Windows 10: Selection Box on windows being only a white border

Discus and support Selection Box on windows being only a white border in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So ever since i got windows, my selection box has been a white dotted outline. I looked around and the other solutions haven't helped. BUT! i found on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jawnathan, Mar 8, 2021.

1. Jawnathan Win User

Selection Box on windows being only a white border

So ever since i got windows, my selection box has been a white dotted outline. I looked around and the other solutions haven't helped. BUT! i found on that does for those that have the same problem.

Go to the windows search bar

Type "Advanced"

Click on "View advanced system settings"

Click on the performance settings button

Choose the Visual Effects tab, unless already shown.

Untick and then re-tick the "Show translucent selection rectangle" box.

And without a restart your color should be back.

If you want to change the color and dont know how, here is how:

Open your run command or Win + R

Type in "regedit"

HKEY current user ->

Control Panel ->

Colors ->

Hilight and or HotTrackingColor

:)

Jawnathan, Mar 8, 2021

2. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Mar 8, 2021
  3. Markbo66 Win User
    White Borders To Album Artwork Windows 10

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried this procedure but it has had no effect at all so the problem persists.

Since asking the original question I have downloaded some albums from amazon and added these to the Music folder and the white border has appeared on those albums as well so it would appear it is only artwork added by WMP which is not affected.

Markbo66, Mar 8, 2021
  4. Selection Box on windows being only a white border

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

keep us posted. i'll be interested in this as i've been wanting to do one for a while.

Chicken Patty, Mar 8, 2021
Thema:

Selection Box on windows being only a white border

1. Selection Box on windows being only a white border - Similar Threads - Selection Box being

2. White borders around context box.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White borders around context box.: So, I just recently reinstalled windows and decided to customize it as I didn't really do it as much before, and as I set my default theme to be dark, I noticed that when I open the context box there's white borders around the box which I find annoying and I'm wondering if I...
  3. White borders around context box.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White borders around context box.: So, I just recently reinstalled windows and decided to customize it as I didn't really do it as much before, and as I set my default theme to be dark, I noticed that when I open the context box there's white borders around the box which I find annoying and I'm wondering if I...
  4. White borders around context box.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. What is this white border?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is this white border?: I came across this issue when I tried connecting to a Bluetooth device using the quick actions menu. I attached a gif to show what I'm dealing with. For example, when I click on 'connect', it wouldn't open the list of devices. Instead, it would highlight the 'bluetooth' quick...
  6. What is this white border?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is this white border?: I came across this issue when I tried connecting to a Bluetooth device using the quick actions menu. I attached a gif to show what I'm dealing with. For example, when I click on 'connect', it wouldn't open the list of devices. Instead, it would highlight the 'bluetooth' quick...
  7. What is this white border?

8. red and gray border around transparent white box on all videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    red and gray border around transparent white box on all videos: Hi, I am having an issue with all video and game playback. there is a transparent white box with a gray border and a red border around that. it is displayed on half of the video and is unclickable. I have no idea what to do....
  9. Search Box Border

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search Box Border: I have the same issue just like this post HERE I hope someone has a fix/solution? Version 1909 Thanks submitted by /u/doomsday0099 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/goo32t/search_box_border/
  10. My Windows drag select is only a white box.

My Windows drag select is only a white box.: My drag select on the desktop is only a white box. Is their anyway to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-drag-select-is-only-a-white-box/ff05bf9a-3471-4986-a4b9-62ccf8f38ffb