Windows 10: Selecting which Program On Desktop To Use ?

Discus and support Selecting which Program On Desktop To Use ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Not important, but was just wondering: Let's say I have several programs running, and they all show on my desktop as being one on top of the other.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Robert11, Aug 7, 2021.

1. Robert11 Win User

Selecting which Program On Desktop To Use ?

Hi, Not important, but was just wondering: Let's say I have several programs running, and they all show on my desktop as being one on top of the other. No real problem, I can find the box at the top, or some other way, that would select that one to use. Is there a simple menu that I can always have displayed on the desktop, that shows all the desktop items, and would make it very easy to select which one I would want to use, then ? Thanks, B.

:)

Robert11, Aug 7, 2021

2. fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Aug 7, 2021
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Aug 7, 2021
  4. Chuck38 Win User

Issue with selecting programs from taskbar

Hi Johnny and welcome to TenForums,

I think I may be able to help you with this, but before we move on to a possible solution make sure you take some precautionary steps first.

You're going to want to back up the registry, the HKEY_CURRENT_USER registry key to be exact. To do that follow the steps below.

First, it's always a good idea to make a system restore point to be able to restore to, you can find instructions to do that here. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...-restore-point

How to back up the registry. (All the steps listed below can be found here.)

1. From the Start menu, in the search box, type regedit.exe, and then press Enter. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    2. In Registry Editor, locate and right-click on the HKEY_CURRENT_USER
    3. Click File > Export.
    4. In the Export Registry File dialog box, select the location where you want to save the backup copy to, and then type a name for the backup file in the File name field.
    5. Click Save.

OK! We should be ready to safely move on! (All the steps below can be found here.)

1. Click start and type regedit in the search bar and hit enter.
    2. Navigate to HKey_Current User\Control Panel\Desktop
    3. Check for ForegroundFlashCount on the right pane.
    4. The default value should be 3. If it is not set correctly then modify it.

Hope that works!

-Chuck

Chuck38, Aug 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Selecting which Program On Desktop To Use ? - Similar Threads - Selecting Program Desktop

2. My desktop computer has these programs which is only useful for laptops.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My desktop computer has these programs which is only useful for laptops.: So i just installed windows, installed drivers, logged into my accounts etc.But i found these programs on my pc and i was kinda confused because why did windows install these programs even though im on a desktop computer?Just to prove that my pc isnt a laptop, here's a...
  3. My desktop computer has these programs which is only useful for laptops.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My desktop computer has these programs which is only useful for laptops.: So i just installed windows, installed drivers, logged into my accounts etc.But i found these programs on my pc and i was kinda confused because why did windows install these programs even though im on a desktop computer?Just to prove that my pc isnt a laptop, here's a...
  4. My desktop computer has these programs which is only useful for laptops.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Select which aliases can be use to sign-in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Select which aliases can be use to sign-in: It would be great if we could select the Microsoft account linked aliases that can be used to sign-inHere's an example. Two of the aliases used on my account are old email adresses, I need to keep active, but to avoid suspect attempt logins happening every day on my account...
  6. Select which aliases can be use to sign-in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Select which aliases can be use to sign-in: It would be great if we could select the Microsoft account linked aliases that can be used to sign-inHere's an example. Two of the aliases used on my account are old email adresses, I need to keep active, but to avoid suspect attempt logins happening every day on my account...
  7. Is there a program which can encrypt selected folders with a password and prevents other...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a program which can encrypt selected folders with a password and prevents other...: I prefer if it is open source. I need to save my 2FA codes and some banking details and I am scared if a malicious app could read my personal and financial stuff. submitted by /u/SteelZeus [link] [comments]...
  8. Program which included desktop equaliser

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Program which included desktop equaliser: Back in 2017 when I was really into PC gaming an online friend of mine showed me a desktop equalizer he had, so I downloaded it too and it was awesome - you could have the time & date also, change colours, have the rainmeter music equalizer and edit everything but then my HDD...
  9. Unable to select which input device to use

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to select which input device to use: Previously my PC gave me a window that I used to select which auxiliary input device to use. However it stopped showing this window. I cannot select either external speakers or headphones to use, and also the size small, medium or large...
  10. using shutdown.exe which switches duplicate the "sleep" selection

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    using shutdown.exe which switches duplicate the "sleep" selection: Rather than click four or five times to put Win10 into sleep mode, a shortcut to shutdown.exe with a couple of switches are now in my start menu. Unfortunately, the switches in use actually perform a complete shutdown. Are there switches for this program that actually perform...