Windows 10: Select Remove device for 1/5 networked printers on only 1 computer?

Discus and support Select Remove device for 1/5 networked printers on only 1 computer? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is it safe to select Remove device for 1/5 networked printers on only one computer? Where I volunteer I help maintain a computer for volunteers &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MeAndMyComputer, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Select Remove device for 1/5 networked printers on only 1 computer?

Is it safe to select Remove device for 1/5 networked printers on only one computer?

Where I volunteer I help maintain a computer for volunteers & visitors.
    There are 5 networked printers.
    The office wants only 1 of the printers in use from this computer.
    --- The one at the left as the default printer: HP LaserJet Pro MFP M426f-M427f PCL 6

Select Remove device for 1/5 networked printers on only 1 computer? [​IMG]

Is it safe to select Remove device in Control Panels Devices and Printers so that the main office still has normal use of the remaining 4 networked printers?
    --- I want to make sure the other 4 printers are not affected if I select Remove device on only this computer for volunteers & visitors.

:)

MeAndMyComputer, Oct 1, 2018

2. Windows 10 upgrade will not allow access to network printers

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might related to permission to share printer.

I suggest you to remove the network printer and try adding it again and check if it helps

Follow the below steps:

Step 1: Make sure that, the printer is shared on the network in the primary computer.

Step 2: Remove the network printer.

a) Type Devices and printer in the search area on the task bar and select
    Device and Printer.

b) Select the printer and click on
    Remove Device
    button.

Step 3: Restart your system.

Step 4: Add the network printer
    again.

Device and Printer.

b) Click on Add Printer.

c) Let Windows scan for the printer and if detected select the printer and click Next. If the
    printer is not listed click "The printer that I want isn't listed" and skip to add printer by name or TCP/IP address.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Oct 1, 2018
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

topgundcp, Oct 1, 2018
  4. Select Remove device for 1/5 networked printers on only 1 computer?

Network Connections between two computers with Windows 10 Home

Hello Isaya,

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. We'll certainly assist you with this.

This issue might related to permission to share printer.

I suggest you to remove the network printer and try adding it again and check if it helps

Follow the below steps:

Step 1: Make sure that, the printer is shared on the network in the primary computer.

Step 2: Remove the network printer.

Device and Printer.

b) Select the printer and click on
    Remove Device
    button.

Step 3: Restart your system.

Step 4: Add the network printer
    again.

Device and Printer.

b) Click on Add Printer.

c) Let Windows scan for the printer and if detected select the printer and click Next. If the
    printer is not listed click "The printer that I want isn't listed" and skip to add printer by name or TCP/IP address.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

Select Remove device for 1/5 networked printers on only 1 computer?

1. Select Remove device for 1/5 networked printers on only 1 computer? - Similar Threads - Select Remove device

2. supporting 2 networks on 1 computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    supporting 2 networks on 1 computer: I have a new computer running windows 11 with a regular 1GB nic and a 10GB sfp+. I have installed BLUEIRIS camera software on this computer. It will be a dedicated camera server, supporting 20 or more 4k 25FPS cameras. I hope to be able to isolate the cameras from the rest of...
  3. High Latency on only 1 device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Latency on only 1 device: Hello, for the last couple of days i have been unable to play any games that rely on internet connection based on the quality on my experience playing them. I have done multiple different speed-tests and i found my speed slowly going up to its normally levels then jumping...
  4. High Latency on only 1 device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High Latency on only 1 device: Hello, for the last couple of days i have been unable to play any games that rely on internet connection based on the quality on my experience playing them. I have done multiple different speed-tests and i found my speed slowly going up to its normally levels then jumping...
  5. Only 1 device is slow on a WiFi, but is fast on other networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Only 1 device is slow on a WiFi, but is fast on other networks: Greetings, I have a very strange issue with my laptop. It is a fresh install of windows with the latest updates. The problem is that when connected to my home WiFi I cannot get more than 15-20 mbps speeds. Other devices get the full 90-100. At first I thought that it is...
  6. Only 1 Mapped Network Drive?

Only 1 Mapped Network Drive?: I'm noticing that I'm only able to map one network drive to my backup storage (it's a portable drive connected to a router). If I want to connect with another user, I have to disconnect the current connection, otherwise I get a message "Access is denied". Is there a way to...
  7. Only 1 of 2 printer displays as a printer Selection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Only 1 of 2 printer displays as a printer Selection: I have 2 printers on my network however only one is showing as a selection when I want to print for example an email. I can go into setup and successfully send test prints from both printers. I even made the one that won't display my default. But it still won't display....
  8. Computer 1 visible to network but network not visible to Computer 1

Computer 1 visible to network but network not visible to Computer 1: I have a simple home network with multiple devices connected to it. On the network I have have several external hard drives connected thru my ASUS router. These hard drives are visible to all computers on the network with the exception of a laptop running Windows 10. All...
  9. Only 1 of 5 systems display in NETWORK...?

Only 1 of 5 systems display in NETWORK...?: Hello, We have 5 Win10 systems on our office network all are V.1803 Build 17134.112, and all have shared resources. If, I click on NETWORK on one of the systems, only one other system displays. But, if I enter any of the 4 other systems by name on the address line, all of...
  10. Only 1 WiFi network

Only 1 WiFi network: Hi. So I got myself an ASUS wifi dongle. I have 3 different router networks at my place (and like 7 visible naighbour networks visible on my phone/laptop), but I can only see 1 network on my win10. Is there any way to force a wifi-search and see what is going on since...