Windows 10: Selection of Windows Edition on Media Creation Tool(1803)

Discus and support Selection of Windows Edition on Media Creation Tool(1803) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I would like to download current Windows 10 pro edition as ISO but MCT would not give me a choice. I read on a few site that ISO files which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Prust, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Prust Win User

Selection of Windows Edition on Media Creation Tool(1803)

Hi,

I would like to download current Windows 10 pro edition as ISO but MCT would not give me a choice. I read on a few site that ISO files which downloaded via this tool are now edition independent and only product key determine the edition.

Selection of Windows Edition on Media Creation Tool(1803) 94e28763-e9d9-4932-b974-5958bf0151e7?upload=true.jpg

So, I've downloaded and its wiminfo states the edition as "home"

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.17134.1

Details for image : .\install.esd

Index : 1
    Name : Windows 10 Home
    Description : Windows 10 Home
    Size : 15710173878 bytes
    WIM Bootable : No
    Architecture : x64
    Hal : <undefined>
    Version : 10.0.17134
    ServicePack Build : 1
    ServicePack Level : 112
    Edition : Core
    Installation : Client
    ProductType : WinNT
    ProductSuite : Terminal Server
    System Root : WINDOWS
    Directories : 21866
    Files : 108077
    Created : 19.06.2018 - 23:31:46
    Modified : 31.07.2018 - 02:02:45
    Languages :en-GB (Default)

Can any one explain as if it's correct, normal or not.

Thanks.

:)

Prust, Jul 31, 2018
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Which windows edition will the Media Creation Tool download?

Hi Rishabh,

The Installation Media created with the Media Creation Tool will contain both the Home and the Pro Edition of Windows 10 and version 1803 (Spring Creators Update) of Windows 10

The download size is approx: 4GB

DaveM121, Jul 31, 2018
  3. media creation tool

Hello,

The Windows Media Creation Tool allows you to download the Windows 10 ISO directly from Microsoft, without having a product key. You can use it to clean install or upgrade to Windows 10. It can also be use to download the different editions of Windows 10.
    Refer to this
    link
    to download the Windows 10 Installation Media Tool.

As for the build and version of your Windows 10, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard to open up the run command prompt.
    • Type winver into the run command text box and hit OK. You should now see a dialog screen revealing the OS build and registration information.

Should you need additional assistance, do let us know.

Jennifer Bri, Jul 31, 2018
  4. Selection of Windows Edition on Media Creation Tool(1803)

How to create an UNACTIVATED Windows 10 installation USB flash drive using the new Media Creation Tool v1803??

I want to note also that the Media Creation Tool didn't give me the option to select the Edition of Windows 10 at the step you can choose the Language, Edition and Architecture. The only thing that was in the list was only the "Windows 10" option, not other
    editions...

So, is this a BUG of Media Creation Tool or I have misunderstood something? Is this reasonable?

Also is it reasonable when you install Windows (by USB Flsah drive created with Media Creation Tool) to be activated on its own after installation finishes??

MinimalTechGR, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

Selection of Windows Edition on Media Creation Tool(1803)

1. Selection of Windows Edition on Media Creation Tool(1803) - Similar Threads - Selection Edition Media

2. Media Creation Tool is not prompting to select media type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Creation Tool is not prompting to select media type: I am trying to download Windows 10 to a USB Flash drive that has 16GB to install into another computer. When I run the Media Creation Tool, I get to the screen that allows me to select the Language, Architecture and Edition, I uncheck the box for Use the Recommended options...
  3. Media Creation Tool is not prompting to select media type

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Creation Tool is not prompting to select media type: I am trying to download Windows 10 to a USB Flash drive that has 16GB to install into another computer. When I run the Media Creation Tool, I get to the screen that allows me to select the Language, Architecture and Edition, I uncheck the box for Use the Recommended options...
  4. Media Creation Tool is not prompting to select media type

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Education Edition Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Education Edition Media Creation Tool: Hello, I received CD-Key for Microsoft Windows 10 Education Edition from my college. I want to install this on my PC build I'm completing soon. I'm trying to make a USB thumb drive using the tool found here....
  6. Need Windows 10 version 1803 Media Creation Tool

Need Windows 10 version 1803 Media Creation Tool: Good day! Would like to inquire where can I download a Windows 10 version 1803 Media Creation Tool? Our end user needs Windows 10 version 1803 due to compatibility issue with their application. They have purchased Windows 10 Pro license under Volume Licensing OLP and...
  7. 1803 media creation tool

1803 media creation tool: is the 1803 media creation tool available? after a forced wipe and reload, I find that 1809 and 1903 cause my games to be laggy and unplayable. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/1803-media-creation-tool/cd3888e2-0741-4fd5-8928-6eabcb27f6d2
  8. Media Creation tool does not update 1803 enterprise

Media Creation tool does not update 1803 enterprise: Split from this thread. media creation tool does not able to update to 1809,on windows 10 1803 enterprise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/media-creation-tool-does-not-update-1803/a395622b-970b-47a7-914b-1b585e7e08c0
  9. Media Creation Tool upgraded wrong edition

Media Creation Tool upgraded wrong edition: Hello everyone how you doing ? I faced an awkward problem which is , I downloaded windows 10 Pro x64 bit and installed it with not problem and activated it and I made sure it's Pro Edition from ---> This PC----> Properties and I tried to update Windows through Update settings...
  10. Media Creation Tool, no "Select language, architecture & edition" page

Media Creation Tool, no "Select language, architecture & edition" page: When selecting "Upgrade This PC", is there a way to get the "Select language, architecture & edition" screen to show up? I went through this process on the computer before, but I selected the wrong edition. The process eventually just stopped (closed the window). When I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows media creation tool windows 10 home selection