Windows 10: Selection is now black in Word and Outlook for Office 365

Discus and support Selection is now black in Word and Outlook for Office 365 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Read through some of the suggested fixes, but nothing works. Since Tuesday, instead of the selection color being gray which it still is in PowerPoint... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KarenSegel, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Selection is now black in Word and Outlook for Office 365

Read through some of the suggested fixes, but nothing works. Since Tuesday, instead of the selection color being gray which it still is in PowerPoint and Excel, it is black, making it difficult to read on-screen. This happens when I double-click or use Control-A to select text. Can anyone help with this?

:)

KarenSegel, Feb 25, 2021

2. The selected text is black?

I'm using Word in Office 365, Windows 10. Recently, when I select text, it is highlighted in black instead of light blue. How do I get it back to light blue? I need step by step instructions. Please and thank you!

Moved from: Word / Windows 10 / Office 365 Home

StevenM111, Feb 25, 2021
  3. tfwul Win User
    Office 365 - predictions - not working in Dutch

Thank you!

I've set it properly.

Just found the solution... enable multilingual text suggestions

Multilingual text suggestionsShow text suggestions based on the recognised languages thatyou are typing in

Selection is now black in Word and Outlook for Office 365 [​IMG]

Dutch:

However, when typing, in Dutch Office, it will bring up words in both Dutch and English.
    Anyway, so be it.

I've not been using the prediction option so far. However, I wonder whether is an easier way than a mouse click to select the first word in the prediction list when that is the one to be used.
    It would be nice to use, for instance, the tab key to select the first word.

See:

tfwul, Feb 25, 2021
  4. Selection is now black in Word and Outlook for Office 365

Disable new search bar in Outlook 365

OK. There is a way to disable this new search box in Microsoft Office 365. For Outlook:

1. Open Outlook 365.
    2. On the lower left-hand corner click options.
    3. In the User Interface options under the General Tab, click the checkbox Collapse the Microsoft Search box by default.
    4. Click OK.

The search box will now disappear. However, disabling this option would only work on that application. If you open Microsoft Word or PowerPoint, you will need to do these same steps to disable the search box (if present) as well. Let me know if this works for you.

Guardian Angel, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

Selection is now black in Word and Outlook for Office 365

1. Selection is now black in Word and Outlook for Office 365 - Similar Threads - Selection black Word

2. Outlook Office 365

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Outlook Office 365: I can't get the visual basic editor to open in Outlook. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-office-365/8ccca054-a9e2-40f3-bf74-02a73c6d70a9
  3. "Live Outlook" in the 365 Office

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Live Outlook" in the 365 Office: My Office 365 took over my Outlook email with the Outlook Live format. Now I can't even get into my old email format. I hate it and want to go back to my 2013 version. Can I Uninstall the Outlook portion or do I have to Quit the whole Office 365 subscription?...
  4. Outlook Mail in Word 365

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook Mail in Word 365: RE OUTLOOK MAIL IN WORD 365 I am not receiving mail in my account. I can send but not receive. Have I missed something- a setting maybe. Can anyone advise? thks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-mail-in-word-365/80ddae3d-5a21-4970-b2e8-964cc6359225
  5. Outlook in Office 365

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook in Office 365: I updated my subscription for Office 365, all apps work fine except Outlook. I keep getting Outlook cannot logon. The Microsoft Exchange information service in your profile is missing required information. Modify your profile to ensure that you are using the correct Microsoft...
  6. Microsoft Office 365 Word

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Office 365 Word: G'day, I have just updated to 365 Word. I have been practicing writing documents. Obviously I do not want to keep them. Each time I open a new page on the left hand side are all my previous documents. I cannot find out how to delete them. Please could somebody help me?...
  7. Office 365 and Outlook 2010

Office 365 and Outlook 2010: I recently purchased 365 Home for 1 user- multiple devices. When installed on first PC I was no longer able to open Outlook 2010. Dialog said unable to find data file. Contacted MS office support and a great tech helped me get outlook organized on 365 so I had all email...
  8. Microsoft Word Office 365

Microsoft Word Office 365: Does anyone have a way to restore a corrupt Word document? I've tried everything and I really need this document. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/microsoft-word-office-365/51fde4cc-82e6-41f8-8520-82cc41422b5e
  9. Microsoft Office 365 Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Office 365 Outlook: Win 7 to Win 10 upgrade. After installing Office 365, I cannot find my "Contacts" in the Outlook address book. Looking for a solution. 31803
  10. Now no office 365

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Now no office 365: Has anIyone experienced irregularities while upgrading to w10. I was subscribed to office 365 before the switch and now noticed there's NOTHING. What happened and who do I lean on with my complaint? Any advice and or experience would be an assist. Thanks bill 21228