Windows 10: Selecting "slideshow" for desktop background ignores subfolders

Discus and support Selecting "slideshow" for desktop background ignores subfolders in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Selecting a "slideshow" option for desktop background only reads images from the current folder but ignores all subfolders. Any way to fix this? I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Shajirr, Oct 12, 2022.

1. Selecting "slideshow" for desktop background ignores subfolders

Selecting a "slideshow" option for desktop background only reads images from the current folder but ignores all subfolders.

Any way to fix this?

I've found 2 weird workarounds, but no actual solutions so far.

submitted by /u/Shajirr
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Shajirr, Oct 12, 2022

2. Set background slideshow

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to set slide desktop.

• Press Windows logo key + I key.
    • Click on Personalization.
    • Under Background dropdown menu, select slideshow.
    • Click on Browse button and then select the folder from which the desktop slide’s to be applied.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Oct 12, 2022
  3. Windows 10 - Desktop Background Slideshow not working

That's correct: subfolders are not supported. The only time when subfolders would be used would be if you select the My Pictures library. This is to my knowledge consistent with desktop background slideshow behavior going back to at least Windows 7.

zachd [MSFT], Oct 12, 2022
  4. Selecting "slideshow" for desktop background ignores subfolders

Use subfolders for background in Windows 11

I would suggest that every Windows user with more than 100 stored images organizes their images in subfolders. Why is it so difficult to support subfolders for background images? This requirement has existed for several years, see among others

Redirecting

A good workaround was in the past the usage of kind:=picture in the search query, see

https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/...ound-slideshow-not-seeing-subfolders-library/

But with the Windows 11 update 22H2 the serach query is no longer supported. Unfortunately, a step backwards in terms of ease of use.

Does anyone know of a way to include subfolders again?

ThorstenRiemer, Oct 12, 2022
Thema:

Selecting "slideshow" for desktop background ignores subfolders

1. Selecting "slideshow" for desktop background ignores subfolders - Similar Threads - Selecting slideshow desktop

2. background slideshow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    background slideshow: in window 11. when i select a folder to have a slideshow of image,only a part of it,are showing. it it start again with the sama image. why it not showing all image? they are a setting where i can select all in one click? thank you for your help....
  3. background slideshow

in Windows 10 Customization
    background slideshow: unable to get slideshow to change background picture in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-slideshow/3292776d-7a0d-4056-a3e8-f2a64e6f89db
  4. Desktop Background slideshow

Desktop Background slideshow: I made a few photo collages that I would like to display on my desktop in the form of a slideshow. When I went to personalize my desktop and select photos for the slideshow the folder with my collages showed empty. I saw that in the personalization window it says "choose...
  5. Desktop Background Slideshow

Desktop Background Slideshow: I selected the slideshow option to change pictures every day. It changes every hour instead. I tried every 6 hours and the same happened. The every 1 minute option worked though....
  6. Desktop Background Slideshow pictures selected by tag or label.

Desktop Background Slideshow pictures selected by tag or label.: I have pictures in a folder where they exist in more than one format and aspect ratio. Is there a way to choose a folder "Vacation 2018" and have the slideshow change my desktop background using only 1920x1080? Or by tag? Or by multiple tags? I have a tag for my family...
  7. I can't select a folder to use as a slideshow background

I can't select a folder to use as a slideshow background: Hello. I'm trying to set a slideshow from a folder to use as my background for my laptop, however, when I select the folder, it always comes up as "No items match your search." Is there any way to solve this issue? It'd be highly appreciated!...
  8. Desktop Background Selections Help

Desktop Background Selections Help: I got to playing with Personalizing the Desktop Background (came with the OEM light blue with some wispy clouds) and just picking on each of the four alternate selections offered, I've lost the original picture. No longer five options, now just the four that were shown as...
  9. Background Slideshow

Background Slideshow: With Windows 7 I could set a background slideshow of my pictures by picking from all of my pictures. With Windows 10, it looks like I cannot do that without arranging the chosen pictures in a series first. I admit that I'm not that Windows savvy, but is there any way to set a...
  10. Desktop Background Slideshow Randomisation

Desktop Background Slideshow Randomisation: Has anyone else noticed that the RANDOMISE option on the slideshow for the desktop background doesn't seem to exist anymore? Or am I looking in the wrong place compared to win7/8. Steve 7683