Windows 10: Selecting File name extensions or hidden files and folder no longer works windows 10

Discus and support Selecting File name extensions or hidden files and folder no longer works windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Selecting File name extensions or hidden files and folder no longer works windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TimScholl1, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Selecting File name extensions or hidden files and folder no longer works windows 10

Selecting File name extensions or hidden files and folder no longer works windows 10

:)

TimScholl1, Dec 9, 2018
  2. WojtasRed Win User

Hidden folders

I installed `Kane and Lynch` on my PC twice in Program Files(x86) folder but I can`t find them (2 folders with game). But free space on my HDD is lower. So there`re those folders on my hdd. I use option `unhide` hidden folders but still can`t find them. Any suggestions? How can i delete those hidden folders?

When I run istallation for this game I can see those folders in Program Files(x86) folde.

I`m using Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

WojtasRed, Dec 9, 2018
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Protecting files on a USB stick?

Even if you restrict access to read only, they can still copy the program. Read access is all copy needs.

My suggestion for simplicity is to create a small file on the drive and mark it hidden as well as marking it a system file, so even if they turn hidden files on the file won't show up. Put this file in a separate folder that is also marked as system, name the folder something random and windows important sounding. So even if they do find it, they won't know what it is and should ignore it. Then make the main program check for the file on execution and exit if the file isn't on the flash drive.

This should fool 90% of people unless they are pretty computer literate.

newtekie1, Dec 9, 2018
  4. dark2099 Win User

Selecting File name extensions or hidden files and folder no longer works windows 10

Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, Dec 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Selecting File name extensions or hidden files and folder no longer works windows 10 - Similar Threads - Selecting File name

2. Unable to Uncheck Show hidden files and File name extensions.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to Uncheck Show hidden files and File name extensions.: I can't disable/uncheck show hidden files and file name extensions.I've tried registry editor method , but it keeps check itself when i try to see hidden files again.I've seen someone discovering the same issue with me, but they're using bitdefender. Im using malwarebytes...
  3. Cannot delete file no extension name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot delete file no extension name: Hello,I have been trying to delete a file but every time I try it says it is no longer located in that directory and thus it cannot be deleted. This file was created by me a while ago while I was trying to save a link to a website on my desktop, but now it will not let me...
  4. Cannot delete file no extension name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot delete file no extension name: Hello,I have been trying to delete a file but every time I try it says it is no longer located in that directory and thus it cannot be deleted. This file was created by me a while ago while I was trying to save a link to a website on my desktop, but now it will not let me...
  5. Cannot delete file no extension name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. How to change Copy name extension for Files and Folders in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Copy name extension for Files and Folders in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]In Windows 11, the method to Cut, Copy, Paste, Rename, Delete, Share Files and Folders remains the same as in Windows 10 – but these files/folders operation commands can be accessed via the Show more options context menu. In this post, we will show you how to change...
  7. Changing a file's extension: disabling the "If you change a file name extension, the file...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing a file's extension: disabling the "If you change a file name extension, the file...: Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19042.867] is there a registry key to get rid of it now ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-a-files-extension-disabling-the-if-you/dc219745-91fb-4c6b-9821-76fa22cf20c9
  8. file name selection dropdown

in Cortana
    file name selection dropdown: i know this isnt hyper specific but im having trouble with a file selection related issue its hard to put into words but its something like this i would be on discord uploading a file i would type in this box the first couple letters of a file name and it would pop up with...
  9. Selecting a file by starting to type its name... No longer an option?

in Windows 10 Support
    Selecting a file by starting to type its name... No longer an option?: In Windows 7, and before, in Explorer, I could start to type a name of a file that I wanted and Explorer would jump down to that file, but under Windows 10, it automatically starts doing a search of the folder. As such, I am forced to scroll down and find the file manually....
  10. Hide or Show File Name Extensions in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show File Name Extensions in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show File Name Extensions in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show File Name Extensions in Windows 10 A file name extension is a set of characters added to the end of a file name that determine which app should open it. By default, File Explorer hides file name...