Windows 10: Select only files that have "Copy" in the filename?

Discus and support Select only files that have "Copy" in the filename? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, Is there a way to select only filenames that have "Copy" in its filename? Example: Filename22.xlsx Filename22 - Copy.xlsx Filename34.xlsx... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JohnnyBeGood, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Select only files that have "Copy" in the filename?

Hi all,

Is there a way to select only filenames that have "Copy" in its filename?
    Example:
    Filename22.xlsx
    Filename22 - Copy.xlsx
    Filename34.xlsx
    Filename34 - Copy.xlsx
    Filename89.xlsx
    Filename89 - Copy.xlsx
    etc.

TIA!

:)

JohnnyBeGood, Feb 17, 2021
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Feb 17, 2021
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Feb 17, 2021
  4. Select only files that have "Copy" in the filename?

Copying files from a folder using filenames from a text file

I have a folder that contains approx. 17,000 images, I want to copy only those images, whose filenames are listed in a text file. The text file contains approx. 1000 file names.

Is there a command that I can use on cmd or power shell to automate this process? Otherwise I will have to manually go through all those 17,000 files and copy the ones that are listed in text file which seems impossible

khalidWaleed99, Feb 17, 2021
Thema:

Select only files that have "Copy" in the filename?

1. Select only files that have "Copy" in the filename? - Similar Threads - Select files Copy

2. restored files filename

in Windows 10 Gaming
    restored files filename: I recently had to restore my documents folder from a backup copy. It worked nicely but appended the date and time of the backup to the filename of every file. I don't suppose there is a utility that will strip off the added text in the filename!...
  3. restored files filename

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    restored files filename: I recently had to restore my documents folder from a backup copy. It worked nicely but appended the date and time of the backup to the filename of every file. I don't suppose there is a utility that will strip off the added text in the filename!...
  4. restored files filename

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Renaming Files Selects/Deletes Entire Filename

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Renaming Files Selects/Deletes Entire Filename: This problem has bugs the He__ out of me. When renaming a file or folder in Windows 10 file explorer, I click on the filename and while I am adding a word, or number and as I'm typing, Windows automatically re-selects the entire filename, which, of course when I type another...
  6. Copied files not selected upon completion of copy/paste

Copied files not selected upon completion of copy/paste: I have Windows 10 and something has changed as I remember from windows 7. When I am in Windows Explorer and I copy/paste files from one folder to another, the copied files are not selected ie highlighted after the paste is complete. This is annoying and I cannot figure out...
  7. How to copy complete path/filename to clipboard?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to copy complete path/filename to clipboard?: In explorer if i navigate to a file and press F2 / copy that will only copy the filename "da.txt" to clipboard... i want this: "c:\files\blah\dee\da.txt" I see it's in the file Properties/Security/Object Name... it can be selected and copied. Is there a faster way? Thanks!...
  8. Copying files from a folder using filenames from a text file

Copying files from a folder using filenames from a text file: I have a folder that contains approx. 17,000 images, I want to copy only those images, whose filenames are listed in a text file. The text file contains approx. 1000 file names. Is there a command that I can use on cmd or power shell to automate this process? Otherwise I...
  9. How to make Windows 10 select ONLY the filename when hitting F2

How to make Windows 10 select ONLY the filename when hitting F2: Is there a way to make Windows 10 select only the filename and not the extension under the Windows Explorer when I want to rename the file using F2 key? If not a setting, maybe a Registry edit? This is annoying having to select just the filename when you just want to rename a...
  10. Search only filenames, not contents

in Windows 10 Support
    Search only filenames, not contents: Is it possible to prevent Windows search from indexing the contents of documents and archives, restricting results to filenames only? 41399