Windows 10: Selecting GPU drop down list missing Graphics Settings

Discus and support Selecting GPU drop down list missing Graphics Settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just upgraded to 21h1 to get manually choose my integrated CPU graphics for a game, sadly that drop down box list is missing under System>Right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Pagefile'sys, Aug 12, 2021.

1. Selecting GPU drop down list missing Graphics Settings

I just upgraded to 21h1 to get manually choose my integrated CPU graphics for a game, sadly that drop down box list is missing under System>Right panel>down below>Graphics Settings. There is only two options Windows gave me such as power saving and high performance. I want to choose exact GPU for my game, I learned a Windows 10 upgrade/update provides that drop down list so user can select either real gpu or cpu graphics. Which windows 10 version have this feature? I already wasted hours downloading and installing 2004 and not having that drop down list is frustating and annoying, wha

:)

Pagefile'sys, Aug 12, 2021
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Select Primary Graphics Adapter

Hi Michail, try the steps below, depending on the make of your graphics card

For nVIdia graphics cards:

Open the Nvidia Control Panel. You can do this by right-clicking on the desktop or you can find the option within the notification area of the Taskbar.

Select Manage 3D Settings under 3D Settings.

Click on the Program Settings tab and select the program you want to choose a graphics card for from the drop down list.

Select the 'preferred graphics processor' in the drop down list (you can see what the automatic option is listed as global setting). If you want to use the dedicated graphics card, select High-performance Nvidia processor

For ATI/AMD graphics cards the process varies.

Open the control center in the same way as above.

You may need to open graphics then PowerPlay and set plugged in and/or battery to maximize performance. You can also try going to graphics then 3D and move the slider to performance. Your computer may also have a switchable graphics tab where you can change
    the settings for individual programs.

DaveM121, Aug 12, 2021
  3. Sound Schemes Missing From Drop Down List

Hi,

I realize that sound schemes missing from drop down list. I will try to help you with this issue.

As these options are available on your husband's user account, ensure that your account is an admin account and not a standard account.

Login to PC using your husband's user account and follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on Control Panel.

• Click on User Accounts and select Manage another account.

• Double click on your user account.

• Now select Administrator and click save and ok.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Aug 12, 2021
  4. Mithin_EJ Win User

Selecting GPU drop down list missing Graphics Settings

Is there a way to force a program to use a secondary GPU?

Hi Zeond1987,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Are you getting any error message?

If you have a multi-GPU system running Windows 10, you can now manually specify the preferred graphics processor an app should use for performance or to improve battery life.

In order to force an app to use a discrete GPU instead of the integrated one, or vice versa to provide better system performance or battery life, I suggest you to follow the below steps.

1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the System icon. Click on System.

2. Click on Display on the left side

3. Under “Multiple displays,” click the Advanced graphics settings link.

4. Select the kind of app you want to configured using the drop-down menu:

Classic app — these are your traditional Win32 desktop programs.

Universal app — these are those app available through the Microsoft Store.

5. If you select Classic app, you’ll need to click the Browse button to locate the “.exe” file to add the app. Otherwise, if you select the Universal app option, you’ll see a second drop-down menu to select the app.

6. Select the app you added from the list.

7. Click the Options button

8. Set the graphics preference you want to use:

System default — this is always the default setting, and Windows 10 decide which GPU to use automatically.

Power saving — runs the application on the GPU that uses the least power, which most of the time is your integrated graphics processor.

High performance — runs the application on the most capable GPU, which is most of the time an external or discrete graphics processor.

9. Click the Save button.

I also recommend you to update the GTX 1080 drivers from the manufacturer website, and
    Check if that work.

Hope it helps,

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes Or No

Mithin_EJ, Aug 12, 2021
Thema:

Selecting GPU drop down list missing Graphics Settings

1. Selecting GPU drop down list missing Graphics Settings - Similar Threads - Selecting GPU drop

2. Unable to select GPU in Windows Graphics Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to select GPU in Windows Graphics Settings: Problem: Windows does not allow me to choose which GPU to use for applications. Back in the day, this was done through Nvidia Control Panel. Windows will only show the GPU which the primary monitor has been connected to. I AM NOT trying to SLI these cards, I am trying to...
  3. Unable to select GPU in Windows Graphics Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to select GPU in Windows Graphics Settings: Problem: Windows does not allow me to choose which GPU to use for applications. Back in the day, this was done through Nvidia Control Panel. Windows will only show the GPU which the primary monitor has been connected to. I AM NOT trying to SLI these cards, I am trying to...
  4. Unable to select GPU in Windows Graphics Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Not able to select gpu when selecting graphics settings in graphics performance preferances

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Not able to select gpu when selecting graphics settings in graphics performance preferances: Hello. I have been having this problem since today when i downgraded from windows 11 to windows 10. I was having too much problems on windows 11 so i went to 10. When i was on windows 11 i was able to choose between my apu im guessing it is and my discrete gpu on graphics...
  6. Not able to select gpu when selecting graphics settings in graphics performance preferances

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to select gpu when selecting graphics settings in graphics performance preferances: Hello. I have been having this problem since today when i downgraded from windows 11 to windows 10. I was having too much problems on windows 11 so i went to 10. When i was on windows 11 i was able to choose between my apu im guessing it is and my discrete gpu on graphics...
  7. Not able to select gpu when selecting graphics settings in graphics performance preferances

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. "Graphics Settings" does'nt have "Classic App" option in the drop down list

"Graphics Settings" does'nt have "Classic App" option in the drop down list: i was trying to setting my obs so i can display my dekstop, i read online that i have to assign classic app at graphic setting, but i cant find the classic app option, its only show desktop app, and microsoft store app, please help : i use laptop by the way i5 gen 4, gtx...
  9. "Graphics Settings" does'nt have "Classic App" option in the drop down list.

"Graphics Settings" does'nt have "Classic App" option in the drop down list.: I was trying to assign my games to high performance in the Graphics Settings menu in order to run them on my rx560x gpu instead of a vega 8 but the Classic App option is not available there in the drop down list. I would really appreciate a help...
  10. Change selected GPU in Graphic Settings?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Change selected GPU in Graphic Settings?: I have 2 GPU: [ATTACH] Applications can see both, and the ones that have the config let me change the GPU in the options, working just fine. But most applications don't have this option. But since Aprils update, now Windows 10 has an option called the Graphic Settings,...