Windows 10: Selection box/area on Desktop is transparent with dotted outline.

Discus and support Selection box/area on Desktop is transparent with dotted outline. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; As the question says, the selection box/area on the desktop is transparent with a dotted outline as you can see in the image below. Generally it is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rebel71, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Rebel71 Win User

Selection box/area on Desktop is transparent with dotted outline.

As the question says, the selection box/area on the desktop is transparent with a dotted outline as you can see in the image below. Generally it is a blue-ish translucent box. This just happened randomly. Also I have a PC and a Laptop and it has happened on both. Windows 10 Home on Both. I would appreciate any help.

Thank you.

Selection box/area on Desktop is transparent with dotted outline. 20fb9cb4-297a-42ab-a70a-02d03c35cbce?upload=true.png

:)

Rebel71, Nov 10, 2019
  2. Eddy_993 Win User

Selecting desktop gives a white outlined box instead of blue transparent box

When selecting items on the desktop, it is simple white outlined box. I remember it being a blue transparent box. I'm no longer sure is it blue??? Selecting items though file explorer gives a bluish box. How can I change it back to normal?

When selecting with the pointer, I get the following white outlined box:

Selection box/area on Desktop is transparent with dotted outline. 9a035ee1-a3c1-48c0-9d77-abb3c874939a.png

Any thoughts?

Eddy_993, Nov 10, 2019
  3. Eddy_993 Win User
    Selecting desktop gives a white outlined box instead of blue transparent box

I found a fix for this.

1) Search for Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows.

2) Under Visual Effect, click on "Let Windows choose what's best for my computer".

This will revert the white-outlined box to blue translucent box.

Eddy_993, Nov 10, 2019
  4. Selection box/area on Desktop is transparent with dotted outline.

Black outlines of floating windows

Hi Nathan,

The issue might occur due to corrupted display drivers or incompatible drivers.

I suggest you to update display drivers from device manager and check if it helps.

To update the drivers, follow the steps below.

• Type “Device Manager” in search box and press Enter.

• Right click on the drivers for Display and Touchscreen and select Update.

• Follow the on-screen prompts to update.
    Please get back to us with the results in regards with black outline
    dragged windows around on the desktop after and any other questions you might have regarding Windows operating systems. We are happy to assist.

Regards,
    Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Nov 10, 2019
Thema:

Selection box/area on Desktop is transparent with dotted outline.

1. Selection box/area on Desktop is transparent with dotted outline. - Similar Threads - Selection box area

2. How to remove this dotted outline around desktop elements in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove this dotted outline around desktop elements in Windows 11?: I've recently been using Windows 11 and noticed this dotted outline around desktop elements like Recycle Bin or Microsoft Edge which makes the desktop look very ugly and I had this problem on Windows 10 too.System Information: Device name: LAPTOP-J7AEJQSG Processor: IntelR...
  3. How to remove this dotted outline around desktop elements in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove this dotted outline around desktop elements in Windows 11?: I've recently been using Windows 11 and noticed this dotted outline around desktop elements like Recycle Bin or Microsoft Edge which makes the desktop look very ugly and I had this problem on Windows 10 too.System Information: Device name: LAPTOP-J7AEJQSG Processor: IntelR...
  4. Transparent box

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transparent box: How do i turn off this transparent box thats in the middle of my screen? its kinda small but everytime i look at my screen it bothers me. For Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transparent-box/9a95e735-78ea-4e48-a003-fa60bad7345b
  5. area selection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    area selection: Windows 10, Streets and trips 2013.I Cannot select an area to zoom with 2013. this was avaulable in 2007 also I cannot move cursor across map as the hand locks on to the map and just moves the entire map....
  6. black transparent box on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    black transparent box on desktop: Hi ^^ , some people have black transparent box on desktop , and that the way i fix my problem 1-Open Geforce Experience 2-go to Settings > General 3-open IN-GAME OVERLAY 4-open Overlay settings 5-Go to HUD Layout > Set Position : OFF 6-Done *Party i Hope it help 172871
  7. Transparent box

Transparent box: How do I get rid of this transparent box on right side of screen? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transparent-box/cd0ef818-5db7-4ced-b14d-a412d56118ea
  8. Outline Of A Box In The Middle of The desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Outline Of A Box In The Middle of The desktop: [ATTACH] Hi, I have an issue with windows 10 where this white outline of a box appears on my screen after entering a full screen application. My pc is very new (like a week old) and i'm pretty sure it has been there since i got it. It just started to bother me now. This...
  9. Transparent box on desktop

Transparent box on desktop: A transparent box with a think blue border keeps on appearing on my desktop screen and when i minimize a tab the screen glitches out and shows a cut out of the tab i just closed, however when I screenshot this only the border appears so I've attached a picture from my phone...
  10. Can I remove the dotted selection box on a mouse?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I remove the dotted selection box on a mouse?: Hello all, I was wondering if anyone knew how to remove the dotted selection box that comes from holding the left mouse button and moving the mouse on the desktop? I like the feature, I would just like to remove the box. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you,...