Windows 10: Selecting FAST STARTUP in windows 10 1909 power options

Discus and support Selecting FAST STARTUP in windows 10 1909 power options in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I cannot work out how to get my laptop to work properly with the sleep options since updating to 1909. I want to close the lid so it goes into sleep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Cute Lilly, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Selecting FAST STARTUP in windows 10 1909 power options

I cannot work out how to get my laptop to work properly with the sleep options since updating to 1909. I want to close the lid so it goes into sleep mode so that when I open the laptop lid the next time it loads straight away and also I want the fast startup option as well. Currently I have the power buttons set to SLEEP for power and battery but the FAST STARTUP is greyed out so when ever I open the lid I have to press the power button to load so obviously I am missing something in that screen that has to be changed. Can anyone offer any assistance with this dribble as I have no other way to explain it.

Many thanks

Cute Lilly

:)

Cute Lilly, Jan 21, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

power option does not show "turn on fast startup"

Hi,

Please follow the methods mentioned below:

Method 1: I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the left pane, click on
      View All.
    • Click on Power to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: If the above method doesn’t help, I would suggest you to
    reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back with their default settings. Follow the steps.

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg -restoredefaultschemes, and then press
      ENTER.
    • At the command prompt, type exit to exit the Command Prompt window.
    • Restart the computer and check with the issue.
    Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance.

Yaqub K, Jan 21, 2020
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jan 21, 2020
  4. Selecting FAST STARTUP in windows 10 1909 power options

Turn off Fast Startup

Hi Michel,

Please take note that you must be signed in as an Administrator to be able to turn fast startup on or off. Fast startup requires that
    hibernate be enabled. If you disable hibernate, then it will also disable fast startup.

Steps on how to manually turn off the Fast Startup

• Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click on the
      Power Options
      icon.
    • Click/tap on the Choose what the power buttons do link on the left side
    • Click/tap on the Change settings that are currently unavailable link at the top
    • If prompted by UAC, click/tap on Yes
    If the option for turning off the Fast Startup is not available, then changing the registry key maybe required.

Note: Please note that configuring Registry key requires extra care as it might cause another issue with your system.

• Type RegEdit in the search field on your Task bar
      and open the Registry tool.On the left pane of the Registry window, locate
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Power.
    • On the right pane of the said location, check if the HiberbootEnabled
      is available. If not, we need to create it by clicking the right key of the mouse, select New
      and click on DWORD (32 bit) Value.
    • Replace it with the word HiberbootEnabled under Name
      column.Data value must be zero (0) that will represent as the Fast Startup is turned off.
    • Restart the computer for the changes to take effect.

Steps on how to disable UAC in Windows 10

• Type UAC in the search field on your Task bar. (If the search field isn't visible, right-click the
      Start button and choose Search.)
    • Click Change User Account Control settings in the search results.
    • To turn UAC off, drag the slider down to Never notify and click
      OK.
    • You may be prompted to confirm your selection or enter an administrator password.
    • Reboot your computer for the changes to take effect.

We look forward to your response.

Kerwin Lee, Jan 21, 2020
Thema:

Selecting FAST STARTUP in windows 10 1909 power options

1. Selecting FAST STARTUP in windows 10 1909 power options - Similar Threads - Selecting FAST STARTUP

2. Fast startup option is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fast startup option is missing: Hello the option is missingI assume that's because i turned off hibernate via cmd using command powercfg /hibernate offDoes that mean fast startup is on or off?...
  3. Fast startup option is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fast startup option is missing: Hello the option is missingI assume that's because i turned off hibernate via cmd using command powercfg /hibernate offDoes that mean fast startup is on or off?...
  4. Turn on Fast Startup option is missing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Turn on Fast Startup option is missing in Windows 10: [ATTACH]On Windows 10, the Fast Startup is a built-in feature that is designed to start up your computer faster after the shutdown. This option is by default enabled and saves your valuable time from being wasted. But recently, some users reported missing this feature after...
  5. Windows Fast startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Fast startup: HI, My name is Sumiyuru and I have a problem about fast startup feature, By default my computer had the fast startup feature, and it worked fine but one day when I tried to shutdown it only made the screen black and went to lock screen, As I looked into web suggestions it...
  6. Fast Startup doesn't break power cycle

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fast Startup doesn't break power cycle: Enabling Fast Startup in the Control Panel or, indeed, leaving it enabled as per default caused my PC to not reset uptime on shutdowns, only on restarts. I checked with Task Manager, which is often reporting multiple days of uptime directly after the system boots. What are...
  7. Where is the Fast Startup option in Windows 20H2 update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where is the Fast Startup option in Windows 20H2 update?: It is completely missing submitted by /u/tonyromero [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k9wf9w/where_is_the_fast_startup_option_in_windows_20h2/
  8. Windows 10 1909 ignoring power options?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 1909 ignoring power options?: Hi all, i have got windows 10 on my laptop and i limited cpu frequency to 3.4ghz (instead of 4ghz) and i also set maximum processor frequency to 85% giving me the same result, originally i had no issue of this until 1903 came out which ruined this! After alot of googling i...
  9. Fast startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast startup: I tend to leave windows 10 mostly at default settings. So I keep fast start up enabled on my desktop. I do have an SSD but it is convenient and shaves a few seconds of reboot i guess. However I want to know whether it relies on a power source? What I mean by this is, is my pc...
  10. No option to disable Fast Startup

in Windows 10 Support
    No option to disable Fast Startup: All of the guides I have seen say that to disable Fast Startup you should: - Settings | System | Power & Sleep - Additional Power Settings - Choose what the power buttons do Then under "Shut down settings" there should be a tick box - but I dont have it. Screenshot:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1909 fast startup

2. win10 1909 USB selective suspend

3. fast boot disabling in windows 10 1909