Windows 10: Selective Suspend causes USB devices on USB hub to stop functioning

Discus and support Selective Suspend causes USB devices on USB hub to stop functioning in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]You may notice USB devices may stop functioning correctly when multiple devices connected to the same USB hub go into selective suspend. In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jan 13, 2022.

1. WinClub New Member

Selective Suspend causes USB devices on USB hub to stop functioning

Selective Suspend causes USB devices on USB hub to stop functioning Selective-Suspend-causes-USB-devices-on-USB-hub-to-stop-functioning.jpg
    You may notice USB devices may stop functioning correctly when multiple devices connected to the same USB hub go into selective suspend. In this post, we will identify the root cause of the issue, as well as provide the most suitable solutions to resolve the issue on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer. When […]

This article Selective Suspend causes USB devices on USB hub to stop functioning first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Jan 13, 2022

2. USB HUB

Hi,

Incompatible USB hub driver is one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. We recommend uninstalling the USB Root Hub driver and see if it helps. Follow the stepes below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Double-click Universal Serial Bus controllers to expand.
    • Right-click USB Root Hub, then click Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab.
    • Click Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer.
    Note: Restarting your computer will automatically reinstall a generic driver for your computer. Also, we suggest connecting your USB hub while performing the steps.

If the issue still persists, let's disable the USB selective suspend settings thru Power Options to resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Type Power Options in the search box, then press Enter.
    • Locate USB settings > USB selective suspend settings.
    • Select Disable.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Jan 13, 2022
  3. Unable to disable USB Selective Suspend

Try this:

Go into your device manager and under Universal Serial Bus Controllers. Under there you will see USB hubs. In the properties for these hubs you will see a power management tab. Go under that tab and uncheck the option that allows the computer to turn the hubs off.

Selective Suspend causes USB devices on USB hub to stop functioning [​IMG]

Selective Suspend causes USB devices on USB hub to stop functioning [​IMG]

ArazelEternal, Jan 13, 2022
  4. Amit_Sun Win User

USB not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue could occur if the flash drive is damage or Windows USB root hub is not working as expected, you can try the troubleshooting steps below to further narrow down to the root cause of the issue.

1. May I know, if the USB is working on another computer?
    2. Which version of Windows is installed on the computer?
    3. Are you aware of any recent changes made on the computer?

I suggest you to check the article
    USB devices may stop functioning correctly when multiple devices connected to the same USB hub go
    into selective suspend
    , follow the steps on this article and check if this helps you.

If you don’t have any data concern, you can
    format the USB from disk manager
    (Applicable for Windows 10), check the topic
    To format an existing partition (volume) from the article, however you will have to perform this steps on your USB drive. So, make sure the USB is connected when you perform the format, please be careful to select the USB drive, if the steps
    is performed on wrong drive the data on the drive will be wiped.

If you still face the issue, please reply to this post with more information.

Regards,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Jan 13, 2022
Thema:

1. Selective Suspend causes USB devices on USB hub to stop functioning - Similar Threads - Selective Suspend causes

2. USB Suspend:USB Device not Entering Selective Suspend

in Windows 10 News
    USB Suspend:USB Device not Entering Selective Suspend: [ATTACH]If after running the powercfg /ENERGY command on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer, and in the Efficiency Diagnostics Report you see the error message USB Device not Entering Selective Suspend, then this post is intended to help you with the most adequate...
  3. USB Selective Suspend Setting not found.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Selective Suspend Setting not found.: I am trying to find the USB Selective Suspend Setting in my computer, I am on windows 11 and found the power options, the next step would be to select USB Settings {expand} and then disable the selective suspend setting, but I cant find it anywhere. I am trying to change this...
  4. USB Selective Suspend Setting not found.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Selective Suspend Setting not found.: I am trying to find the USB Selective Suspend Setting in my computer, I am on windows 11 and found the power options, the next step would be to select USB Settings {expand} and then disable the selective suspend setting, but I cant find it anywhere. I am trying to change this...
  5. Increase the delay for USB Selective Suspend.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Increase the delay for USB Selective Suspend.: I have this keyboard on the laptop that does not respect selective suspend keeping the cpu at high power usage all the time. I've found a way to force the keyboard to go to sleep when not in use, but when it chooses to go from awake to sleep, it has a half a second or so of...
  6. USB Selective Suspend

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB Selective Suspend: I've got an issue with selective suspend of a thermal printer in Windows 10 and I can't seem to find anywhere that specifically states the length of time Windows will wait. Any chance there's a simple answer for this? I'm able to disable it entirely, but it seems weird that...
  7. USB Selective Suspend is not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    USB Selective Suspend is not working: Greetings all, Long story short: No matter how many USB options I check in device manager (properties > power management > allow the computer to turn off this device to save power), and no matter how many Advanced power plan settings I adjust the USB selective...
  8. USB Selective Suspend is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Selective Suspend is not working: Greetings all, Long story short: No matter how many USB options I check in device manager (properties > power management > allow the computer to turn off this device to save power), and no matter how many Advanced power plan settings I adjust the USB selective...
  9. Unable to disable USB Selective Suspend

Unable to disable USB Selective Suspend: Hi there- kind of an unusual problem. I'm having issues with a 3rd party Microsoft wireless controller receiver shutting off in game. One option I haven't explored yet is USB selective suspend messing with its power. Unfortunately, when I go to change the advanced power...
  10. Adjust USB selective suspend setting

Adjust USB selective suspend setting: I think this is a long shot but here goes.... I know how to turn off/on the "USB selective suspend setting". I actually don't mind that it is enabled however what I find annoying is when my external 'wakes', a window pops up showing all of my files on the external as if I...