Windows 10: Selecting text with mouse not working

Discus and support Selecting text with mouse not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; dear people ... for the past few weeks i have been having trouble if not almost impossible to select text for "copy&paste" on any document office... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jaime Javier De La, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Selecting text with mouse not working

dear people ...

for the past few weeks i have been having trouble if not almost impossible to select text for "copy&paste" on any document office "365", pdf, even on the web, etc ... it can take more than 4 times before i can be "successful" whether it is word or a sentence ...

checked device manager mice drivers and it has the latest update installed ...

checked windows update, but it is "up to date" ...

ran windows antivirus and "no action is required" ...

running windows 10 / office 365 legitime ...

"5 years old" dell desktop ...

thanks for your help ...

:)

Jaime Javier De La, Dec 14, 2020

2. mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Dec 14, 2020
  3. Designer Mouse Not Working

Hi Henry,

We understand that your Microsoft designer mouse is working on other devices but not on your Windows 10 PC. This can be an issue with an outdated mouse driver. As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you update the device driver. Here's how:

• Click the Start button, type "device manager" in the search box, and then select Device Manager.
    • In the list of hardware categories, find the device that you want to update, and then double-click the device name.
    • Click the Driver tab, click Update Driver, and then follow the instructions.

Feel free to let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Jennifer Bri, Dec 14, 2020
  4. Marie Ave Win User

Selecting text with mouse not working

Mouse stopped working

Hi Bec,

One possible reason that your mouse is not working is due to outdated or corrupted drivers. For us to isolate your concern, we would need the following details:

• Which version of Windows 10 have you installed recently? To see which version of Windows 10 is installed on your PC, click on the
      Start button and then select Settings. In
      Settings
      , select System > About.
    • Were there any changes made prior to the issue?
    • Are you using a wireless or wired mouse?

We suggest that you run the Bluetooth Troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & security > Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select
      Hardware and Devices > Run the troubleshooter.

If the issue still persists, follow the troubleshooting steps provided in
    Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows article.

Update us with the results and let us know if you need further assistance.

Marie Ave, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

Selecting text with mouse not working

1. Selecting text with mouse not working - Similar Threads - Selecting text mouse

2. Mouse not selecting text properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse not selecting text properly: When editing documents, I need to select and comment on word, sentence, fragment, paragraph, make format changes fonts, indentation etc. copy between documents but my mouse looses selection, so I have to work around with keyboard selection. After I select text with keyboard...
  3. Mouse not selecting text properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse not selecting text properly: When editing documents, I need to select and comment on word, sentence, fragment, paragraph, make format changes fonts, indentation etc. copy between documents but my mouse looses selection, so I have to work around with keyboard selection. After I select text with keyboard...
  4. The selected text is black?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The selected text is black?: I'm using Word 2019, Windows 10. Recently, when I select text, it is highlighted in black instead of light blue. How do I get it back to light blue? I face this problem word only not any other ms office services. I need step by step instructions. Please and thank you!...
  5. The selected text is black?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The selected text is black?: I'm using Word 2019, Windows 10. Recently, when I select text, it is highlighted in black instead of light blue. How do I get it back to light blue? I face this problem word only not any other ms office services. I need step by step instructions. Please and thank you!...
  6. The selected text is black?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Mouse not selecting text properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse not selecting text properly: Hi, In the last couple of weeks I have had problems when trying to highlight/select text. Sometimes the text won't highlight at all, sometimes part of the text is highlighted but not the whole section, sometimes a portion of the text that I'm NOT trying to select becomes...
  8. The selected text is black?

The selected text is black?: I'm using Word in Office 365, Windows 10. Recently, when I select text, it is highlighted in black instead of light blue. How do I get it back to light blue? I need step by step instructions. Please and thank you! ROCAW says: If you want to change the color of the...
  9. Issue Highlighting and copy Text selection with mouse

Issue Highlighting and copy Text selection with mouse: I am running Windows 64 bit on a Lenova Yoga 3. Since the upgrade, I cannot select text. It will highlight, but it won't hold. I am using right click on my mouse. I am also having problems selecting text boxes, likes, etc. Having zero computer skills, it is very...
  10. Text selection

Text selection: I am running Windows 64 bit on a Lenova Yoga 3. Since the upgrade, I cannot select text. It will highlight, but it won't hold. I am using right click on my mouse. I am also having problems selecting text boxes, likes, etc. Having zero computer skills, it is very...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouse not selecting text