Windows 10: Selection list under Folder Options does not show

Discus and support Selection list under Folder Options does not show in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi,When I go to "Folder Options" in the Windows Explorer, then select "View" tab, the list under the "Advanced settings" cannot be seen.Only when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by OQAI, Jul 24, 2021.

1. OQAI Win User

Selection list under Folder Options does not show

Hi,When I go to "Folder Options" in the Windows Explorer, then select "View" tab, the list under the "Advanced settings" cannot be seen.Only when I click on the checkbox, the corresponding line will appear. It disappears when I click on another line's checkbox.What could be the problem?

:)

2. TomStrong Win User

View>list folder option doesn't stick to all folders

In a folder, when I do View>list and then in Options apply that to all folders, it often doesn't stick, i.e some sub folders under that folder show the details view. Any suggestions?

In fact it looks like all new folders are defaulting to details view.

TomStrong, Jul 24, 2021
  3. Hide or Show User Profile's Personal Folders in Navigation Pane

Thank you in advance to everyone for your help and time. Hopefully this write-up is succinct. Selection list under Folder Options does not show :)
    I believe there has to be additional registry modifications to solve this issue.

Problem:
    In the Navigation Pane, specifically regarding the Current User folder tree, a Personal Folder (i.e. 3D Objects, Contacts, Desktop, etc... ) continues to show even after making active the Hidden property for that Personal Folder.

Expected Results:
    Any Personal Folder that is marked "Hidden" in the File/Folder Listings Area should also be hidden in the Navigation Pane specifically within the Current User folder tree.

Steps to recreate the issue: (the following steps assume that the option is deactivated to see hidden folders.)
    1. Open File Explorer
    2. Within Navigation Pane, Right-click over any blank area
    3. Select menu-option "Show All Folders"
    4. Select and Expand the Current User folder tree which is listed as a child object to the "Desktop" folder
    5. Within the File/Folder Listings Area, Right-click on a Personal Folder
    6. Select menu-option "Properties"
    7. Within the new Dialogue window, Select the "General" tab, Select to Activate the Attribute "Hidden", Select the "OK" button
    8. Close File Explorer and then Open File Explorer
    9. Select the Current User folder in the Navigation Pane
    10. Notice the recently-hidden folder is still showing in the Navigation Pane even though it is hidden in the File/Folder Listings Area.

System Specs:
    • Edition: Windows 10 Home 64bit
    • Version: 1709
    • OS Build: 16299.371
    • Hard Drives: 2 (SSD & Mechanical)
    • C:\ = SSD
    • D:\ = Mechanical

Current Modifications of System:
    • The %UserProfile% system folder was successfully transferred to D:\ by using Sysprep during Windows Setup. This is the only system folder moved to another drive.

Current Modifications of File Explorer in Navigation Pane: (using Regedit)
    • Hidden = Quick Access
    • Hidden = Libraries
    • Hidden = OneDrive
    • Hidden = Homegroup
    • Hidden = This PC user personal folders

Current Modifications of File Explorer in Folder/File Listing Area:
    • Each unwanted Personal Folder was changed to "Hidden" by Right-clicking the folder and Checking the Attribute checkbox marked "Hidden".

3rd-Party Software Installed:

• Classic Shell
    • Mozilla Firefox
    • IObit Driver Booster
    • Macrium Reflect

TechGuy737, Jul 24, 2021
  4. Selection list under Folder Options does not show

Ringtones shown in the ringtones folder do not show up in the ringtone list for selection

Ringtones shown in the ringtones folder do not show up in the ringtone list for selection. All the instructions from Microsoft and Others state that it is a simple selection from Settings>Sounds>Ringtones but the files in the Ringtones folder do not show
    up at all in the phone selection list for ringtones. I am looking for a FIX.

DennisLawliss, Jul 24, 2021
Thema:

Selection list under Folder Options does not show

1. Selection list under Folder Options does not show - Similar Threads - Selection list under

2. Hidden folders but not showing under hidden options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hidden folders but not showing under hidden options: HiI am running Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.22635.2419 , after 24hrs my folder where I store my videos got deleted and not showing under hidden files .My drive is still being used up by the folder but still cannot see it and doubled checked this on Wiztree application and...
  3. Hidden folders but not showing under hidden options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hidden folders but not showing under hidden options: HiI am running Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.22635.2419 , after 24hrs my folder where I store my videos got deleted and not showing under hidden files .My drive is still being used up by the folder but still cannot see it and doubled checked this on Wiztree application and...
  4. Bitlocker Drive ID not showing under list of devices.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker Drive ID not showing under list of devices.: Good day Please if you could advise.I installed a new SSD drive for a user approx 4 weeks ago.The client makes use of Intune.I am trying to pull data from the old SSD however the Device ID for the drive is not corresponding to any of the device ID's listed under the users...
  5. Bitlocker Drive ID not showing under list of devices.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Drive ID not showing under list of devices.: Good day Please if you could advise.I installed a new SSD drive for a user approx 4 weeks ago.The client makes use of Intune.I am trying to pull data from the old SSD however the Device ID for the drive is not corresponding to any of the device ID's listed under the users...
  6. "Someone" listed under "Manage Access" for a OneDrive folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Someone" listed under "Manage Access" for a OneDrive folder: In OneDrive, under "Manage Access" for some of my folders, there is a person listed as "Someone," with no email address, and no edit/stop options. Is there some way that I can either find out who it is, or remove it?...
  7. "Someone" listed under "Manage Access" for a OneDrive folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Someone" listed under "Manage Access" for a OneDrive folder: In OneDrive, under "Manage Access" for some of my folders, there is a person listed as "Someone," with no email address, and no edit/stop options. Is there some way that I can either find out who it is, or remove it?...
  8. "Someone" listed under "Manage Access" for a OneDrive folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. selected icon does not show on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    selected icon does not show on taskbar: I followed instructions for making an icon show on the taskbar. The icon is to Safe Eject Devices. But even after a restart, that selected icon does not show on taskbar. Going nuts here.... can anyone help?...
  10. My WiFi Router Connection Does Not Show Up In The List Of WIFI Selections

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My WiFi Router Connection Does Not Show Up In The List Of WIFI Selections: I Have A Acer Aspire One Cloudbook 14 emmc 32gb UpOn Which Is Running Windows 10 Operating System. I Have Tried All Of The Standard Procedures In An Effort To Try And Solve The Problem With This Systems Failure To List My Wireless Router Along With The Other Wireless...