Windows 10: Selected boot image did not authenticate message on Windows 10

Discus and support Selected boot image did not authenticate message on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When using UEFI, at some point if you receive an error screen saying — Selected boot image did not authenticate, then it means UEFI is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 24, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Selected boot image did not authenticate message on Windows 10

WinClub, May 24, 2019
  2. ErinCoop Win User

HP Stream, Error Message "Selected boot image did not authenticate."

I am having the same problem as the poster. Black screen with blue error message appears "selected boot image did not authenticate" and pressing F2, F9, F10, F11 or the drive elements button doesn't do anything at all. No new screens come up or different
    error messages. I've done the hard reset many many times. I've unplugged the hard drive and started the computer up and it automatically brings up a diagnostic on the black screen from F2 saying I need to connect a hard drive but won't allow me to bring up
    any other screens. I've reset the memory modules as well. Won't leave the black screen with blue error message to enter into safe mode either.

I have a HP 2000-2d10NR Notebook PC with Windows 10

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

ErinCoop, May 24, 2019
  3. HP Stream, Error Message "Selected boot image did not authenticate."

Hi Shawnita,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

• What is the make and model of your system?
    • When exactly are you facing this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the system prior to this issue?
    Initially, I suggest you to start your computer in safe mode with Networking and check if the issue appears there as well.

Method 1: Safe Mode with Networking

Safe mode is a diagnostic mode that starts your computer in a limited state. Only the basic files and drivers necessary to run Windows are started.

Refer the article below:

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Method 2: Let us try to disable secure boot and enable Legacy Boot mode.

Follow the steps provided below to disable secure boot:

• Completely shut down the laptop.

• Power on the system. As soon as the first logo screen appears, immediately press
      Delete to enter the BIOS.

• Use the right arrow key to select Authentication.

• With Secure Boot highlighted, press Enter and then the down arrow to select
      Disabled.

• Use the right arrow key to select Boot Options.

• With Launch CSM highlighted, press
      Enter and use the down arrow to select Always.

• Press Enter.

• Press the F10 key to save changes and restart the system.
    Disclaimer: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems
    resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

ThofikhAhamad, May 24, 2019
  4. Selected boot image did not authenticate message on Windows 10

HP Stream, Error Message "Selected boot image did not authenticate."

Original Title: HP Stream

Error Message "Selected boot image did not authenticate."

What do I do in this situation? Cannot Press Any Keys. Pressing F9 & F10 doesn't work , Pressing delete doesn't work ,

ShawnitaHarrison, May 24, 2019
Thema:

Selected boot image did not authenticate message on Windows 10

1. Selected boot image did not authenticate message on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Selected boot image

2. Laptop won't startup, Message displayed "Selected boot image did not Authenticate. Press...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop won't startup, Message displayed "Selected boot image did not Authenticate. Press...: Laptop won't startup, Message displayed "Selected boot image did not Authenticate. Press <enter> to Continue. I Created a "Windows 10 installation media" thumb drive can't get vit to fix problem....
  3. Laptop won't startup, Message displayed "Selected boot image did not Authenticate. Press...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop won't startup, Message displayed "Selected boot image did not Authenticate. Press...: Laptop won't startup, Message displayed "Selected boot image did not Authenticate. Press <enter> to Continue. I Created a "Windows 10 installation media" thumb drive can't get vit to fix problem....
  4. Laptop won't startup, Message displayed "Selected boot image did not Authenticate. Press...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. "Reboot and select proper boot device" message after BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Reboot and select proper boot device" message after BSOD: I was using my computer when a BSOD popped up out of nowhere with the message "Registry_error", windows restarted and worked well for 3 minutes before another blue screen appeared, this time the message was "Critical_process_died".This happened 2 more times, windows crashed...
  6. Random BSOD followed by "select proper boot device" message

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD followed by "select proper boot device" message: My pc crashes and shows a blue screen showing the stop code: critical process died very rarely some other codes and after rebooting it shows "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key " and not allow me to do anything...
  7. windows 10 bad image message?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 bad image message?: I had installed the AMD Radeon HD 6450 and about 2 minutes later an error named 'Windows - Bad Image' came up with the text 'as the picture'. I've never seen this error before and I don't even know what it means as I'm no technical computer wizard so what should I do?...
  8. Select a certificate for authentication pop up

in Windows 10 Support
    Select a certificate for authentication pop up: Hello everyone, I'm new here, I am looking for a solution for the attached pop up: [img] I keep cancelling and it keeps coming back every few hours and even appears to block internet access. In case the attachment is not visible it says: Windows Security Select a...
  9. Trying to install Windows 10 and getting message " reboot and select proper boot device or...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to install Windows 10 and getting message " reboot and select proper boot device or...: Hi, I am trying to install w10 on new SSD and getting message reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot boot media in selected boot devic and press a key. i have boot usb as well as boot cd and in the bios set up order is set to usb first and cd rom second but...
  10. Windows 10 slideshow. want to select images, not folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 slideshow. want to select images, not folders: I looked around a bit and could not find an answer to my question. When making a slideshow in Windows 10 for the lock screen and the desktop background can you select individual images from folders instead of selecting an entire folder? Win 7 could do this and i used it and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 install selected boot image did not Authenticate

2. windows 10 cannot authenticate boot image