Windows 10: selective start up cant change to normal start up

Discus and support selective start up cant change to normal start up in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; discovered this issue by chance trying to figure out why the start up was slowerin msconfig its starting in selective start up, when i click normal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dohnot again, Oct 26, 2022.

1. selective start up cant change to normal start up

discovered this issue by chance trying to figure out why the start up was slowerin msconfig its starting in selective start up, when i click normal start up and reboot no warning or notice to do so as it should, goes back to selective start up each timealso the apply button is greyed out think that the term doesnt apply the normal start up as it should just showsok or cancel working optionssystem file checker and check disk all good no issue, no other issues ii have noticed or found eithernot sure why its stuck on selective start uphow can i fix this?

:)

dohnot again, Oct 26, 2022

2. SELECTIVE START UP TO NORMAL START UP

THANK YOU FORYOUR EFFORTS. I DONT KNOW FROM WHERE THIS PROBLEM STARTED. I AM NOTICING IT SINCE LAST 3-4 DAYS. I UPGRADED MY LAPTOP FROM WIN7 TO WIN10 ON 15TH NOV.2015. WHEN I AM SELECTING THE THE NORMAL START UP AFTER UNCHECKING SELECTIVE START UP AND ITS
    COMPONENTS,AFTER RESTART THE SETTINGS REVERTING TO SELECTIVE START UP.THERE IS NO ERROR MESSAGE. I DID ACCORDING TO YOUR SUGESTION.BUT NO CHANGE. ARE YOU TELLING ME TO DO THE SETTINGS(FROM 1-3) IN SAFE MODE? THEN TELL ME WHAT START UP SETTING(1-9) I WILL
    SELECT IN SAFE MODE?

AJAYA KUMAR, Oct 26, 2022
  3. SELECTIVE START UP TO NORMAL START UP

HELLO,

MY PC IS ON SELECTIVE START UP SETTING.WHEN I AM TRYING TO CHANGE SETTINGS TO NORMAL START UP IT AUTOMACALLY REVERTS TO SELECTIVE START UP. IF THERE IS ANY PROBLEM IN MY LAPTOP? HOW CAN I CHANGE THE SETTING TO NORMAL START UP.

AJAYA KUMAR, Oct 26, 2022
  4. selective start up cant change to normal start up

SELECTIVE START UP TO NORMAL START UP

Hi Ajaya,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• How did you enter into selective startup?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    • What happened when you try to get into Normal mode, did you get any error messages?
    I would suggest you to refer the below screenshot and try to enter the Safe Mode through Login Screen.

selective start up cant change to normal start up 91d661b5-5bb9-40ab-8bb3-ec6cbd2c2aa2.png

• Press Windows + R keys, type msconfig and hit
      enter.
    • Select Boot tab. Uncheck the selective Startup and
      Check Normal Boot.
    • Restart the machine and check.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 26, 2022
Thema:

selective start up cant change to normal start up

1. selective start up cant change to normal start up - Similar Threads - selective start cant

2. After starting the computer, it reboots and starts up normally

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After starting the computer, it reboots and starts up normally: PC Specs:ryzen 5 3600gt 1030 8 GB 3200 MHZ Hyperx Kingston 256 GB WD GREENShould I be worried that it restarts after startup and then starts normally? This came up not long ago and I was literally starting to worry about it...
  3. After starting the computer, it reboots and starts up normally

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After starting the computer, it reboots and starts up normally: PC Specs:ryzen 5 3600gt 1030 8 GB 3200 MHZ Hyperx Kingston 256 GB WD GREENShould I be worried that it restarts after startup and then starts normally? This came up not long ago and I was literally starting to worry about it...
  4. After starting the computer, it reboots and starts up normally

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. selective start up cant change to normal start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    selective start up cant change to normal start up: discovered this issue by chance trying to figure out why the start up was slowerin msconfig its starting in selective start up, when i click normal start up and reboot no warning or notice to do so as it should, goes back to selective start up each timealso the apply button...
  6. Camera selection on start-up

Camera selection on start-up: When I use my Dell laptop on the docking station the facial recognition cannot find the built in camera but it does not transfer to the external camera I also have connected. However when the computer goes into lock through no use and I then return and it looks for a camera...
  7. Camera selection on start-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera selection on start-up: When I use my Dell laptop on the docking station the facial recognition cannot find the built in camera but it does not transfer to the external camera I also have connected. However when the computer goes into lock through no use and I then return and it looks for a camera...
  8. windows wont start up normally

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows wont start up normally: windows wont start up normally https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-wont-start-up-normally/aaec001d-5e47-4259-8aed-e94291690015
  9. Cannot change MSCONFIG from Selective to Normal Start Up

Cannot change MSCONFIG from Selective to Normal Start Up: Hi All, I have noticed in my fresh clean install of Windows 10 Pro, when running MSCONFIG that my system is set to Selective startup. If I select Normal startup and click Apply, it immediately defaults back to Selective startup again. I also notice that one service...
  10. Normal Start Up OR Selective Start Up

in Windows 10 Support
    Normal Start Up OR Selective Start Up: Another thread prompted me to have a look see at msconfig. To my surprise I find I'm operating with "Selective Start UP: [img] Only twice has this machine been accessed by someone other than myself, 1. A Microsoft Tech (3rd party) for Office installation and 2. A...