Windows 10: Selected Power plan is inconsistent between new and old interfaces.

Discus and support Selected Power plan is inconsistent between new and old interfaces. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Selected power mode better battery in task bar battery settings does not match with power plan in Control Panel Power Options and Windows Mobility... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by TomatoSanta, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Selected Power plan is inconsistent between new and old interfaces.

Selected power mode better battery in task bar battery settings does not match with power plan in Control Panel Power Options and Windows Mobility Center Battery Status balanced.

Is this a bug or known issue?

Should I also change the old interfaces separately to "power saver" to achieve the desired result?

Windows 10 Pro 1909 Build 18363.1256

:)

TomatoSanta, Jan 20, 2021
  2. John Fer Win User

Power plan?

Upon checking, it seems that there's nothing wrong with your system. It is usual that you have to double-click your mouse before your monitor wakes up.

For the meantime, we suggest changing the power plan by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type in Power Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, choose Additional power settings.
    • Select High performance.

After changing the power plan, we suggest that you monitor the changes made and check if that will work for you.

Get back to us if you need further help.

John Fer, Jan 20, 2021
  3. Karla Alm Win User
    How do I delete a power plan?

Hi Harold,

For step by step instructions on how to delete a power plan, follow these:

• Click Start menu.
    • Type Power Options.
    • Click Show additional plans.
    • Choose an additional plan then click Change plan settings.
    • Select Cancel. (Customized power plan will be move to the additional plans.)
    • Click Change plan settings beside your customized power plan.
    • You will see the option Delete this plan in the Edit Plan Settings.
    • Select OK to confirm the deletion.

Should you need further help, let us know.

Thanks.

Karla Alm, Jan 20, 2021
  4. Geethu B Win User

Selected Power plan is inconsistent between new and old interfaces.

Power plans automatically changing

Hi Jonah,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with power plans.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to incorrect Power settings. Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

Let’s run the power troubleshooter and check if that helps.

a. Press Windows key on the keyboard.

b. In the search box, type Troubleshooting and press
    Enter.

c. Click on ‘System and Security’ and click on ‘Power’ click on next to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to
    restore the power plans to default and check if it helps.

Step 1: Reset and restore the power plans to default:

• Right-click on
      Start button
      and click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• In the command prompt, type powercfg –restoredefaultschemes
      and hit Enter.

• Exit command prompt.
    Note: This would reset the power plan settings to default. Any customized power plans are would be removed.

Step 2:

Once the power plan is reset to default, you may create a
    new power plan
    and customize the same according to your needs.

Refer to the link:

Power plans: Frequently asked questions

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/power-plans-faq

Note: Applies to Windows 10.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

Selected Power plan is inconsistent between new and old interfaces.

1. Selected Power plan is inconsistent between new and old interfaces. - Similar Threads - Selected Power plan

2. Can't create ultimate power plan because unable to create new power plan

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't create ultimate power plan because unable to create new power plan: Hi! I have a problem in my windows 10 computer. I can't create ultimate performance in my PC because it say "Unable to create a new power scheme The power scheme, subgroup or setting specified does not exist."I have try to download Ultimate_Performance.pow too, it say...
  3. Power plans

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power plans: I tried all different solutions but nothing worked.I downloaded the pow files and nothing worked.I tried these codes:powercfg -duplicatescheme 8c5e7fda-e8bf-4a96-9a85-a6e23a8c635cpowercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61powercfg -duplicatescheme...
  4. Power Plans

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Power Plans: I updated my laptop to windows 10 2004 version and all my powerplans are missing. Please help submitted by /u/Caratecat [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/idb06t/power_plans/
  5. power plan

power plan: pls. help to set my window power plan to high performance level, since computer is running slow and always got jammed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-plan/350c8da4-a351-430a-bd97-62c8ee82c948
  6. Power Plans

Power Plans: I've noticed that my fan is constantly running on high lately even when I have no apps or programs open. I went into the battery setting in order to change my power plan and there is only balanced. What's going on and is there another way to fix this issue?...
  7. Power Plan

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power Plan: My power plan only has the balanced one and I can't figure out how to get the high performance one. I went into create a power plan but it wasn't there also. Any way I can get the high performance plan?...
  8. Power Plans

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power Plans: Why are the power plans gone? It's very valuable to me, to set my power plans by click on the little battery icon, in the lower right of what I think is the "Taskbar". I set it to high performance to play games when it's plugged in, and economy mode for longer battery life,...
  9. Power Plans

Power Plans: I recently did a Fresh Start on my HP laptop as I was having issues with Windows Defender and my computer was running slow despite my best efforts to fix it. The install solved the problems I was having with Windows Defender and speed but I have been having issues with the...
  10. Power Plan

Power Plan: Why isn't my power plan available? I attemted to increase the time before the PC sleeps, but it seems to default to 10 minutes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-plan/f2cab0f8-1715-4975-bc19-bfe1a3b62db5