Windows 10: Select playback device doesn't change the default communication device.

Discus and support Select playback device doesn't change the default communication device. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I often switch between my headset and the monitor for audio, and while this is simply done for most applications by clicking the volume icon in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Dismistri, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Select playback device doesn't change the default communication device.

I often switch between my headset and the monitor for audio, and while this is simply done for most applications by clicking the volume icon in the taskbar and changing devices, this only changes the default audio device, not the default communication device. This becomes a pain in the ass as i'm always using Discord, and discord uses the default communication device, so I always have to go to Discord's settings and change the device from there. Is there some setting I can change to make this easier, or a registry modification that can change this ?

submitted by /u/Dismistri
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Dismistri, Nov 17, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

How to select default communications device in Windows 10 2004 update?

You'll change / set default communication devices in Playback and Recording tabs, not in Communications tab.

Select playback device doesn't change the default communication device. [​IMG]

3. Different default playback device for each user profile.

Hi hs369258,

Windows 10 has a feature that allows you to select a default sound output. If you want to replace your current audio device, you can select the other audio playback device available on your system and set it as
    default. To do so, follow these steps:

1. Right-click the sound icon in your system tray and click
      Playback Devices.
    2. On the Playback tab, check which device is the default. Then, right-click it then set it to default.

In addition, you can visit this link:
    https://winaero.com/blog/change-default-audio-device-windows-10/
    to perform an alternative option to change your default audio device.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Johann Eva, Nov 18, 2020
  4. Select playback device doesn't change the default communication device.

How to set an app to use Default Communication Device instead of Default Playback device

As I tried to explain, I am not looking for a way to select what device is the Default Communications Device. In the initial two images, the Playback Default Communications Device and the Recording Default Communications Device are as I want them. The
    Default (all other sounds) Device is set to the device I want them.

What I am looking to do is tell an application to use the Default Communication Device instead of the Default Device.

Threeper Bart, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

Select playback device doesn't change the default communication device.

1. Select playback device doesn't change the default communication device. - Similar Threads - Select playback device

2. Change the default device and default communication device, changing it this way only...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change the default device and default communication device, changing it this way only...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/the_frgtn_drgn [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/khugir/change_the_default_device_and_default/
  3. How to select default communications device in Windows 10 2004 update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to select default communications device in Windows 10 2004 update?: [img] I need to select the default communications device so my Ring desktop app works in Windows 10 2004. The sound app in the control panel only allows you to select how to change the volume of sound when using communications. You can no longer select the default...
  4. Selecting playback device does not change audio output

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Selecting playback device does not change audio output: Anytime I want to connect my computer to my headphones, I would have to go into the sound settings to disable speakers such that the audio would play on the headphones, else it would just play on the computer's speakers even though the playback device is shown to be my...
  5. The "Select Playback Device" option in the Sound icon doesn't work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The "Select Playback Device" option in the Sound icon doesn't work: Hi, This little window that appears when you click the Sound icon doesn't work 1 out of 3 times I start Windows, the solution is restarting Windows, which is super annoying. Is this a known bug and is there any solution? [ATTACH] Thanks!...
  6. How to set an app to use Default Communication Device instead of Default Playback device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to set an app to use Default Communication Device instead of Default Playback device: In my Windows 10 system, I have multiple audio devices. Ex: TV as HDMI monitor, USB Speakers, Headset connected to the front panel Headphone/Mic ports. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Most applications use the Default Playback device (currently set to USB Speakers as indicated by the...
  7. Cannot Change Default Playback Device

Cannot Change Default Playback Device: I did a fresh install of windows 10 pro from windows 7 and I'm already starting to hate myself. I open the playback devices tab under sound and click on my Siberia v2 illuminated headset and click set as default device and it does nothing. I can't disable my speakers or...
  8. Line-in doesn't playback in selected Playback device

Line-in doesn't playback in selected Playback device: Here are my "relevant" system specs: CPU: 5960X Motherboard: ASUS Rampage V Extreme This seemed to have worked fine under Windows 7, but it stopped working awhile ago, I "think" about the time I upgraded to Windows 10. My Line-in will not playback any audio through my...
  9. Default communication device on Windows 10

Default communication device on Windows 10: Hello all, The installation of my wavecyclic audio driver on Win 10 makes it the default communication device. This behavior is observed only on win 10, but not on win 8 or 7. Nothing specific is being done on our installer/driver to set it as default communication device....
  10. Default Communications Device not recognized

Default Communications Device not recognized: I have 64-bit version of W10. My assumption is that for communications--send/receive calls--I could use my headphones while letting music play on my external (or laptop) speakers. I play music through Bluetooth connected UE Boom speaker which I have set to my Default...