Windows 10: selecting taskbar color

Discus and support selecting taskbar color in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Please help. I have tried to follow instructions for selecting taskbar color as follows without success. 1. I right-clinked on taskbar. 2. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DavidGibsonPG, Jan 14, 2021.

1. selecting taskbar color

Please help. I have tried to follow instructions for selecting taskbar color as follows without success.

1. I right-clinked on taskbar.

2. I selected taskbar settings.

3. I hit start button, then chose settings, then chose personalization.

4. I chose colors in light mode.

5. I chose accent color.

6. The instructions were then to scroll down to option to "show accent color on following surfaces." However because this option was grayed out I was unable to choose it.

So what do I do??? Many thanks for any thoughts.

:)

DavidGibsonPG, Jan 14, 2021

2. How do I change taskbar/folder title bar text colors? in Windows 10

Hello,

• Do you want to change the taskbar's color or the taskbar's text color?

If you want to change the taskbar's color, follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings and select Personalization.
    • Select Color.
    • Turn "Automatically pick an accent color from my background" Off and select the color which you wish to have.
    • Turn "Show color on Start, taskbar, action center, and title bar" On.

If you want to change the taskbar's text color, follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings and select Personalization.
    • Select Color and click on High contrast settings.
    • Now select the color of your wish and Apply.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jan 14, 2021
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    Color change in taskbar

Hello pranayvarma,

Just to verify, have you tried changing the color of your taskbar via settings? If so, try it out and check if the color would remain inconsistent. Here are the steps:

1. Launch the Settings app.
    2. Select Personalization.
    3. Click the Colors tab.
    4. Uncheck the Automatically pick an accent color from my background.
    5. Set Transparency effects to Off.
    6. Under Show accent color on the following surfaces, put a check on
      Start, taskbar, and action center.
    7. Pick a color that you want.
    8. Restart your PC.

Let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, Jan 14, 2021
  4. selecting taskbar color

Changing the taskbar color to white in Windows 10

Hi Michael,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

In Windows 10 there is no option for changing the color to white but you can change it to different colors. To change the color of the task bar I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then select personalization.
    • Click on color option on the left side.
    • You will find an option called “show color on start, taskbar and start icon”.
    • You need to on the option and then you can change the color accordingly.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

selecting taskbar color

1. selecting taskbar color - Similar Threads - selecting taskbar color

2. Taskbar color

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar color: Today's Windows 10 update changed the color of my taskbar from black to a light gray or light blue. I want the taskbar black. I found this on a Microsoft web site: To change the color of your taskbar, select Start > Settings > Personalization > Colors > Show accent...
  3. Taskbar color

Taskbar color: Just updated to a newer version of windows 10 since it said that the version I had was going to stop receiving updates, which reset the color for my system colors. As of now the taskbar just follows the default theme of the device e.g. dark/light. The option to show accent...
  4. selecting taskbar color

selecting taskbar color: I am still having trouble selecting taskbar colors. Acting on a previous suggestion from the community, I chose Color Mode as Custom to enable colors on taskbar and other elements. I then chose Windows Mode as Dark and App Mode as light. So far so good. But the problem is...
  5. Taskbar Color

Taskbar Color: My taskbar color changed from black to a very light grey. I tried to change the color by going to personalize color, But the button for Start, Taskbar and Action Center is greyed out, and cannot be chosen. Any ideas?...
  6. Taskbar color

Taskbar color: I just got a laptop that runs Windows 10. I'm trying to change the taskbar to my custom accent color but when I go to the color setting, the "Start, taskbar, and action center" checkbox is greyed out and I can't select it. Does anyone know why this is and how to fix it?...
  7. Taskbar Color

Taskbar Color: Some how I have gotten my taskbar color to be white and I want it to be black. How do I fix that? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-color/82f6fd8d-6098-4632-a2c8-114e8d4d0942
  8. Taskbar color

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Taskbar color: On recent update taskbar is white and unable to place a checkon the setting for taskbar color https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-color/555452f1-44ac-4df9-a3d1-6590559c04c4
  9. Can not select Start, taskbar, and action center (In the Personalization/Colors)

Can not select Start, taskbar, and action center (In the Personalization/Colors): In the Personalization/Colors (Show accent color on the following surfaces) I can not select Start, taskbar, and action center only Title bars is available. Any help in this regard will be much appreciated. Thank you...
  10. Taskbar/Start Menu Automatic Color Selection Bug

Taskbar/Start Menu Automatic Color Selection Bug: I've got a slideshow of images set as my desktop background, and under the Personalization settings for Colors I have the three settings "Automatically pick an accent color", "Show color on Start, taskbar, and action center" and "Make start, taskbar, and action center" all...