Windows 10: Select which Icons appear on Taskbar - Contains multiple duplicates

Discus and support Select which Icons appear on Taskbar - Contains multiple duplicates in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I seem to have multiple entries for multiple processes in the Windows 10 area "Select which Icons appear on Taskbar". I was thinking about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Vanight, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Vanight Win User

Select which Icons appear on Taskbar - Contains multiple duplicates

Hello,

I seem to have multiple entries for multiple processes in the Windows 10 area "Select which Icons appear on Taskbar". I was thinking about trying CCleaner to fix this, but if anyone knows the specific registry entries that need to be deleted and/or flags that need to be set, I would really like to understand where this data is cached before running any batch files or utilities.

Please see PicPic attached:

Select which Icons appear on Taskbar - Contains multiple duplicates [​IMG]

:)

Vanight, Sep 4, 2016

2. "Select which icons appear on taskbar" (Uninstalled Applications Still Showing Here?)

It's in this registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\TrayNotify

Delete the two values namely "IconStreams" and "PastIconsStream"

For best results, right-click Taskbar, click Exit Explorer. Open Task Manager, launch regedit.exe and do as above. Then start a new instance of explorer.exe

For a script to automate the task, check out
    How to Clear Customize Notifications (System Tray) Icons in Windows?

Ramesh Srinivasan, Sep 4, 2016
  3. "Select which icons appear on taskbar" (Uninstalled Applications Still Showing Here?)

I recently uninstalled an application, and it's still showing up in "Select which icons appear on taskbar".

Is there a way to reset this? Or otherwise manually remove the entry? Where is the entry hiding?

Using Windows 10.

;]

Thanks for any tips...

lameduck123, Sep 4, 2016
Thema:

Select which Icons appear on Taskbar - Contains multiple duplicates

1. Select which Icons appear on Taskbar - Contains multiple duplicates - Similar Threads - Select Icons appear

2. Uninstalled programs showing in "Select which icons appear on the taskbar" list

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Uninstalled programs showing in "Select which icons appear on the taskbar" list: This is a relatively minor issue, but it's bugging the hell out of me. - Did a "reset" of a lenovo laptop, Mcafee livesafe is one of the pre-installed apps. - I uninstalled Livesafe from the standard windows 10 uninstall menu. It has left behind the option to disable /...
  3. Command line to get "select which icons appear on the taskbar"

in Windows 10 Support
    Command line to get "select which icons appear on the taskbar": Hi, In windows 10, if i run : ms-settings:taskbar i get the taskbar settings I wish to get the screen : "select which icons appear on the taskbar" Any way ? Thank you so much! 131746
  4. Command line to get "select which icons appear on the taskbar"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Command line to get "select which icons appear on the taskbar": Hi, In windows 10, if i run : ms-settings:taskbar i get the taskbar settings I wish to get the screen : "select which icons appear on the taskbar" Any way ? Thank you so much! 131746
  5. Select which icon appear on the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Select which icon appear on the Taskbar: I have already uninstalled an app. But option 'on/off' for that application is not removed from setting 'Select which icon appear on the Taskbar'. That should be removed after uninstallation. But still showing. Please inform me how to remove that option from Setting. All apps...
  6. Select which icons appear on the taskbar blank Icon's

in Windows 10 Support
    Select which icons appear on the taskbar blank Icon's: Hello. I have one question, sorry for my english... is not to good *Sad. I have windows 10 and recently y clean my taskbar icons with the .reg posted in this site. My question is: Is normal that when i don't have or use a program in the taskbar the icon show in blank...
  7. Old entries still appear on "SELECT WHICH ICONS APPEAR ON THE TASKBAR"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Old entries still appear on "SELECT WHICH ICONS APPEAR ON THE TASKBAR": Hi folks, First time posting here. Hopefully one of you registry whiz-kids can help me out. Basically, I know it's a little thing, but it's certainly bothered me enough to set up an account here at TenForums. I'm something of a neatness freak, y'know. So, if you go...
  8. Notification area "Select which icons appear on taskbar" not saving

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification area "Select which icons appear on taskbar" not saving: Hi. Does anyone else have this problem? I turn off the "always show all icons" and customize what I want to be shown. I don't like clutter, so I like hiding a lot of the systray crap. Almost every time I reboot though, the "always show all icons" has automagically became...
  9. Problem with "Select Which Icons Appear On Taskbar"

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with "Select Which Icons Appear On Taskbar": This question has been asked before, "I have a question, under "Start Menu -> Settings -> Notifications & actions -> Select icons which appear on the taskbar", how does one do maintenance on the list so it only shows items that are currently installed as it seems uninstalled...
  10. Shortcut to "select which icons appear on the taskbar"

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut to "select which icons appear on the taskbar": My challenge is that I'm running a program that refuses to retain it's taskbar setting to always show. So, everytime I reboot, I have to go to "System\Notifications & actions\Select which icons appear on the taskbar" and find the program (it's Choicemail) and toggle on the...