Windows 10: Select sound for video conferencing with Windows 10

Discus and support Select sound for video conferencing with Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello I want to enable sound for video conferencing. Besides my monitor, the playback devices are Speakers which is selected and Digital Output ready.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PollyBanfield, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Select sound for video conferencing with Windows 10

Hello I want to enable sound for video conferencing. Besides my monitor, the playback devices are Speakers which is selected and Digital Output ready. Can I assume that if I select Digital Output, then that will solve my problems? If so, how do I select this, and then how do I turn it off and reselect Speakers?

:)

PollyBanfield, Apr 8, 2020

2. Anyone else have no sound after installing Windows 10 build 10240?

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.

Do you get sound with basic windows drivers?

I suggest you try the following steps:

Follow the steps mentioned below:

• Right on the start icon and click on device manager

• Expand Sound video and Gaming , Select the Audio adapter, right click on un-install.

• Restart the computer.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Apr 8, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Sound Problem

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1

Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2

I suggest you to try updating the Sound drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the sound driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Sound, Video and Game Controllers’.
    • Right-click on the Sound device listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    Method 3: Uninstall and reinstall the Sound driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Sound drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Sound drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Sound, Video and Game Controllers.
    • Right-click on the Audio devices listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and sound drivers.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Giridhar J, Apr 8, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Select sound for video conferencing with Windows 10

Streaming video, sound adjust automatically

Hi Dannowa12,

Corrupted or outdated drivers may be the possible reason why the sound adjusted automatically. To efficiently assist you, kindly answer the following questions below:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Does this happen only when streaming videos?

In the meantime, I suggest you follow these methods to troubleshoot your laptop:

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • Change View by from Category to Small Icons/Large Icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Select Hardware and Devices and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: I suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot sound problems.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

Select sound for video conferencing with Windows 10

1. Select sound for video conferencing with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Select sound video

2. Video Conferencing Buffering Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video Conferencing Buffering Issues: When using Teams and Zoom I get buffering issues I can speak for 10 seconds then the screen freezes for a second, then iI can speak/listen again for another 10 seconds and so it repeats itself. I have tried the following:Replacing the broadband hubRe-installing TeamsClearing...
  3. Video Conferencing Buffering Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video Conferencing Buffering Issues: When using Teams and Zoom I get buffering issues I can speak for 10 seconds then the screen freezes for a second, then iI can speak/listen again for another 10 seconds and so it repeats itself. I have tried the following:Replacing the broadband hubRe-installing TeamsClearing...
  4. Video Conferencing Buffering Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD while video conferencing

BSOD while video conferencing: My laptop, Asus VivoBook X542U, Windows 10 Pro, crashes BSOD while I video conference. This happens on Zoom and also on Microsoft Teams. Sometimes it happens the minute I enter the meeting. Other times it doesn't crash at all. But usually, it crashes after 20-30 minutes into...
  6. Audio crashes with Zoom/video conferencing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio crashes with Zoom/video conferencing: Using a new HP Envy laptop with AMD Ryzen processor. While using video conference service like Zoom but not only Zoom, the audio crashes partway through speakers and microphone "not found". Typically Windows freezes and computer must be restarted. It happens often on video...
  7. How To Use Zoom App (video Conferencing)?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How To Use Zoom App (video Conferencing)?: [IMG] submitted by /u/Revick_net [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gbhl8x/how_to_use_zoom_app_video_conferencing/
  8. BSOD with video conferencing

BSOD with video conferencing: Since this week I have had several BSOD while videoconferencing. It has happened with the Skype app, Skype for business in the browser, Zoom, andJitsi. I have tried with apps and with browsers with only one tab and it still happens. The % CPU use gets high around 40% for...
  9. Simplest & quickest video conferencing option ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Simplest & quickest video conferencing option ?: Really struggling to find something to replace the original excellent Skype now that Microsoft has gone and messed it all up with non stop crashes and so on. I've tried a few but none of them are as simple and straightforward as the old Skype used to be, so any suggestions...
  10. Setting PC Up For Video Conferencing ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting PC Up For Video Conferencing ?: Hello, This is a bit off of what I usually ask here, but have gotten such great advice in the past, let me take the liberty of asking for some help with this. Son has to have a "video conference" with his Instructor for a new Course he is taking. Neither him, or I, have...