Windows 10: Selection moves after disconnecting controller

Discus and support Selection moves after disconnecting controller in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; after i disconnect a controller, selecting stuff is uncontrollable unless i use a mouse which works sometimes. also my pc will refuse to switch from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BrickGalaxy5591, Aug 17, 2022.

1. Selection moves after disconnecting controller

after i disconnect a controller, selecting stuff is uncontrollable unless i use a mouse which works sometimes. also my pc will refuse to switch from controller when in the gamebar. i can fix it quickly with a restart but it becomes annoying when it happens nearly all of the time.

:)

BrickGalaxy5591, Aug 17, 2022

2. Xbox controller on pc disconnects everytime I move it

So, I connected my Xbox one controller to my PC using the wire that came with the elite controller. (I am not using the Elite controller on the PC because it would not work.) I used it to play Flight Simulator X. It has been working for 4 months now, but
    just recently I have been having problems. Whenever I move the controller, it disconnects from the computer, but does not disconnect from the USB. So I push it back in, but then it disconnects again. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? (Also,
    I would prefer not to buy another controller or wire )

Little Squidies, Aug 17, 2022
  3. Controller connection

Hi,

If the controller keeps disconnecting when you use it on an Xbox One console, it may be due to outdated controller firmware. To resolve this issue, we suggest checking if there are updates available for the controller. Refer to

Update your Xbox One Controller
    for the steps.

In addition, keeping your console up-to-date can also help resolve connection issues with Xbox accessories. To manually update your console, kindly perform the following steps:

• Make sure your console is connected to the Internet, and then open the
      Guide
      and choose Settings > All settings.
    • Select System > Updates > Update console.
    If no update is available, your console is up-to-date.

See
    Xbox One Wireless Controller disconnects or can't connect
    for more troubleshooting solutions that you may perform.

Keep us posted with the progress. We'd be glad to clear things up.

Catherine Cus., Aug 17, 2022
  4. Selection moves after disconnecting controller

Issues with accessing mouse after disconnecting XBox One Controller on Windows 10

Hi Harley,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the mouse after disconnecting the Xbox Controller on your device. We will help you in resolving this issue.

Let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message of this issue?
    • Is this issue confined only with disconnecting the Xbox?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/outdated drivers. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: Update the Touchpad drivers.

• Right click on Windows key,
      select Device Manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right click on each of the driver and click on
      Uninstall.
    • Hard restart the computer as mouse doesn't work.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 17, 2022
Thema:

Selection moves after disconnecting controller

1. Selection moves after disconnecting controller - Similar Threads - Selection moves disconnecting

2. Selection moves after disconnecting controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Selection moves after disconnecting controller: after i disconnect a controller, selecting stuff is uncontrollable unless i use a mouse which works sometimes. also my pc will refuse to switch from controller when in the gamebar. i can fix it quickly with a restart but it becomes annoying when it happens nearly all of the...
  3. Selection moves after disconnecting controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Selection moves after disconnecting controller: after i disconnect a controller, selecting stuff is uncontrollable unless i use a mouse which works sometimes. also my pc will refuse to switch from controller when in the gamebar. i can fix it quickly with a restart but it becomes annoying when it happens nearly all of the...
  4. Phantom Controller Inputs After Disconnecting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phantom Controller Inputs After Disconnecting.: Hello,I've had a problem where if I unplug my Xbox One controller the Windows 10 UI elements, text cursor, and even mouse control in the case of using the snip tool will always pull to the right automatically. The only temporarily fix is to restart my computer, which...
  5. Phantom Controller Inputs After Disconnecting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phantom Controller Inputs After Disconnecting.: Hello,I've had a problem where if I unplug my Xbox One controller the Windows 10 UI elements, text cursor, and even mouse control in the case of using the snip tool will always pull to the right automatically. The only temporarily fix is to restart my computer, which...
  6. Phantom Controller Inputs After Disconnecting.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. XBox Controller Disconnects

XBox Controller Disconnects: I bought this adapter because all the things I read about it stated it would stop interference that comes with Bluetooth since it uses a proprietary connection, but my controller still disconnects and the round X button at the top of the controller will flash for a few...
  8. controller keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    controller keeps disconnecting: My Xbox elite 2 controller keeps disconnecting from my pc through bluetooth. I've tried updating the controller up to date and I tried going through device management so the pc doesn't control when it turns off....
  9. controller keeps disconnecting

controller keeps disconnecting: My Xbox elite 2 controller keeps disconnecting from my pc through bluetooth. I've tried updating the controller up to date and I tried going through device management so the pc doesn't control when it turns off....
  10. Xbox controller won't reconnect after disconnecting it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox controller won't reconnect after disconnecting it: I have the xbox dongle and I used to be able to turn my controller off and on as many times as I needed to. Now I can only connect once and if the controller gets turned off I can't reconnect it without restarting steam or my computer. It's a bit of an annoyance. Does anyone...