customer open file *.ps1 .Powershell will auto select card wifi and customer don't need select, can everyone can help me :( , Thanks very much....