Windows 10: Selection box on menus is far too light on 1903

Discus and support Selection box on menus is far too light on 1903 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This is on a fresh install; 'Refresh' is selected: [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sentreal, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Sentreal Win User

Selection box on menus is far too light on 1903

This is on a fresh install; 'Refresh' is selected:

Selection box on menus is far too light on 1903 5cb563ff-4d24-4b69-9d7b-a976543e242f?upload=true.png

:)

Sentreal, Jul 24, 2019

2. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Jul 24, 2019
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

keep us posted. i'll be interested in this as i've been wanting to do one for a while.

Chicken Patty, Jul 24, 2019
  4. Selection box on menus is far too light on 1903

Windows 10 1903 (may update) Breaks Night Light (built in night light mode)

Hi there,

I have 2 machines (1 was an upgrade install to 1903 the other was a clean install). Both nvidia cards, 1080ti and a 2080 in the other (1 has the latest nvidia drivers the other has the very last version prior to the latest). Both intel 8700k processors.

what is happening: i keep the night light mode always on, and prior to 1903 (when i was using 1809), when i play a game (full screen) the nightlight mode would turn off in game. when i alt tab to windows, night light was enabled. when i jumped back into
    a game, it was disabled. no issues.

when i upgraded to 1903 (both the clean install machine and the upgrade), when i have night light on, and go in game and alt tab, the night light remains off in windows, this never happened in 1809.

not limited to games, but in both machines using 1903, sometimes when i start the computer, the night light mode is disabled. trying to turn it on does nothing, and rebooting fixes it. but if happens enough now where i suspect this is not a one off, and
    the fact it happens on both my computers, and when i go back to 1809 there are no issues.

i also tried flux, but it did the same thing where it would sometimes when you turn on the computer be off, and no way to enable it without rebooting.

lastly, i noticed when the display goes to sleep (the monitor, not the computer), night light is disabled. You can turn it back on, but the monitor being put to sleep effectlivley disabled night light mode from running on 1903, but not on 1809.

somehow i think this is all connected, something in 1903 with night light mode is not working properly like it did in 1809.

computer stats:

Machine 1 (upgrade to 1903):

• 32gb ram
    • 970 evo 1tb
    • nvidia 2080 FE
    • nivida driver 425.31
    • monitor asus 32inch running at 75hz (non-gsync)

Machine 2 (clean install to 1903):

• 32gb ram
    • 970 pro 512gb
    • evga 1080ti hybrid FTW3
    • nivida driver 430.39
    • monitor lg 31.5inch 144hz g-sync

WindwardBaton7, Jul 24, 2019
Thema:

Selection box on menus is far too light on 1903

1. Selection box on menus is far too light on 1903 - Similar Threads - Selection box menus

2. Screen is too far to the right

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen is too far to the right: My screen is too far to the right and does not fill the whole screen. All the answers tell me to click on the 3 dots on the top right. Well, I can't because the top right does not exist, I don't see the 3 dots cause the screen is too far over. Please help me, the frustration...
  3. Screen is too far to the right

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen is too far to the right: My screen is too far to the right and does not fill the whole screen. All the answers tell me to click on the 3 dots on the top right. Well, I can't because the top right does not exist, I don't see the 3 dots cause the screen is too far over. Please help me, the frustration...
  4. Screen is too far to the right

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Calendar dates are too far ahead?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Calendar dates are too far ahead?: Not really sure how else to describe this... but it makes the calendar kind of useless and frustrating to use. Some of the months have half of their dates in the next month whenit makes no sense. Is there any way to fix this?...
  6. Calendar dates are too far ahead?

Calendar dates are too far ahead?: Not really sure how else to describe this... but it makes the calendar kind of useless and frustrating to use. Some of the months have half of their dates in the next month whenit makes no sense. Is there any way to fix this?...
  7. selecting last option in menus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    selecting last option in menus: I'm aware that someone already has asked this however in that thread there was no concussion or fix for the problem.In any New system menu or in the photos app the last option in the menu is selected and cannot be unselected.here is the last thread...
  8. selecting last option in menus

selecting last option in menus: I'm aware that someone already has asked this however in that thread there was no concussion or fix for the problem.In any New system menu or in the photos app the last option in the menu is selected and cannot be unselected.here is the last thread...
  9. selecting last option in menus

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. One "tweak" too far.

in Windows 10 Support
    One "tweak" too far.: I’ve been tweaking a new Windows 10 install ad apparently went “one tweak too far”! I can no longer see “Appearance” in the right-click desktop fly-out menu - only “Display Settings” and “Personalize”. I may have turned on high contrast settings, since the background of...