Windows 10: select option in startup settings of Surface Go 2

Discus and support select option in startup settings of Surface Go 2 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to select an option in the startup settings but the on screen keyboard not working in that mode and bluetooth connected keyboard can't seem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jennifer Bahr1, Mar 8, 2023.

1. select option in startup settings of Surface Go 2

I am trying to select an option in the startup settings but the on screen keyboard not working in that mode and bluetooth connected keyboard can't seem to operate in that mode either. How do I select an option?? Thx

:)

Jennifer Bahr1, Mar 8, 2023
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Mar 8, 2023
  3. feelulive Win User
    windows 10 no advanced-startup-options, so no startup settings

when i did 1. 2. 3. steps i checked and problem was SOLVED
    but after 4. 5. 6. 7. steps i checked and no advanced startup options again

1. Make a complete backup image of your current HD including all partitions to an external HD using macrium reflect . Once done, disconnect all USB devices from the PC. Assuming now you only have one HD connected to the PC which you will be installing Windows.
      IMPORTANT: Also create a Macrium Rescue disk to boot from later on.
    2. Boot up your Windows installation USB/DVD. On the first screen, Hold SHIFT + F10 to open Command Windows then type:
      Diskpart
      select disk 0
      clean
      exit
    3. Click Next, Choose Custom, select the unallocated partition then click Next (Do not format), when asked for Product ID key, click on "Skip this step"/"Do it later". Continue the Installation.
    4. Once done. With the external HD connected, Reboot your PC with the Macrium Rescue disk, select the image that you created in step 1 as the Source.
    5. Select your current HD/SSD as Destination disk
    6. Restore only C: Drive to it. ie. overwrite the new C: Drive with your backup C: Drive.
      NOTE: See screen shot on how to perform this step
    7. Disconnect all the external devices. Reboot. Windows should perform a startup repair.
    till 4. step there was no windows 10 key activeted and problem vas solved
    but after step 7 i checked key and it was not the same which i purchased, why did that change? i activated purchased key again.
    so is the problem to be a windows 10 key on my pc?
    or do some drivers prevent advancedstartup options?

feelulive, Mar 8, 2023
  4. FTWitachi Win User

select option in startup settings of Surface Go 2

Startup programs not launching on startup

Replying to Brink none of that works here is why-
    Step 1- No items listed in startup on task manager as stated.
    Step 2- I dont have shell:Startup on the pc as it cannot be located
    Step 3- I dont understand that option also the startup folder cannot be found
    Step 4- No apps showing under startup on settings
    Step 5- Dont have access to advanced options at all for any apps
    Step 6- Doesn't work.

Thanks for trying

- - - Updated - - -
    @dalchina, Will try the program now and no I have no suitable restore points and also nothing that I am aware of has been updated besides for Windows Updates but nothing major. WIll respond once I try the program.

FTWitachi, Mar 8, 2023
Thema:

select option in startup settings of Surface Go 2

1. select option in startup settings of Surface Go 2 - Similar Threads - select option startup

2. Unable to select option in the advanced startup settings F1-F9

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to select option in the advanced startup settings F1-F9: Hi, I have exact same problem of this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-use-7-f7-or-any-other-keys-to-choose/d2e15c04-8bf9-4a6f-8f3d-c61f46bba2ecI tried these1- changing usb port front back in all areas2- used two keyboards. Note: keyboards...
  3. Unable to select option in the advanced startup settings F1-F9

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to select option in the advanced startup settings F1-F9: Hi, I have exact same problem of this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-use-7-f7-or-any-other-keys-to-choose/d2e15c04-8bf9-4a6f-8f3d-c61f46bba2ecI tried these1- changing usb port front back in all areas2- used two keyboards. Note: keyboards...
  4. Unable to select option in the advanced startup settings F1-F9

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. select option in startup settings of Surface Go 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    select option in startup settings of Surface Go 2: I am trying to select an option in the startup settings but the on screen keyboard not working in that mode and bluetooth connected keyboard can't seem to operate in that mode either. How do I select an option?? Thx...
  6. Cellular Option is missing on Surface Go 2 LTE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cellular Option is missing on Surface Go 2 LTE: Hi There,I bought a Surface Go 2 LTE version several months ago, and from the first day I bought it, I've been using the mobile cellular using my Mobile service provider sim card inserted.But for some reason as I can remember lastly, I turned on the Airplane mode, and turn...
  7. set selective startup to normal startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    set selective startup to normal startup: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Amw9ge5K2qfAc4ecpewnu1YUwU0?e=PpCP9eon selecting normal startupafter restart it back switch into selective startup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-selective-startup-to-normal-startup/4462d18e-c5e1-4939-86d4-7f38755e6759
  8. Surface Go 2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Go 2: Hi I'm hoping someone can help. I have a surface go 2 which is about a week old and i notice that when i charge from below 20% using a surface laptop charger it will only charge upto 30% normally when i leave it overnight. I've run the diagnostics tool and everything...
  9. Surface Go 2, Surface Book 3, Surface Headphones 2 and Surface Earbuds

in Windows 10 News
    Surface Go 2, Surface Book 3, Surface Headphones 2 and Surface Earbuds: Available for preorder today, new Surface devices and accessories are designed to help you work, learn, connect and play from anywhere [ATTACH] The way we work, connect and learn continues to change right in front of us. Our devices have become our window to the world...
  10. Surface GO with WLAN 2 and bluetooth 2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface GO with WLAN 2 and bluetooth 2: I've just recovered My Surface GO via recovery option in settings window. Now my WLAN connection in Network Adapter window appears to be WLAN 2. I tried to rename it to WLAN but the same name already existed. I don't see any connection named WLAN displayed there. The...