Windows 10: selecting files to delete w10

Discus and support selecting files to delete w10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there a program to select some files from different folders. As in select 2 files from folder a1 and some files from folder a2 and so on. I know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by red61, Apr 1, 2021.

1. red61 Win User

selecting files to delete w10

Is there a program to select some files from different folders. As in select 2 files from folder a1 and some files from folder a2 and so on. I know about copywhiz which I use to copy and paste files but i want to delete them. The reason is when I delete files from a usb the computer takes its time and hangs on 99% deleted or copied. Then it takes ages to go to each folder and delete them.

Ps. I have tried all the fixes for hanging usb's, but it has happened to all my usb's and my last two pc's and three mb's.

Win10-20h1.

:)

red61, Apr 1, 2021
  2. Ferdz Amp Win User

Unable to delete temporary files

Hi Sumit,

Looks like you are running out of storage space, let's walk you through the steps of running
    Disc cleanup for your Windows 10 device.

To delete temporary files, kindly follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    • Type in Disc cleanup and press Enter.
    • Under Files to delete, select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.
    • Select OK.

If you need to free up more space, you can also delete system files:

• Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    • Type in Disc cleanup and press Enter.
    • In Disk cleanup, select Clean up system files.
    • Select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.
    • Select OK.

If the suggestions above didn't work, feel free to post back so we can further troubleshoot.

Ferdz Amp, Apr 1, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Delete and Cut Files with Preview Pane Open

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Have you tried to delete the pdf file in preview panel?
    • What exactly happens when try to delete the pdf file?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.

• Select View and click on preview panel.

• Select the pdf file.

• At the right corner you will be able to see preview panel.

• You can right click on it and delete the files.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Apr 1, 2021
  4. Iacopo86 Win User

Accidentaly Deleted W10 Update Files

Hey, thanks for the replies.

I tried all the suggested steps but still no downloads running for W10.

I think I'll sleep and check again tomorrow morning.

Thanks!

Iacopo86, Apr 1, 2021
Thema:

1. selecting files to delete w10 - Similar Threads - selecting files delete

2. Recycle bin permanently deleting files even if option not selected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recycle bin permanently deleting files even if option not selected.: When I drag an item to the recycle bin, I am asked I selected the option if I want it permanently deleted. I checked the properties of the bin and for the local disk, I selected 'Custom size' instead of 'Don't move files to Recycle bin. Remove file immediately when deleted'...
  3. Recycle bin permanently deleting files even if option not selected.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recycle bin permanently deleting files even if option not selected.: When I drag an item to the recycle bin, I am asked I selected the option if I want it permanently deleted. I checked the properties of the bin and for the local disk, I selected 'Custom size' instead of 'Don't move files to Recycle bin. Remove file immediately when deleted'...
  4. Renaming Files Selects/Deletes Entire Filename

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Renaming Files Selects/Deletes Entire Filename: This problem has bugs the He__ out of me. When renaming a file or folder in Windows 10 file explorer, I click on the filename and while I am adding a word, or number and as I'm typing, Windows automatically re-selects the entire filename, which, of course when I type another...
  5. deleting my user account by selecting keep my files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    deleting my user account by selecting keep my files: I have deleted my user account and selected the option, keep my files it said that a folder will be there and all my files will be there. when i made the new account no file was there. all my important pics and programs. all my university data has been wiped away but it is...
  6. Files selection

Files selection: Something changed with Windows and is really bugging me. I usually have my folders under list view - when selecting files, the area of the highlighted files are much wider than previously see picture below. Does anyone know how to get the old file selection back?? Thank...
  7. Can't delete Temporary Internet Files in W10

Can't delete Temporary Internet Files in W10: Windows 10 tells me that my disk space is getting low on my C: drive. And it is. 120MB according to File Explorer. So I went to Settings|System|Storage|Free up space now. The scan there found 1.90GB in Temporary Internet Files. I clicked Remove Files, and after some...
  8. How to securely delete selected files in the Recycle.bin ...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to securely delete selected files in the Recycle.bin ...: ... without 3rd party software? (these words didn't fit in the thread title anymore) I am not so keen on installing 3rd party software if a Windows native solution is available. When files are still 'outside' the Recycle.bin I can securely delete them using an option within...
  9. W10 File History not backing up selected folders

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    W10 File History not backing up selected folders: Been having trouble with my WD external drive backup s/w, it keeps losing track of its external drive, so I decided to simply try using W10 File History to manage things. First, I have installed a SSD and migrated my OS there (as C:/), then formatted and set up all libraries...
  10. Selectively Delete Cookies

in Browsers and Email
    Selectively Delete Cookies: I am getting "Access Denied" when I try to get into my Capital One checking account using Internet Explorer 11. Capital One says to use a different browser or delete cookies. Can I delete cookies just for that one website? Thanks, cb 102645