Windows 10: Selecting playback device does not change audio output

Discus and support Selecting playback device does not change audio output in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Anytime I want to connect my computer to my headphones, I would have to go into the sound settings to disable speakers such that the audio would play... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/inlegit, May 28, 2020.

1. Selecting playback device does not change audio output

Anytime I want to connect my computer to my headphones, I would have to go into the sound settings to disable speakers such that the audio would play on the headphones, else it would just play on the computer's speakers even though the playback device is shown to be my headphones.

Computer Model: ASUS Vivobook S15

submitted by /u/inlegit
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/inlegit, May 28, 2020

2. No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, May 28, 2020
  3. How to separate audio outputs in playback devices

Might I suggest removing the driver and only having one device connected. Then install realtek driver. Confirm setting in playback. Add the next output device. Confirm, etc...

Caledon Ken, May 28, 2020
  4. Selecting playback device does not change audio output

Welcome to the Thunder dome!!!!!

Switching between HDMI or regular audio will be very simple once you have made the connections.

In Vista -> Right click the speaking icon in the task bar --> playback devices --> select HDMI and set as default.

In "Playback Devices" you will see 2 HDMI outputs in the list. I suggest you disable the second HDMI audio in the device manager. In device manager the second device will be below the main HDMI output in the list of sound devices. you can disable it there to save confusion.

TRIPTEX_CAN, May 28, 2020
Thema:

Selecting playback device does not change audio output

1. Selecting playback device does not change audio output - Similar Threads - Selecting playback device

2. Bluetooth Headphones paired but not available as playback device or audio output

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Headphones paired but not available as playback device or audio output: Hello! I have seen this problem multiple times in the Microsoft communities, but not yet with a resolution. I also haven't seen it with my computer, namely an LG gram 14 also with Windows 10 Home. My Bluetooth Headphones pair easily, and immediately show up as "paired."...
  3. Select playback device doesn't change the default communication device.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Select playback device doesn't change the default communication device.: I often switch between my headset and the monitor for audio, and while this is simply done for most applications by clicking the volume icon in the taskbar and changing devices, this only changes the default audio device, not the default communication device. This becomes a...
  4. Audio Playback Devices

Audio Playback Devices: Hello, Im trying to configure my audio in OBS to get two separate tracks, one for game sound, one for everything else. Heres the issue: I need two separate playback devices that both output audio. In the videos I watched, they had Realtek(R) Audio, which I have and use, and...
  5. Audio playback devices

Audio playback devices: Hello, Im trying to configure my audio in OBS to get two separate tracks, one for game sound, one for everything else. Heres the issue: I need two separate playback devices that both output audio. In the videos I watched, they had Realtek(R) Audio, which I have and use, and...
  6. Audio playback devices

Audio playback devices: hello, Im trying to configure my audio in OBS to get two separate tracks, one for game sound, one for everything else. Heres the issue: I need two separate playback devices that both output audio. In the videos I watched, they had Realtek(R) Audio, which I have and use, and...
  7. Audio playback devices

Audio playback devices: hello, Im trying to configure my audio in OBS to get two separate tracks, one for game sound, one for everything else. Heres the issue: I need two separate playback devices that both output audio. In the videos I watched, they had Realtek(R) Audio, which I have and use, and...
  8. When Windows detects a new audio output device, it automatically selects it as the audio output

in Windows 10 Customization
    When Windows detects a new audio output device, it automatically selects it as the audio output: Hello, my issue lies with sound settings. Specifically, the fact that when a new audio output device is detected by Windows, it changes the system's audio output to the new device. However, this is irritating for me as I would rather do this myself as and when I need to....
  9. Line-in doesn't playback in selected Playback device

Line-in doesn't playback in selected Playback device: Here are my "relevant" system specs: CPU: 5960X Motherboard: ASUS Rampage V Extreme This seemed to have worked fine under Windows 7, but it stopped working awhile ago, I "think" about the time I upgraded to Windows 10. My Line-in will not playback any audio through my...
  10. How to separate audio outputs in playback devices

How to separate audio outputs in playback devices: Prior to resetting Windows 10 I had 3 audio outputs, HDMI to TV, analog to monitor and analog to speakers. Since resetting windows both speakers show up as one device labeled "Speakers" in the Windows "Playback Devices" window. I've tried re-installing the realtek software...