Windows 10: Selection of a C drive folder to sync with OneDrive windows 10

Discus and support Selection of a C drive folder to sync with OneDrive windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have the same family tree program installed on two computers.The saved data is stored on their respective C drives.I would like if possible to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Workshop3, May 24, 2021.

1. Workshop3 Win User

Selection of a C drive folder to sync with OneDrive windows 10

I have the same family tree program installed on two computers.The saved data is stored on their respective C drives.I would like if possible to be able to sync both computer's data folders to OneDrive.Is this possible, if not could anyone suggest an alternative.RegardsPaul Lockley

:)

Workshop3, May 24, 2021
  2. Caledon Ken, May 24, 2021
  3. PSUHammer Win User
    Sync folders with OneDrive on multiple drives

Hi folks,

I have multiple HDDs and have my default user folders (Music, Videos, Movies, Pictures) spread across them based on how I am managing things. I would like to have OneDrive point to different folders on different drives to sync but I can't figure out how
    to make this happen.

Scenario:

• The root OneDrive folder is currently on E:.
    • Music is currently on drive C:
    • Videos is currently on E:
    • Want both to sync with OneDrive

PSUHammer, May 24, 2021
  4. Tripp Win User

Setting Up OneDrive to Auto Backup Folders Not on C:

Thanks for the reply, Son! Unfortunately, that solution doesn't work for my situation.

I tried unlinking OneDrive, moving the OneDrive folder to a new location (I moved it to my E: drive, where the Documents folder I'd like to sync is located), then logging back into OneDrive and selecting that new location for the folder (as you suggested
    above).

Once I'd done that and I tried to sync my OneDrive, the screen that lets you choose what to sync (Desktop, Documents, Pictures) popped up with a red error saying that it couldn't sync files on my C: drive because my OneDrive folder was on my E: drive. I
    couldn't find any option to sync files on my E: drive instead. It still refuses to let me sync anything that's not on my C: drive.

I really appreciate the help though, Son! If you have other steps to try I'll be happy to give them a shot too. =)

Tripp, May 24, 2021
Thema:

1. Selection of a C drive folder to sync with OneDrive windows 10 - Similar Threads - Selection drive folder

2. Sync a Local C drive folder with a OneDrive folder and keep them in Sync

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sync a Local C drive folder with a OneDrive folder and keep them in Sync: So, I thought this would be really simple, but I must be missing something. I just started working remotely so I am embracing OneDrive. I have a Business OD account and a Personal OD account. I do a lot of SQL server work that I need to keep saved on a local folder on my...
  3. Sync a Local C drive folder with a OneDrive folder and keep them in Sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sync a Local C drive folder with a OneDrive folder and keep them in Sync: So, I thought this would be really simple, but I must be missing something. I just started working remotely so I am embracing OneDrive. I have a Business OD account and a Personal OD account. I do a lot of SQL server work that I need to keep saved on a local folder on my...
  4. Sync a Local C drive folder with a OneDrive folder and keep them in Sync

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Stop syncing OneDrive, then select which folders to sync

Stop syncing OneDrive, then select which folders to sync: I have a new computer, which by default, decided to synch all of my folders 500GB to OneDrive. Quickly OneDrive ran out of space 5GB. So I followed the instructions to decide which folders to synch, and the App told me that no, I cannot do this until ALL the folders had...
  6. Possible to Sync Hard Drive Folder with OneDrive Folder?

Possible to Sync Hard Drive Folder with OneDrive Folder?: I would like to create a sync in which, whenever I update files in a folder on my hard drive, it automatically updates the corresponding folder on my OneDrive. I do not want to have to manually move updated files from the hard drive folder to my OneDrive folder, and I don't...
  7. Sync folders with OneDrive on multiple drives

Sync folders with OneDrive on multiple drives: Hi folks, I have multiple HDDs and have my default user folders Music, Videos, Movies, Pictures spread across them based on how I am managing things. I would like to have OneDrive point to different folders on different drives to sync but I can't figure out how to make...
  8. OneDrive Selective Sync Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Selective Sync Error: When trying to deselect a folder to stop it from syncing, I get the following error message: [img] I know that he folder that I am trying to unsync is not changing. In fact, nothing is being changed and the onedrive icon in the taskbar says so too. Any thoughts? 10831
  9. Onedrive sync selection issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Onedrive sync selection issue: So, I am just now getting around to trying to solve this problem due to the fact that I am needing to use the computer that has this problem at the moment. When ever anything that would put crap in My Documents (I.E. Rockstar) it instead goes to onedrive. The System will not...
  10. Choose Folders for OneDrive Selective Sync in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Choose Folders for OneDrive Selective Sync in Windows 10: How to: Choose Folders for OneDrive Selective Sync in Windows 10 How to Choose Folders for OneDrive Selective Sync in Windows 10 OneDrive is a cloud-based storage service where you can view, browse, upload, and share the files you saved online to OneDrive.com. When you...