Windows 10: select multiple files without losing selections

Discus and support select multiple files without losing selections in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do you select multiple files in file explorer and then ensure none of those files are deselected.\I have a ton of PDF files really books I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by daveeeeeeeeeeee, Jan 4, 2022.

1. select multiple files without losing selections

How do you select multiple files in file explorer and then ensure none of those files are deselected.\I have a ton of PDF files really books I have downloaded.Now I am trying to organize them into folders.All intermixed have files about God, investing, supply chain management, writing, books about Microsoft products, Statistics, Regression Analysis, books about writing, war, history, blast injuries, philosophy, theology, and whatever else you can really think of. The problem is these are not put in nice and neat categories but all one big jumbled location. Here is what happens, I start selec

:)

daveeeeeeeeeeee, Jan 4, 2022

2. Select multiple files

Is there a way to select multiple files in the N900 filebrowser? And what about multiple emails (for spam deletion)? I've tried several key-combo's but I can't find it.

Thx.

buttonfreak---01, Jan 4, 2022
  3. Can't select multiple files in windows 10

I know this is an OLDER post, but this issue still arises in Whinedows 10

Until now, I have been unable to select multiple files by the standard left click and hold then dragging a box over them, in any folder or on the desktop. Right clicking will multiple select files, but on releasing the button, it only offers the standard
    right click menu not the drag and drop or copy and paste option I am wanting.

As NONE of the suggestions above fixed the issue I had, I kept looking until I found the REAL FIX for
    MY problem. If this is shared by anyone else, this is how I fixed the issue on my PC.

In the control panel options mentioned in many replies, the box to be unticked is " Use check boxes to select items ". This does NOTHING to fix the drag and drop fault. All this option does is add a tick box next to the list of folder items. The " FIX "
    is the button BELOW this one. UNCHECK the stupid "Use Sharing Wizard" checkbox and drag/drop and copy/paste are all working fine now.

Dont AskDont Tell, Jan 4, 2022
  4. Arul_D Win User

select multiple files without losing selections

File selection lost continuously

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

• Are you trying to access detail pane under view tab or right click on the file and select properties and details?

• What are the steps you have followed to open the details view?
    I would suggest you open the folder which contains PDF files and click on view and check details pane and check if you are able to get the details view.

Reply us back with the required information. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Jan 4, 2022
Thema:

select multiple files without losing selections

1. select multiple files without losing selections - Similar Threads - select multiple files

2. Selecting Multiple Files in the Same Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Selecting Multiple Files in the Same Folder: I have a folder containing 5 PDF files, named 01, 02, 03, 04, 05. They are shown in numerical order I have the view sort by file name.When I double click one file, it opens Adobe reader, like it should.If I click the first file then shift+click the second file, right click...
  3. Selecting Multiple Files in the Same Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Selecting Multiple Files in the Same Folder: I have a folder containing 5 PDF files, named 01, 02, 03, 04, 05. They are shown in numerical order I have the view sort by file name.When I double click one file, it opens Adobe reader, like it should.If I click the first file then shift+click the second file, right click...
  4. Shift not working to select multiple files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift not working to select multiple files.: I usually click on a file then hold down shift and click on another one below it and the computer will select everything in between but this isn't working after an update, I've updated to windows 11 a long time ago and this problem has never occurred, can someone please help?...
  5. Shift not working to select multiple files.

Shift not working to select multiple files.: I usually click on a file then hold down shift and click on another one below it and the computer will select everything in between but this isn't working after an update, I've updated to windows 11 a long time ago and this problem has never occurred, can someone please help?...
  6. select multiple files without losing selections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    select multiple files without losing selections: How do you select multiple files in file explorer and then ensure none of those files are deselected.\I have a ton of PDF files really books I have downloaded.Now I am trying to organize them into folders.All intermixed have files about God, investing, supply chain...
  7. select multiple files without losing selections

select multiple files without losing selections: How do you select multiple files in file explorer and then ensure none of those files are deselected.\I have a ton of PDF files really books I have downloaded.Now I am trying to organize them into folders.All intermixed have files about God, investing, supply chain...
  8. Select multiple files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Select multiple files: Selecting multiple files using control key has stopped. What has happened. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/select-multiple-files/6d74d5ba-2fb5-4c21-bd6c-56cf151b442f
  9. Problem Selecting Multiple Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem Selecting Multiple Files: Suddenly I can't select multiple files in Windows 10 File Explorer. While holding CTRL or SHIFT, I select the second file and the first one is deselected. This is very annoying when I want to do a group action. What has happened and how can I fix it?...
  10. Shift for selecting multiple Files not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shift for selecting multiple Files not working: First of all I would like to say how well laid out this forum is. Just joined and hope to find some solution to my problem. Windows 10 has many little problems, her are some with "Shift"! If I want to let's say select 10 Files in Windows File Manager and click on...